Raise Zombie

"
Bjarmfark wrote:
The pure builds are the most suceptible to poor game design because they take the full hit when the devs try to set things straight. Thats why combinations of builds are more resiliant to change.

@topic I can just say that its a shame that blunders like this reduces build diversity. From a constructive standpoint I have some ideas apart from just playing with the numbers that might solve the issue about zombies dying fast.

What seems to kill zombies and most other totems and summons are heavy elemental damages amd multiprojectile monsters. Give zombies more base all resist to combat the sickness of crying infant zombies.

But why is multiple projectiles just melting my ONE zombie so fast? Its like the zombie is hit with all tjree projectiles which is just stupid. Or perhaps its a bug because it seems that multi proj monsters in general suffers NO penalty to damage like players do! So either make it so the summons is hit by ONE projectile or/and give multiproj a damage penalty like a player has.

You are right, I feel the same, when I encountered the ACT3 snakes, my minions were getting killed like crazy. And it also really felt like if it was hit by 3 projectiles at a time.

On another note: Is there any eta on the Caching of the models? The lag that occur when I don't use the skill for some time is getting me almost killed :(
It seems difficult to understand that there is no figure for minion damage, armour and resistances, when those figures should be used to work out whether they, or what they are fighting, should survive.
Surely the game code uses some numbers for these, even if they don't have armour or resistances, they definitely do SOME damage.
"
magpye wrote:
It seems difficult to understand that there is no figure for minion damage, armour and resistances, when those figures should be used to work out whether they, or what they are fighting, should survive.
Surely the game code uses some numbers for these, even if they don't have armour or resistances, they definitely do SOME damage.
"The Game Code" is not some nebulous whole with no restrictions. A Zombie in the world is an object with stats, such as resistance and damage values, that it uses when taking or dealing damage.

The raise zombie skill on your character doesn't and can't have those stats. It (implicitly) knows which type of monster to summon, and has a stat saying what level to summon it at, allowing it, when used, to issue a command to the game world saying to spawn a Raised Zombie of level X. The process of creating that monster populates it's object with the correct stats, but at no stage are the zombie's stats in any way part of your stats or the skill's stats.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 1, 2013, 1:06:22 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
magpye wrote:
"The Game Code" is not some nebulous whole with no restrictions. A Zombie in the world is an object with stats, such as resistance and damage values, that it uses when taking or dealing damage.

The raise zombie skill on your character doesn't and can't have those stats. It (implicitly) knows which type of monster to summon, and has a stat saying what level to summon it at, allowing it, when used, to issue a command to the game world saying to spawn a Raised Zombie of level X. The process of creating that monster populates it's object with the correct stats, but at no stage are the zombie's stats in any way part of your stats or the skill's stats.

I think the point he was trying to make (or at least maybe partially) was the fact that none of the information there is shown or given to the player for display; why can't we know these things?
I completely agree that there should be at least some kind of info regarding the stats of zombies.
Chance to hit in the character screen is approximated by your level in some way.
Perhaps the stats of your zombies/skeletons could be approximated, or assumed, depending on the skill gem's or your level?
For example if you're using a lvl 10 Raise Zombie gem, assume you raised some lvl 38 monster and give the stats for that. Also account for the de-leveling accordingly with your area level, etc, however you actually set the zombies' stats.

That would be immensely satisfying to at least have some numbers to crunch! :)
Following, if you will, a big disclaimer about approximation.
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
I have a question.
What happens if I use uniques buffing my minions?

For example I summon my zombies, then change my gear. Will my minions still have the buffs from uniques? They dont die when swapping gear.
IGN: HeavySmasher
Is there any chance to know minions statistics, even outside the game?
I would like to know their base damage(level 14, or do they keep gaining base dmg after that?), attack speed, crit chance. Do they have any accurancy? At least any stastistic possible to know at any lvl.
Will quality additional accurancy gem increase my zombies crit chance? What about critical hits support gems?

BTW. Something that suprised me, in the character panel my minions have listed increased shock chance from Static blows.
IGN: HeavySmasher
This may have been explained before, however, using the search feature has not yielded any conclusive posts.

I have been looking into buffing my zombie melee elemental damage and one option I was looking into was Weapon Elemental Damage. However, in the path of exile wiki it is stated that weapon elemental damage does not work with zombies. Why is this the case? Are zombie attacks considered unarmed? And why if this is the case does the w icon appear in the raise zombie skill? Is that a bug? Or am I missing something?
"
DRT wrote:
This may have been explained before, however, using the search feature has not yielded any conclusive posts.

I have been looking into buffing my zombie melee elemental damage and one option I was looking into was Weapon Elemental Damage. However, in the path of exile wiki it is stated that weapon elemental damage does not work with zombies. Why is this the case? Are zombie attacks considered unarmed? And why if this is the case does the w icon appear in the raise zombie skill? Is that a bug? Or am I missing something?
it'll be on the zombies and work fine... but zombies normally do not deal elemental damage so there's no effects... until they DO have elemental damage (via other supports or using auras).
Has this been tested? I have been toying with using the Weapon Elemental Damage gem with Added Fire Damage and I cannot see any noticeable difference between having the gem equipped or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info