Lightning Warp

I think the move speed limitation needs to be rethought.

I understand that D2 teleport being so much faster than normal run speed created problems with class efficiency, but other movement abilities like leap slam and whirling blades with high attack speed allow you to move significantly faster than your normal speed or lightning warp anyway.

Also, tying it to move speed means that if your character is snared like in a tar puddle, it takes forever to warp away
In order to make it useful when linked with trap the "second stage" of light warp should auto target some enemies, currently it seemingly teleports as close to the trap explosion as possible in a random direction, this is incredibly useless. It is not like this added benefit would make this skill combination all that good as it'd still be less damage than a shock nova if you add both more parts of light warp and of course incredibly paltry when compared to something link fire trap.

Not even too sure how much the devs read these anymore considering the low number of posts, but oh well.
Last edited by habbey on Apr 27, 2013, 10:06:12 PM
Probably make it so that minions teleport with you.
Would probably give the spell a right to exist :/
As many others have said: The movespeed limitation makes this skill practically useless. The damage is way too low to be used as an offensive skill, especially considering that you'd have to teleport right into the enemy. But obviously this shouldn't be the primary purpose of this skill. It's a teleport, it's meant to get you to places, fast.

Other classes have leap strike etc to move faster than their movement speed allows, so why would that be limited so hard here, especially on a TELEPORT skill?

I really like the skill overall, the effect is very nice - I almost want to have it in my build just because it looks so cool. It's really a shame it goes to waste like that. I say reduce the movespeed factor from 1.0 to 0.5, or better yet, make the movespeed factor reduced by level and quality, so it's like 1.0 for lvl 1 and 0.6 for lvl 20 and -0.01 per quality, resulting in a perfect gem with a factor of 0.4. That would make those high quality gems really valuable and sought for, and it couldn't result in *everyone* just using a lvl 1 skill to move faster.

Obviously, there would still need to be some balancing necessary, I could imagine for example that it would be smart to increase the mana cost of the skill drastically if the other changes were made, so that people can't keep jumping around constantly in a fight.
IGN Umpfdidumpf
If the movement is meant to stay in its intentionally throttled state, I'd like to see its offensive potential significantly increased. An innate chance to shock and desync on the skill addressed please?
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
So with the new changes to lightning warp, what dies Tue reduced duration do? Does it alter cast time? Such as, 50% reduced skill duration means you can use it twice as often?
So can I make my dual totem light warp build yet?
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
"
tat0010 wrote:
what was stopping you?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
tat0010 wrote:
what was stopping you?

Well when I tried it it would crash the game.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
"
HexenLord wrote:
So with the new changes to lightning warp, what dies Tue reduced duration do? Does it alter cast time? Such as, 50% reduced skill duration means you can use it twice as often?
I'm wondering the same thing.

I can only assume it means shorter teleport time, since what else could it be? (cast time?)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info