Raise Zombie

I am a pure summoner about lvl 49. This is the best possible build for me when I want to relax, and I really love it. Its even more fun then my d2 necromanser. And it is not boring at all. Summoning skeletons is very active skill, also combination with curses and auras, makes your position important.
SO, DO NOT CHANGE IT. There are already a lot of active classes out there, so leave this one alone, for other people that want to relax a little. Only thing is to remove to be able to click on summons will improve little problems with party play.
Also summoner class works best in combination with range or sorcery, not a melee class.
How are the stats for zombies calculated?
How much armour, evasion, chance to hit, attack speed etc. have a zombie? Is it based on the zone I summon him?

I'm thinking about linking a accuracy or increased attack speed support gem to zombies, does this effect them, and in which way?
Hi.

I didn't read all post here, so maybe some1 said this before.

When I'm using this skill, and the skill just allows me to summon 1 zombie (on lvl 1 for example) If I lvl up the skill and upgrade to lvl 2 I'm allowed to summon 2 zombies, instead of just one as skill gem say.

after one of the 2 zombies die, or I enter another instance etc, I can't summon 2 anymore, but during first period when I lvl up the gem I can.
An immense river of oblivion is sweeping us away into a nameless abyss.
I'm running a build mostly around minions and ice right now and feel that my zombies are incredibly powerful. They do very heavy damage, and with mods attack and move very quickly. Maybe check out the damage modifier.
From what I have experienced during the weekend I have to say zombies need few changes
1) The way it is right now it looks like zombies are a must have in order to survive as a witch which I find to be a limiting factor during character development

2)They are way too tanky making life too easy

3)They wonder around randomly during combat into different directions forcing you to re summon them continiously to keep all of them around you.

LvL 30 Witch: Summon-Cold-Curse build
Last edited by Zalek on Apr 2, 2012, 4:08:14 AM
"
Zalek wrote:
...1) The way it is right now it looks like zombies are a must have in order to survive as a witch which I find to be a limiting factor during character development
2)They are way too tanky making life too easy
3)They wonder around randomly during combat into different directions forcing you to re summon them continiously to keep all of them around you...

I completely agree with these points, in fact, it is not even necessary to specialize in summoning for zombies to be super-effective. Why would you not summon a semi-juggernaut that costs a few cents in mana, if you can?

One extra solution to consider, besides nerfing zombies, would be making them limit your maximum mana, like all permanent status effects.

Level 20 witch, fire-(summoning) build.
"
Daemonsoul wrote:
it is not even necessary to specialize in summoning for zombies to be super-effective. Why would you not summon a semi-juggernaut that costs a few cents in mana, if you can?

Agree with this. I didn't even specialized in minions that much. I only picked up minion passives that were necessary on my way to other skills. Ex: While trying to get to Arcane Potency at Templar skill tree
Gonna throw in my feedback during the lvling of my witch..

The zombies are a welcome addition that sometimes keeps the monsters away from me. The reason I say sometimes is that they really are not tanks as someone said. If I enter an area first before the zombies and then getting the initial aggro then the monsters stick to me with the zombies just running around and doing nothing beside an occational hit or two.

This gets much better if they are the ones going into the new area first since they will get the initial aggro which let's me get to fire off some spells.

They are basically the only ones that make me use minions though since I really don't like the skeletons or the spectre.

I should mention that I have alot easier times with my templar (cleave) build then with this character so changing the zombies would be a bad thing imo. Also the reports from those in high lvls playing chaos difficulty says that the zombies dies sooooo fast which is a huge problem for them. So to me this seems reasonable. They should be good in the beginning and less at the higher difficulties. So please let them stay as they are now since I think they are perfect and they are at least useful. To be a good "summoner" you need to direct your skilltree to several different directions which makes you loose other very nice passives so let the zombies be as they are since it's a fair trade.

** Edit: Yes the pathing is a problem for all the summons currently. Ie if they attack on one direction and I miss that and move the other direction and I get into a fight then it has happened several times that they never return. They simply go on their own vendetta until they die in the other direction instead of staying(get ported) to their master when he/she is moving **

/Ely
IGN: Azatooth or Xploding
Last edited by thrilled on Apr 2, 2012, 8:12:55 AM
Having leveled a fire witch some during the weekend, I found the zombie gem indespensible for her. I would conjure a zombie and then follow him while he rounds up a horde of enemies for me to smoke with fire storm. All this without a single minion passive.

I'm a bit leery of having zombies being nerfed in damage and hp. I found that my zombie was relatively squishy and I had to resummon him on multiple occasions. Given that I didn't stick any skill points in minion buffs I'm fine with that.

The one thing that struck me odd was the zombie's speed. Apparently one of the material components for the spell is an infusion of Speed. I wouldn't mind if zombie speed was toned down some.

Also, if you aren't going to let us have our minions follow us through the map transition to a boss lair, we need more trash packs in the boss lair so summon heavy builds don't get screwed.
"

Also, if you aren't going to let us have our minions follow us through the map transition to a boss lair, we need more trash packs in the boss lair so summon heavy builds don't get screwed.

This. I kept minion skills to minimum so I didn't have to rely on zombies but I do not think summon heavy build can handle bosses without summoning zombies. Skeletons are just not enough to tank a boss, they go down with first aoe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info