Lightning Warp

It is the delay time of the teleport. As gem level goes up, the delay goes down. I leveled mine to lvl 12 with 17% quality, it is alright.

Alright as in usable, but the delay is still significant enough that I wouldn't use this over quicksilver, or just plain running.

The damage is alright also, but the problem is you can't really dps with it because of the delay. So in the end one of those you use it for the sake of using it rather than using it because it is useful. Its better now so using the skill doesn't hurt you, but it doesn't really help you either.

Only way I can see it actually useful is IF you have a lvl 20 lightning warp on top of 30% movement speed from passive/item/aura and a good cast speed from passive plus faster cast gem linked with the warp. In this case you can probably replace the quicksilver with warp and free yourself a flask slot at the expanse of 2 linked slots. Though the question remain if getting 30% base movement speed on a caster (since int requirement is very high for 20 warp) is worth it.

Again I feel like I'm using the skill for the sake of using it, rather than using it because it is useful.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
Last edited by thinkingofaname on May 10, 2013, 8:05:53 PM
"
tat0010 wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
tat0010 wrote:
So can I make my dual totem light warp build yet?
what was stopping you?

Well when I tried it it would crash the game.

That was fixed with the Open Beta release :/
Enjoying the new LW. Much more useful in combat now rather than just something for hopping over rivers. Having a blast LWing into rooms and Freezing Pulsing everything into submission from point blank range.
This is a idea from Diablo 2, a boost for summoners which makes it more fun and easyer to move around with your army of undead.

Back in diablo 2 many Necromancers ran around with the chest armour Enigma, why? It gave you the option to teleport. Now how was it so usefull other than moving around?

It gave you the possibilites to transport you and your army to where you wanted, and where ever you teleported you where safe as your minions was protecting you at the point of your teleport.

If lighting Warp have this kinda ability it will make mobility and everything much more viable as a Summoner :) As of now Warping over a gap makes you defenceless.

I don't see how this can be anything else than Unbalanced.

-Sapler
- Sapler - www.Sapler.no - youtube.com/sapler - twitch.tv/Sapler -
Oh wow LW doesn't tele your minions? That should definitely get fixed.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Enjoying the new LW. Much more useful in combat now rather than just something for hopping over rivers. Having a blast LWing into rooms and Freezing Pulsing everything into submission from point blank range.
Did you not run a LW build in closed beta and make a thread about it?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
What is the radius on this skill?
IGN: Iolar
Meh, not mentioned in the 10.8b patch notes so it's intended that the Totem (linked with LW of course) duration is reduced by the "reduced Duration" of the LW skill? This is inconsistent behaviour as something on the skill gem influences a stat of the support gem. That's the wrong way around, isn't it? Currently my LW totem lives for 16.8s (tooltip and I measured about 17 seconds) instead of 24 since I have 30% reduced Duration. :/
Other than that I love the new totem zipping around like crazy with my Shavronne's Pace boots (35% move speed on full life) and a heap of faster casting. Even got an unleveled 13% LW lying in my stash if I want to remake this build more seriously at some point.
Still not convinced how this will play out with Dual Totem though. It's some nice added Damage but I still mostly kill with Arc, a skill not known for it's amazing DPS. I'll see how it works out with Trapped Cold Snaps and Remote Mine Zombies, Arcs and Totems, or an Arc Totem plus a LW Totem but then I might as well just continue to spam Arc myself.
... is not a troll
"
Xapti wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Did you not run a LW build in closed beta and make a thread about it?

You're probably thinking of that guy (whose name is on the tip of my tongue) who made a ton of weird builds. God this name is so close but eluding me.
"
trollkind wrote:
Meh, not mentioned in the 10.8b patch notes so it's intended that the Totem (linked with LW of course) duration is reduced by the "reduced Duration" of the LW skill? This is inconsistent behaviour as something on the skill gem influences a stat of the support gem.

Damage Effectiveness, Less Projectile Damage on Lightning Strike, Increased AoE on IB (Qual bonus)...

Support Gems are not separate from the Skill; they add their stats to the linked Skill. Link Elemental Proliferation to Infernal Blow, and IB now Proliferates. Jack up the Quality, and the Proliferate radius increases.

Not sure if this is intentional, but I find it quite interesting. Not desirable, but interesting nontheless :P

Also, this would mean an Increased Duration support makes Warp slower. Now that's... Interesting.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 16, 2013, 9:42:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info