Lightning Warp

"
fsk1989 wrote:
Also why is it affected by movement speed when leap slam or whirling blades arent? The 3 share the same role, warp being the awkward one.
Because they very intentionally do not share the same role.
Hm i dont get it then. Maybe because im not very familiar with leap slam and whirling blades, but

What warp does that a leap slam attack cant do? Them both are there to move your char from point A to point B, no?

Whirling blades is different as in you cant set a arrival point, just a general direction, but its also essencialy the same (?): On second thought whirling blades is more akin to shield charge, so scrap blades.. :)

Well anyways if i were to group skills in roles, leap slam and lightning warp would be in the same group because,
1) they move you from point A to point B, and you get to choose B; and
2) Both deal damage in arrival, lightning warp also hiting on departure.

I guess my main gripe with warp is that you cant use it as a way to move as fast as leap can without having movement speed bonuses.
They are different in several ways:

Leap Slam:
- Uses your atack speed to calculate the movespeed (good for physical builds);
- Takes the same time to a small distance that it takes to a bigger one (good for fast travel);
- Demands an especific type of weapon (axe, mace, sword or staff);
- You can be attacked in the middle of the motion (more risky);
- Does damage based on your weapon, affected by accuracy, only on the end point.

Lightning warp:
- Uses movement speed to calculate the movespeed (good for non-physical builds);
- Takes more time for longer travels (not so good for fast travel);
- Does not demand a type of weapon;
- You are teleported, so you wont be attacked half-way, and you can continue to attack while you are being warped (more DPS);
-Does Lightning damage in both ends.

The only similarity is:
- They move you.
In Game: ElaineBelloc
Last edited by samirmok on Jul 12, 2013, 12:26:51 AM
I was so happy when I saw the patch notes and figured I could finally play my lightning warp build to it's full potential. But instead, you killed it.
The "short" delay after each teleport is way too long for it to be of any use as a dps skill anymore. Before, when I succesfully timed my clicks instead, I probably waited 1/3 of the time of this new delay before I activated the skill again.
Did you test different amounts of delay or just put a random one? Cuz it could probably be half the duration it is now and still work.

Well, at least I'm over lvl60(as my onslaught witch) so I guess I don't have to play it anymore. A shame though, since it was really fun.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
The delay is one-tenth of a second (source). It's completely unnoticable on my Witch, and because it doesn't bug out literally every second cast I actually deal damage now.
If lightning warp is on a totem, does the movement penalty for armor affect the warp speed of the totem?
"
skypaladin05 wrote:
If lightning warp is on a totem, does the movement penalty for armor affect the warp speed of the totem?

Yes. Similarly, a Quicksilver Flask makes them faster; they use your stats when activating Skills.
Hey guys my lightning warp still fail to cast and sometimes send me to a differtent place than i wanted to go.

I think i figured out why:

You see all the times it failed or sent me to another place, there was either a pillar close by, or a doorway between me and my destination, small rocks and such, and i was teleporting with a mob as a target.

Its a desync issue. Warp tries to teleport to a monsters feet; for the client the monster is in a possible teleport path, but for the server monsters a bit more to the left, thus making warp impossible. But the client wont wait for the server to tell its impossible to land there, and starts drawing warps animation sequence. So when the information arrives that there was no warp, the warp animation ends with no teleport.
i have reached a point where i could cast two lightning warps in a row.
however, players cannot cast a second while the first is still "running", which makes me sad that i can't dps with it. i assume a hard coded protection is in place to prevent crashes of mislocated pointers. there are two options using queues but only one seems less broken.
the "broken" trick is to let cast still take place but in FIFI order, as in the first to cast fires off as normal but the second and so on casts happen in order of execution on thier normal timers. this can be reversed and casts "stored" in order to be less broken, but still has dramatic issues due to recursion (also will the player ever end?).
the other is similar to the first, however makes the game treat the "next in line" as a complete fresh cast (minus cost that was already made? optional i guess). each cast only remembers the point clicked, then executes normal "can i do it" when the first finishes.
Yo Mark, some feedback for ya about LW.

So i have been making a dual lightning warp totem (massive fun compared to sporker tbh xD, lightshow etc keeps me entertained)
But i stil see some issue's with this skill.

1. the ai of the totem is poor.
When a totem gets stuck between a wall and a mob, then it is not smart enuf to teleport away to a random location, in order to attack the mob again. Therefore it wil get stuck in A LOT of maps, since u enjoy placing random object's inside area's that block its "physical route".

2. The "directional axis" (i dont know what else to call it, but it is a widescreen Arrow above my totem, that twist's in order to locate a target) of lightning warp when put on a totem wil appear in certain maps with a lot of shadow( read : 80% of your game), this does not happen allways, but i have seen it numerous times now and i feel this isent intentional :p. (i believe it is related to the shadows, ive seen some bugs ocure with it)

I enjoy my dual LW totem dude a lot, but considering it cost's me 214 mana (with a reduced mana gem) to cast a totem, it is sort of anoying to cast a totem, and see it doesnt even move, but just idle's because it's AI cant figure out a route to deal damage.

Is it posible for that AI program to have an option A and B, A = like it is now, and B = for when it is unable to attack a mob in 1 move?

An easyer solution for this problem, would be to decrease the range it HAS to be cast on.
Because of the limit on that range, your totem wil sometimes face a mob, and idle because its lowest range value isent met.

Spoiler
hope this helped u out mark, You rock.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 9, 2013, 10:10:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info