Raise Spectre

'Capped' simply means there's a limit at some point. It doesn't mean the Minions already hit that cap. Spectres of slow monsters, such as rock golems, are notably slower than Rhoa, for example.
Will ever they remain even after a logout so that I don't have to "hunt" the right ones each time I log in? Specially if I get deconneted is quite annoying having to look again for them. Zombies are not a problem, they just need random corpses, but summoning specters takes away some play time each time.
^
Yea, like a pokemon lol.... you capture once and then you can summon them whenever you want. That is one of the reasons i don't like pvp at all right now as a summoner... the mobs to spectre there are really bad ones and my dps as a summoner comes from spectres.
"
pelife123 wrote:
^
Yea, like a pokemon lol.... you capture once and then you can summon them whenever you want. That is one of the reasons i don't like pvp at all right now as a summoner... the mobs to spectre there are really bad ones and my dps as a summoner comes from spectres.

Not really like a pokémon, because if the specter die you need to look for anotehr one (while for the pkmn you just have to go back in town), but surely would be helpful for summoners like us.
How about a simple "imprint feature"?

For example: casting the spell on a corpse saves the target creature. Casting it on a free place summons everytime the last imprinted creature.

And maybe save the imprinted creature even after relogging :)
"
blutsgewalt wrote:
How about a simple "imprint feature"?

For example: casting the spell on a corpse saves the target creature. Casting it on a free place summons everytime the last imprinted creature.

And maybe save the imprinted creature even after relogging :)

This would be good.
And if the devs don't want it to be too spammable that way they can just make it more expensive or with a cooldown when not used on a corpse (thise way I couldn't spam super-specters as I can with Skeletons).
I think the raise spectre with the unrighteous fire mob in Lunaris Temple is broken and needs to be adressed asap
Last edited by AGGERI on Jan 11, 2014, 9:50:34 AM
"
AGGERI wrote:
I think the raise spectre with the unrighteous fire mob in Lunaris Temple is broken and needs to be adressed asap

Yes, how dares he have the same clear speed as flicker and discharge?! The nerve!!!
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
AGGERI wrote:

I think you've never played as a summoner before.

Nearly no one use skeleton as main summons, a few use zombies as main summons, but the great majority uses spectre as main summon. Why? Because it's more versatile and specially because unlike skelleton and zombies which have a terrible AI (sometimes they just stand there taking hits without fighting back) they can be ranged.

Now the big issue of raise spectre: Spectres only scale down on levels. So, if you get a lv 30 spectre and go to a lv 10 instance it will be a lv 10 spectre, but if you go to a lv 60 instance he will be a lv 30 minion in a lv 60 instance... 1 shot and dead.

Just tried a few lv 75~76 maps and even with all minion hp nodes, chober chaber, minion life, minion resist, using maxed vitality, discipline and purity of elements auras they are shred like paper because they are lv 65 mobs. So, unless you can instakill everything on screen they are going to die, that is also a reason most summoners run solo. Also, you don't "just spectre" anything on floor. You need to get the good spectres, which happens to be only but a few due to this "only scale down on levels" issue.

Only viable spectres right now are:
Burned miscreation - AOE dmg
Flame Sentinels - Ranged dmg, good survivability because ES and they follow you up close
Undying evangelist - Proximity shield (bad dmg, just good as defensive minion)

Now some spectres that could be good but aren't as things are now:
Chaos bear would be good but he is too low lv
Voidbearers instant die in high lv maps
Tentacle miscreation, udying alchemist, undying incinerator and carrion queen are squishy and they stay too far away from you (your aura don't reach them and they end up dying)
Frenzy monkey got nerfed

There are others that could be good but you don't even pay attention to them becaue they are too low lv and you can't use them.

Take the burning miscreation out and then the skill that, i believe, was created to be a versatile gem can be renamed to "summon flame sentinel skill gem".

Sorry for the big post, but there is another thing i would like to ask.
Why can't summon spectre and zombie have animate guardian AI?

AG has offensive AI, not dumb AI like zombie, and what is the most "amazing" thing about AG is that you can take the gem off, when you put it back the AG spawns back, you can even log out and log back and the AG is there, you don't need to resumon it why can't spectres and zombie be like that?
not doubting anything but... even spectre "stand around" if foes are able to attack from far enough away. i have to drop skeletons down before both spectre and zombies "wake up" and start fighting back. skeletons definitely are weak, but they're funny bombs (that no longer account for much but as still something). skeletons are FAR better as body blockers, zombies are only thing to last against rares, otherwise (both) are bomb fodder for unique mobs.

spectre are definitely the damage dealers. at least zombies explode for 4 times the damage than skeletons (roughly twice hp AND no 50% elemental damage penalty).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info