Raise Zombie

66 levels of fun with my horde has led me to the following suggestions:

Reduce zombie attack delay
Zombies run to a mob, stop, swing, then miss because the mob moved. There should be less delay between a zombie getting in range of and striking a mob, especially when that mob is chasing you.

Make zombies protective
If the player is attacked by a melee mob I'd like nearby minions to immediately fall on that mob like enraged pet pit bulls. Perhaps this could be a keystone passive where they'd also gain a frenzy charge with each attempt on your life?

You run, they follow
They should try to stay within one screen of you even if they're in the middle of a fight when you move away.

Leeching minions
It would be nice if life and mana leech supports gave 10% of life/mana leeched by a minion to its summoner.

Critical cast
On a critical cast a stronger more ferocious looking enraged minion would erupt from the corpse, perhaps causing aoe damage similar to detonate dead on emergence.

Player auras
I'd like new skills that give the player an aura when cast. The aura would of course affect your minions.
Last edited by BlastMonkey on Feb 20, 2012, 9:32:15 AM
This may have been said already, so I apologize if it was.

I noticed that if you have a zombie already summoned when the gem levels up it will allow you to summon a second zombie that will follow you around.

This is while I only have one minion allowed
"
Fragglegasm wrote:
This may have been said already, so I apologize if it was.

I noticed that if you have a zombie already summoned when the gem levels up it will allow you to summon a second zombie that will follow you around.

This is while I only have one minion allowed

Yes, it is a known bug.
I came to offer some suggestions for minions but the 2nd post already addresses most of them. The only other things to say is that the aggro radius for minions to wander off is too big. I'd also add that they should stop what they're doing and follow you when you run a smaller distance away so I can stop them from engaging in battles I don't care for them to fight.
The zombies are not that bad but their dmg is ridiculously low at high levels . They don't attack the same target , they wonder randomly covering the entire map sometimes .
They should follow you and not the other way around , they are the minions that I summon , they don't summon me .

Also I wanted to mention the bad itemization when it comes to Necromantic Aegis + minions - 12 % IAS - are you kidding me ? That's all ? For minions that attack random targets and deal such low dmg , unacceptable .

I know that the minions were designed as a SUPPORT skill , but then you have like 2312039 passives for them dmg inc , hp inc etc etc ?! It is clear that this has to be a viable build and not some waste of time slow poke bs .

I'm not saying " hey buff our build so we can go afk while the minions are clearing the map while everyone else have to work harder " don't get me wrong but knowing how some other builds tend to use like 2-3 skills at max to deal great DPS and knowing how as a summoner ( nerco aegis or not doesn't matter ) requires you to use at high levels all the spells possible that you can assign your hotkeys to makes the summoner atm unrewarding , slow , not competitive and not even fun type of build.

If you guys want to give us real freedom of choise , make it so the "summoners" can be competitve and not slow as hell - using all of my minions + 2 curses + minions explosions + detonate + fire storm resulting in slower clearing compared to let's say a different type of witch that has almost the same survivability with the minion support except without spending a single point in minion passives and uses half of the spells that I use . Ridiculous .

Minions don't benefit from anything other than their passives , so buff the passives a lil bit?! How about that ?!

Some people may say " oh ok you play half AFK build and you're QQ-ing " , I chalange you to try to compete in Chaos with any other generic build , tell me how it went and if you felt good bout your character using 2x more spells and dealing half the dps with greater effort even while having the UNDEAD ARMY as a "support" .

Minions are laughable atm = Summoner builds are laughable . Time to reroll , then what's the point of having freedom while building you character when at the end of the day there will be like 5 viable builds for every patch ? This smells like a design flaw to me .

EDIT : Every other single SKILL in the game shows it's DPS in NUMBERS but not the zombies - speechless .

Last edited by skaterboy80 on Mar 5, 2012, 1:48:59 AM
Can I get some clarification?

If I have two level 7 (raise zombie) gems, with no passive buffs for more minions.

Should I have able to raise twice as many minions?

Right now, my skill tree lets me raise 4 minions.
Is that four minions per gem or total?

What is the intended limit? Since sometimes I can raise 6-8 minions which follow me around, other times it's 4.

I get that people can make a bunch of mindless minions by teleporting out. My situation is that I will start with no zombies in an area and make 6-8 zombies, go to a different area and only make 4. Since I got both my raise zombie gems pretty early, they are nearly always the same level.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
I use this spell too and here is my feedbeack.

positive:
- good decoy and helps alot to survive
- nice animation if they explode
- they feel like a brainless horde
- like to supportgem them with +hp and +ligthdmg

minus:
- the attack on sight radius is to high for "usuall" gameplay (u know, walking free and chose you path urself)
- the dps increase by passives feels useless because the dmg is very low at all
- full summonspec feels not viable combared to other witch builds i have checked (icenovabuild, firestormbuild)
- the more minions u have, the less effective the Minion Explode passive gets (minions die slower or dont even die)

Pls give them a little bit more love :>
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
Last edited by LadyDevimon on Mar 13, 2012, 8:32:32 AM
First things I noticed.

They don't aggro mobs, if a elite monster is chasing you, the zombies try to play touch football with it. This makes zombies more than useless honestly in this situation.

Don't load with you in new zones, I don't know if it's a technical issue or just something not implemented but it does not make sense at the moment.

Also, no templates for the zombies? This makes it even harder to keep track of them since they tend to just disappear most of the time. D2's templates are easy and effective.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Last edited by laycast on Mar 14, 2012, 5:08:39 AM
I have two new things to report but i dont know which one is the bug.

1. If i gain Power Charges and use the passive Conduit, my Minions dont get the charges like a other party member whould

2. If i raise a spectre of the big monkeys in the jungle, and they use theire frenzy charge skill my minions and i get the frenzy charges

Edit:

Power Charges on me effect my critical strike chance of all spells, but dont effect the critical strike chance of my Raise Zombie spell.
Supportgemed by Increased Critical Damage, the critical strike multiplier of the minions is incresed.
But Increased Critical Strikes doesn't increase the critical chance(tooltip has the letter "s", but charinfo is at base 5%).

All spell improvements on gear are worthless for this spell.

How are curses working? For me its imposible to check this, because you cant see the rolls.

If its all intended and it has to be so, in my opinion this "scaling", more or less, will allways confuse those who want to build any minion build. Be it full sommuner or any other build with some summon support as defense.

I know the next betapatch is comming soon and i think i will try this build again to see what is improved or not.

My Build is:

My Summoner Build so far

English is my third language, there will be bugs.
Last edited by LadyDevimon on Mar 18, 2012, 5:31:58 PM
What are minions rarity/quantity drop rates? (just to make sure :) )
ign: Ron
Last edited by Alegor on Mar 18, 2012, 6:08:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info