Raise Spectre

Tentacle Miscreation in Lunaris is the one with 3 fireballs right. If not i am asking about the one that fires three fireballs and looks like a squid

Does faster casting affect that spectre or faster attacks?

Will these fireballs fork upon impact, i would test but i dont have fork.

Also they already fire 3 if i put LMP on it would it fire 9 fireballs?

Im thinking this will kill my computer if it can fire 9 fireballs all that fork upon impact. 18 total if they all fork. Have 3-4 spectres up with gear and they screen will be nothing but fireballs and my video card wills tart to smoke LOL

"
Dalnoi wrote:
Tentacle Miscreation in Lunaris is the one with 3 fireballs right. If not i am asking about the one that fires three fireballs and looks like a squid

Does faster casting affect that spectre or faster attacks?

Will these fireballs fork upon impact, i would test but i dont have fork.

Also they already fire 3 if i put LMP on it would it fire 9 fireballs?

Im thinking this will kill my computer if it can fire 9 fireballs all that fork upon impact. 18 total if they all fork. Have 3-4 spectres up with gear and they screen will be nothing but fireballs and my video card wills tart to smoke LOL

This is actually a pretty standard technique, and yes to all of the above. I believe it's faster casting you need for the fireball ones, but faster attacks for the titty machinegun demons or the blue fire dogs, so that's up to you which you use, neither is very needed though. Spectre, minion life, GMP/LMP, minion damage is a good 4L.
These "squids" are flame sentinels and kind of demonic tapestry. ^^

For them u need "faster casting", has a nice effect on their speed.
And i cant recommend LMP/GMP for them, as they are already firing 3 projectiles. The damage gain is minimal,
(3 projectiles -50%, 4 +50%, makes just +50% damage in the end, when ALL fireballs hit...)
and just screws the video performance. (and its 7 fireballs each multi-cast btw.)
My best experience was with (minion damage)+(concentrated effect)+(faster casting) plus another one for whatever you need like increased criticals, minion life, item quantity/rarity, added damage, etc.
I love spectres.
I really really do

Now with zombies it's not so much an issue but with spectres it would be nice if we were able to see their HP
That only works as long as you only have a single spectre unfortunately. I got four right now as you can see. Maybe you can find a way to show multiple hp bars for the spectres.

Silly qusetion, but I have to be sure :) - does global crit++ from my items/passives affect spectres?
And second question- do magic spectres benefit from mana regen aura?
ign: Ron
Last edited by Alegor on Feb 14, 2013, 9:40:32 AM
No for items/passives, the GGG philosophy is: "your stats are yours, not ur summons"
Edit: but linking gems that modify crits do work

And also no for manaregeneration, as they don't need mana to cast.
Last edited by Seelenernter on Feb 14, 2013, 10:49:32 AM
In my opinion its pretty simple. Get any 3 link, place in LMP, Spectre, and Lifeleach, go to Solaris WP get 2-3 Fire Sentinels. Congratulations your overpowered now. Or at least on par with any other spec.

What I actually wanna say is this: Use the right support gems and auras and you wont have the problem of dying spectres except against bosses which can be really annoying...
Last edited by Prismatic4 on Feb 16, 2013, 2:39:30 PM
LMP/GMP is counterproductive btw., leech-wise as well as performance-wise.

And as said, the stats of the spectres aren't the problem, in fact a flame sentinel boosted with purity and discipline can take some serious hits.
The problem is the core mechanic fact, that you can't influence the Utilization of your skills at all, when not facing the favored enemy. No other build/skill has a similar handicap.
The only solution is beeing able to resummon them, via additional item/effect to determine the kind of spectres, or at least left "corpses" of killed spectres. More tankability would be to much, one should at least need to do s.t. to keep them up.
Last edited by Seelenernter on Feb 16, 2013, 3:48:12 PM
Are spectres downscaled for lower level maps like zombies are?
Because somehow they were able to tank Merveil on norm while one suddenly went poof to the fire fury on normal. I'm really confused and unsure here.
Last edited by zankioh on Feb 18, 2013, 8:45:01 AM
Minions don't get downscaled, period, far as I know.
They of course still have finite Life. Without some source of Regeneration, they will die eventually, even to the weakest of enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info