Lightning Warp

I recently started playing a lightning warp build.

I seem to have issues with it refusing to teleport at time, even out of combat.

Also, recently people have complained to me in groups that the sound of the constant lightning warp is rather obnoxious, going as far as to kick me or as me to leave the group.

I guess I sort of have to agree with them. Would be nice if the noise from the ability was toned down just a bit.
-

For 1.0.0 i dont think the "reduce duration" gem is needed, the main problem for a full lightning warp build are the high mana costs .. try 4L it :( 150 mana if you wanna do some dmg and with cast speed you burn mana so fast ( and i have ALOT of mana reg)
Last edited by Myuri on Oct 10, 2013, 3:15:36 AM
What is supposed to determine the targetting of LW when used on a trap or mine? LW totems target fine, but traps and mines will target seemingly at random and no where near enemies. The minimum range of warps with remote skills also seems to be way, way higher than what players can do, though it might just be a targetting issue. This is a real waste of a good lighting AOE skill for trap/mine users, cause shock nova is really bad with traps :(

Also, is the movement speed portion of the warps duration calculation based off of your own for traps and mines?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Is LW affected by increased duration, from the passive tree, for example?

If so, I think it shouldn't be the case. It makes using Spark and Lightning Warp kind of counter-productive.
Last edited by zaktansAquarium on Nov 3, 2013, 3:39:44 AM
"
Wooser69 wrote:
What is supposed to determine the targetting of LW when used on a trap or mine? LW totems target fine, but traps and mines will target seemingly at random and no where near enemies.

For abilities like lightning warp, or fireball, or Ethereal knives--bascally anything that needs a direction to deal damage--mines have a maximum radius under which the mine will "see" an enemy. If there is an enemy within that range, then the mine will try to direct the ability of the detonated mine at that enemy. This range is independent of the ability in the mine. If multiple enemies are in range the mine will pick the closest one.

That said, if no enemies are in this radius, then the mine will shoot the spell off in a random direction. Unfortunately this radius is not that huge, so you really need to play with mines for awhile until you can get a good feeling for what that maximum range is. What's further annoying is that this detonation radius cannot be increased by AoE passives. There is one (and only one) passive on the tree which will increase this detonation radius by 10% though, so that's nice.

"
Wooser69 wrote:
Also, is the movement speed portion of the warps duration calculation based off of your own for traps and mines?

Things casting spells for you (mines, traps, totems) will do so as if you cast it yourself. As such, the movement speed portion will calculate as though you were casting the spell. Otherwise the movement speed would be zero for a mine, so the warp would never finish!
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Oct 27, 2013, 10:17:03 PM
Does Lightning Warp help with Resync? If so, does it help with resync even when it fails to move you?
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
Can the reduced duration upgrade for lightning warp be unnerfed? For reference, in 1.0 the reduced duration per level up on the gem went down from 3% to 2%. I don't really see why this was the case. Reduced duration was added, but it doesn't break lightning warp at all because of how lightning warp acts.

I did some testing and to me it seems like two checks must be made before you teleport. The first is the cast time of lightning warp. Then the second is the time it would take you to run from your spot to where you want to warp. As such, even if you get to 100% reduced duration you're still bottlenecked by the cast speed of lightning warp.

Decreasing the reduced duration per level up seemed to serve no purpose in my opinion, except for making the spell worse. Considering that a (hidden) 0.1s delay was already added into the spell a few patches ago, it seems a little bit too much to me. The difference is a less noticeable the closer you teleport, but it'd be nice for people trying to get out of danger to be able to get out a little faster or for people trying to maximize cast speed on it to move around a bit faster. Perhaps reduced duration was forced into this role...
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Oct 29, 2013, 12:28:05 AM
I would like to know what happens if you have 2 x cast when damaged + lightning warp .
do you chain two warps and one happens after another ? or do you clone yourself ? or is it the same like dividing by zero or typing google into google?
So combined with reduced duration, doesnt this spell execute almost instantly?
IGN: Iolar
Yes, but you're still bottlenecked by cast speed so it's not a huge deal as you think to have almost 100% reduced duration.
@Moylin (Beyond)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info