Raise Spectre

Hey guys.

I'm sorry if its not the right place to report this, or if it has already been reported, but I'd like to point out some things when raising a golem/titan spectre.

1) More or less a comfort thing, but when followed by golems/titans, I have constant screenshaking, due to their steps I guess.
2) Sometimes, they would appear in their sleeping form, therefore have to be triggered by enemy proximity. Not sure if its intended.

Sorry for the english, and stuff.
Skimmed trough most of this topic quickly but didn't spot anything related to a question I got.

I read this line at the PoE wiki:
"
NB: Spectres keep their original monster-level, so you can't take a normal mob into Merciless and expect it to survive 1-hit.

-> http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Minion#Spectre_choices

Example:
If a level 50 witch would summon spectres out of level 30 corpses and goes killing with these spectres in a level 30 zone. What would happen to the drop penalty of currency items (this includes skill gems)? Will there be a penalty as the witch is 50 or none due to the spectres getting the last hit?
Last edited by nialzinth on Feb 27, 2013, 3:50:23 PM
minion kills count as your own, if they are supported with magicfind related supports, then thier magic find applies to you when they kill.
Could we get a confirm or a negative on the downscaling?

Seems odd if it does get downscaled being that no other ability in the game suffers from this - why the special attention? Would also be silly when considering there are already penalties for a level difference in play (lower droprate).

If both penalties are in play then you end up with spectres no better than the map level but suffering bad drop rates.
And how about item buffs? Say : increased item rarity% amulet/ring/etc, will it still affect minions/spectres, if i swap it after they were summoned?

"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Can anyone confirm that the buff and support gems only affect the moment when you summon spectres, but not after you have summoned them? say change a support gem, minion related gear etc.

I see if you take out the +1 spectre related gear, 1 spectre will immediately disappear.
Or what if I change a support gem which is linked to spectre after it's summoned? will it still in play?

Properties of the spectre are generated once, when it's created. If you remove a support, the spectre will keep the effect of the support anyway. Conversely, if you add a support, it won't buff your current spectres, you need to resummon them with the current support. This is consistent with other gems that have durable effects(for example Reduced Mana on auras then removing reduce mana won't change the reserve cost until you recast it).
"
And how about item buffs? Say : increased item rarity% amulet/ring/etc, will it still affect minions/spectres, if i swap it after they were summoned?

These are checked when you kill the mobs, swapping gear for spectres wouldn't do anything. Swapping the item rarity/quantity support gems would however.
Carrion queen:

Can someone confirm if the projectile attack used is a ranged physical attack (i.e. use faster attacks) or a magic attack (i.e. use faster casting) also can someone confirm if it is an AOE attack or regular (i.e. just a large arrow).

I'm leaning towards ranged physical attack, small aoe.
Not sure if it's known or not, but a lot of the time (like right now in Lunaris Temple) minions will get trapped behind walls and fail to follow me into a new room (this happens *everywhere*) is pathing being looked at?

Secondly, very very often, my minions and specifically my ranged spectres will fail to engage enemies that are imo very close to me, until I actually walk within a few feet of the enemy. This can of course result in my untimely death, because my spectres only interpret a friendly hug as a signal to attack. Is this being looked at as well?
Spectre level:

I understand if you make a spectre out of a magic/rare monster it just uses the base monsters stats, but does this include its level?

for example solaris temple is level 62, a rare flame sentinel would be lvl 64. would i end up with a lvl 62 or lvl 64 base flame sentinel?

I'm assuming monster stats scale up with level so although it might only have "base" stats, it'd still be 2 levels higher maybe and hence stronger than a regular 62 one by a bit.
Pros:

Unique abilities
Permanent

Cons:

Movement speed capped on a quality 13% gem, what's the point in having a 20....huge con in my book
Pathing/target recognition is poor (all minions seem to just sit around for a while before attacking)
Killed a bit too fast

I'm sure I'm missing a few from both but those are the most important that I can think of.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info