Raise Zombie

Give zombies resists! and smarter ai ! theyre undead monster no reason elements should hurt them so much!
There's a Minion Resistance support gem, the Necromantic Aegis passive can get them a metric ton of Resistances, and you can run Purity. It's not that hard to get some resists on your Zombies :/
"
Vipermagi wrote:
There's a Minion Resistance support gem, the Necromantic Aegis passive can get them a metric ton of Resistances, and you can run Purity. It's not that hard to get some resists on your Zombies :/

zombies are used a 4 link helm wasting a gem slot for resist makes theyre damage even crappier even with resist/life 1 retard zombie will block the rest and just stand there and let my army get aoe'd down
You don't *have* to put them in your Helm slot. Regardless, that only removes the weakest of three options; you still have access to both NA and Purity.
and vitality aura + rejuvy totem.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 22, 2013, 7:08:52 PM
Okay, something needs to be done to address the AI of spectres and minions in general indoors.

I've been playing summoner for a long time now. I'm level 79, continuing to do end-game maps.

The more I do these maps, and the further I get, the more I notice a very large issue: minion AI is really bad indoors. There's just a ridiculous number of issues with it, which leads me to begin to question the viability of my build:

-Minions often do not want to go through doors, even if it's just a small archway. They will sit around outside of it, eventually maybe squeezing 1 or 2 through and the others just sitting outside. They will die to everything in the next room without even trying to go through the door. Even directing them to go through with wand attacks doesn't help.

-Minions don't want to shoot through doors either. My spectres shoot fireballs, and there are enemies clearly right ahead through the door, but they won't shoot. They will take poison bombs to the face from an Undying Alchemist/whatever and just die, without any retaliation.

-Narrow corridors are terrible. Minions stop for no reason, get stuck on each other, and even if enemies are in melee range, sometimes they just will not fight. I just went through a Arachnid's Nest map and the final corridor to the boss was impossible: the minions WOULD NOT walk through the corridor, no matter what I did. My guess is that it was too skinny of a path? I have no idea, but I ended up dying a few times simply because they would not go. My final attempt was to run past everything in order to get them to "warp" into the next room, but that didn't work either.

The minion AI is a severely limiting factor of summoner builds. You'd think more minions would be a good thing most of the time, but because their AI is so bad, it ends up being a bad thing. With 11 Zombies and 16 Skeletons, I end up not even bothering to resummon a few lost zombies because the benefits I should have don't exist due to derpy AI. Whether it's them getting stuck on each other through doorways, standing around doing nothing... it's just a mess. I will say that outdoors they work well for the most part, but even improvements there can be made to their reaction/aggro radius/something (in general, they can still be quite derpy). My build uses a +16% quality minion speed gem on zombies and skeletons simply because I want them to be able to do what they need to do as soon as possible as soon as their AI realizes what they should be doing. In addition, I (hope) that it helps them unclog themselves in bunched up situations, or actually adjust their position to where they are happy enough to melee back at the enemy whacking them, but most of the time it does not.

I have to ask you that please take the time to refine this a bit in some way, with indoors issues being priority. Most end-game maps are "Area is a maze" in order to maximize loot drops and enemy spawns, but it usually ends up being a horrible mod for a summoner for the wrong reasons (derpy AI). Maps like Tunnels and Mine are a death sentence. My minions are tanky, but there's only so much they can take while standing around and doing nothing. If I had a support gem that gave my minions the ability to walk through each other (or improved their AI indoors) I would use that over anything else.

Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Crevox on May 23, 2013, 10:10:01 PM
The zombies are terrible. I am like a Magnet to them, they almost never attack something. They stick to my character as if theres a magnet pulling them to my witch.

I curse a crowd of enemies and the zombies do nothing but standing around.... for a pure curse witch its very hard to get these stupid minions to attack and stay at the targets.

The ATTACK indicator for Zombies and Spectres should be either >>>

Player Curse´s > i curse a group of enemies > Minions must attack them
Skeletons targets > if i summon skellies inbetween enemies > Zombies has to support them
Group members target > if a close group member attacks an ememy > Zombies should support

if i move on, the zombies should follow me but much later than they actually do.

I just have to move my character and the zombies leave the fight to follow my character even if there are still 9999 enemies close.

The Magnetic effect has to be decreased by 100% so that the zombies dont stop attacking/fighting whenever my character leaves a fart....

The skeletons arent much better.. to slow... they just walk away even if enemies are close... so stupid really..

Almost L78 summoner witch here and i watched the crappy minion behavior million a times over the past weeks ....
Didn't notice anything in the 0.11 patch notes regarding zombie health being reduced. So that means our zombies will live longer now since monster damage got reduced and their armor being more viable if they have any?
After 0.11 patch Zombies are more reliable. They can take a lot more beating and their AI is better. No more problems with doors and they have less problems with swarming single mobs.
Ah noticed there's been some HP updates after all regarding summons. Didn't get to play yet but I'll try out the new AI soon. Hope it's better as you described.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info