Raise Spectre

Most of the complaints, if you looked at the date of the discussion, were before Act 3 came out, so comparing pre Act 3 spectres to Act 3 is a bit silly. But even now, they are still squishy and there are some pretty big bugs with Raise Spectre. If you raise the Ruined Titan or any of the earth elementals in Act 2, they remain as rubble until you force them to auto catch up to you in combat. And even then more often than not they just stand around.

I had mentioned to Qaal how I think one way to make Spectres more appealing, and over all more useful is if you choose to raise a Necromancer or Merveil's Chosen or Crimson Queen or whatever that mob is in Act 3, would be it continuing to spawn it's own minions or raise undead. That, and having the necromancer minions debuff count as their own, instead of one of yours, or removing the ability for them to cast their debuff at all, if it is not possible, would add a bit more usability to Raise Spectre, and make it more rewarding to use.
Actually if you raise the necromancers in Lunaris(the human ones that also do temp chains or maybe it's enfeeble forgot), they raise zombies even as spectres. I'm not sure why exactly those do but not the normal necromancers in act 1 and 2, but it's apparently possible.

Oh and a bug the other day, think it's an old one though, I spectred a gorilla in crossroad, then when I went to Felshrine to farm, it was summoning enemy monkeys from the trees in felshrine. Made people freak out to see monkeys attacking them in felshrine farm group on merci ^^.
Spectra should have a huge hp boost so you can keep them longer. I like how they are, but they die too fast. And is hard to keep them alive unless i get a good minion healing flask :(
Can we please fix the derpy AI? Summoner is getting quite annoying to play because the AI is just stupid.

In MANY occasions, I summon skeletons right in front of a monster's face, and they will literally just walk away slowly in the opposite direction of the monster, and make no attempt to kill it. No, they're not walking to another mob; there are no other mobs around. The majority of the time they just don't do anything, even IF they walk toward the mob. In many situations they WILL work toward the mob, but then they stand there and stare at it, doing nothing.

I don't know if this is supposed to be some sort of anti-afk/bot measure, but it's a problem when it's negatively affecting the gameplay of actual players. Zombies have the exact same issue, too. It's becoming a chore just to try to get them to kill anything because even though there are monsters nearby, they just don't attack. Playing solo is a big waiting game hoping that your pets will attack the mobs. Yeah I can and should and do use other spells to attack too, but then what's the point of the pets? By the time the pet AI fixes itself and (a few) of the pets decide to attack a mob, I've already killed it or done a lot of damage to it. I'm aware of the functionality that seems to exist that attacking a mob with something causes your pets to attempt to focus it, but it just doesn't happen. I've blasted my wand at things and they just don't do anything. Sometimes it seems to work, but for some skills (firestorm?) it seems like they just don't care, ever.

There are some things I can live with. The fact that mob AoE sometimes decimates pets is fine, I can live with that (and perform countermeasures to fix it). The fact that the skeletons move slow can even be fixed with the (albeit, poor) minion speed gem. Plus, the fact that you can summon them on the monster is great, so they don't have to travel much. However, there is NOTHING I can do to even make them decide to attack the monster and fix their derpy AI. The pets hit fairly hard and have a pretty good amount of survivability so far, it's just too bad they're just so stupid.

If you don't want to change the AI, at least give us an "attack move" button so that we can tell the pets to move toward a specific location and attack everything along the way to that location. Something, anything, would be very helpful.
Does supporting a raise spectre gem with a lets say fork gem make the skills of the spectre fork? Or will it be useless?
"
ouchmynose wrote:
Does supporting a raise spectre gem with a lets say fork gem make the skills of the spectre fork? Or will it be useless?
if, big if, the monster uses projectiles, it/they will benefit from fork.
I would like to see ability to re summon spectre that has died. Perhaps a passive skill that makes their "spirit" linger around for a minute or two.

I really like using Raise Spectre and I think it's really awesome skill that adds depth to pure summoner gameplay.
Last edited by Carniv on Feb 10, 2013, 12:11:41 PM
Yes, agreement to Carniv. Their stats aren't the primary problem. Its the core-mechanic itself. Thats why I posted my suggestion to fix that problem one page earlier.
Mark talked a lot in other skill threads but sadly no reaction here. :(
And yes spectres right now are the only fact that makes a summoner interesting.
Last edited by Seelenernter on Feb 10, 2013, 1:01:07 PM
persistence would be nice idea, but hard for a player to do so in a mess of corpse on the ground. it'll be fair due to keeping old monster's level and there is already limited number of spectre.
I noticed that spectre you already have wont register gem changes, from that it should be possible to get your spectre gem 6 linked summon it and then in town change the 6l for some other spell
IGN Dulacfarmer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info