Lightning Warp

"
AndCub wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It does the same terrain check that fireball does while moving.

does this mean increased projectile speed reduces the delay?

...No. That is entirely unrelated.
I really find this skill amusing and would like to use it more.

My only problem is that I would like to have more movement speed. As "lightning spec" I do not feel traveling to Celerity (8% movement speed) is worth it - in fact I doubt any lightning warpers is going that way.

I can't see any imbalance in adding an equal to Celerity in the witch's area?

I know about the few movement speed passives in the shadow area, but they only give 2-4% movement speed increase, which is rarely worth going for (and why have almost useless skills in the passive tree?).
Last edited by Sonnac on Apr 6, 2013, 8:44:31 AM
With 30% MS Boots and maybe even a Karui Ward, it becomes a lot more important to reduce the Cast Speed than to get more Movespeed, if you ask me :) Quicksilver flasks are also a blast.

Not opposed to more Movespeed passives though. :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
With 30% MS Boots and maybe even a Karui Ward, it becomes a lot more important to reduce the Cast Speed than to get more Movespeed, if you ask me :) Quicksilver flasks are also a blast.

Not opposed to more Movespeed passives though. :P

My point is that there are only a few proper ways to get movement speed (and almost none in the passive tree!), but I believe there are many ways to get cast speed. :)

If anything a Celerity equal in the witch's area would only balance the game more (since more would be able to get it then).

It would be really nice if the Skill would teleport the minions of a summoner too to the destination place..
This would provide a bit better controlling of the minions. Because every Summoner knows the problem with some areas where minions just dont follow up due some corners or whatever...
(Yes i know, they spawn next to you if you are far enough away from them... doesnt help if in the next room is a horde of monsters and my minions (especially spectres) are stuck in the room before but i´m still to close for them to spawn near me)
You could also position ur minions better before a major monster pack fight starts instead of waiting that all minions finally arrived at my destination
After 1 year and 1/2 from initial feedback on this thread, Lightning Warp remains the lamest teleport available, not only in this game, but in all games ever made. Walking is a better option then sitting waiting for the teleport to happen

And not being able to teleport over walls or even small rivers... no comment

This is an utility spell which delivers terribly.

A way to fix it - to avoid any abuse - is just have it instant teleport, but with a decent cooldown. Like for example cold snap.

If that fix is too hard to do, I have another suggestion: just remove this skill from game, and refund players that have the skill the
that pretty much represent its value in its current form.

Last edited by UchbenTaatich on Apr 11, 2013, 2:34:53 AM
"
UchbenTaatich wrote:
A way to fix it - to avoid any abuse - is just have it instant teleport, but with a decent cooldown. Like for example cold snap.

And instantly kill any offensive value Warp offers currently.
Yes. Exactly.

INT users dont lack offensive spells imo, however movement utility is as bad as it can get. Casting this spell for utility purposes in many situations does more harm then help

Example: under attack, waiting for the double delay associated with this spell to pass before actual teleport will happen means certain death -

I' have better survivability and utility from freezing pulse, cause FP can instantly freeze on crit and there are *many* FP casts that even with bad cast speed one can do in the time Warp takes to move you where you could have walked anyway.

And yes, I must agree that Spell Totem with Wrap is fun to watch. Jumping totem around is kind of unique in its own way, but that fun would stay even with 0 dmg Wrap. If one wants damage - there are really lots of cold and fire and lightning spells that do a much better job. No shortage of damage spells indeed.

Cheers!
Last edited by UchbenTaatich on Apr 13, 2013, 1:57:56 AM
"If one wants damage - there are really lots of cold and fire and lightning spells that do a much better job. No shortage of damage spells indeed."
The only comparable Lightning spell is Shock Nova, which does not bring mobility alongside AoE damage, which is exactly what I use Warp for. My Lightning Witch barely walks during combat because I jump around all the time, whilst spewing forth some Sparks to deal with tougher targets. There is no alternative Spell for that.
i've tested lighting warp on aoe
have 100+
gem + skill tree + uniq
The aoe remains the same
+ it has a lot of desync
it can't be used as main skill
IGN _morty_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info