Lightning Warp

Well it means that you can just have the build focus on damage, cast speed, and area of effect, right? What is the base radius of lightning warp anyway?
IGN: Iolar
seems to be 18 (edit, it is 16) but i'm likely was wrong
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Oct 30, 2013, 11:31:23 PM
Yeah I don't see why people are saying 'reduced duration was nerfed'. You couldn't lower it below 0%. Right now you can get it down to 8% duration with a level 20 lightning warp and 20/20 reduced duration gem. And then sure, its 'limited by your cast time', but you've basically got diablo 2 teleport.

So I'm really curious, why aren't people jumping all over lightning warp + reduced duration as the new big mobility skill? Why are people still charging around with whirling blades? I've only got my duration down to 22% (78% reduction) and I completely outstrip people when moving around a map

Right now quest reward cast on damage taken gems are worth more than reduced duration gems, and nobody even seems to be aware of this combo. Wasn't this one of those things people thought would break the game if it existed?
I love this with reduced duration now, Teleport is one of the things I missed sorely from D2. :)
IGN : Jovial
Having played all the way through to 72 with my warp totem build, heres a few things I notice about lightning warp that could be improved:

*Casting lightning warp is ornery. It has to have a valid location over your cursor, or the skill will fail to do anything and your character will just stand there. Given how easily disrupted this is, you have to swing your cursor around like a mad man or take very conservative hops if you want to warp multiple times in a row. This should be improved- make lightning warp take the closest valid location to where its aimed, not the exact coordinate only if its valid. Ie you try to warp past a wall, it warps you to the edge of hte wall. The minimum range already does this, so why not the collision too?

*Casting lightning warp at long range often fails. The warp animation plays and you see it and hear it, but even without your character being interrupted mid cast, it will just not work. No damage, no movement.

*Totems using lightning warp often get hung up. They can be right next to a monster and not warping at all. Sometimes this is because the monsters are too close to a wall, and its location isn't valid for a warp, so it fails, as per the first problem. So they just sit there and take damage without casting. A real nuisance in close quarters. But sometimes, they totems will sit there and do nothing when there are perfectly valid targets, monsters out in the open. From what I can tell, the totem repeatedly attempts to cast on the invalid location of one monster it has chosen, fails, and tries again. If one monster is on a wall and 20 are in the open, 3 totems can just sit there doing nothing.
With +1 to skill level item, Empower (level 3) and 20/20 Reduced Duration you can get 104% reduced duration Lightning Warp. What happens then?
The delay becomes zero. You still have to cast Warp, but you will be transported instantly (as opposed to having to wait for 50 milliseconds at 95% reduced duration).
Isn't there still a casttime even if the resolve is instant?

Edit: Else the only limitation to your dps is how fast you can click.
Last edited by ShinoRagnar on Nov 11, 2013, 8:15:01 AM
Yes, that is exactly what I said. "You still have to cast Warp".
"
dspair wrote:
With +1 to skill level item, Empower (level 3) and 20/20 Reduced Duration you can get 104% reduced duration Lightning Warp. What happens then?

I am 99.0698573% positive that you will travel backwards through time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info