Lightning Warp

I'm fairly convinced that increased aoe doesn't change the graphic for LW (similar to Ice Nova).

If it wasn't already known, please put this into the pile of skills that need to display their aoe change.
Beside the obvious ring where lightning warp will teleport to, there is a second, shorter and less noticeable, effect that shows the radius of the blast if you pay attention. I agree though that the the ring that initially appears should change along with the radius as well.
Well I just found out the LW crash bug will crash both clients if you duo :)
At first, we thought it was a server problem, then I remembered that bug was related to the renderer. So I guess it makes sense it will crash all clients that try to display whatever annoys it...

Last edited by Skjuld on Sep 4, 2012, 5:52:54 PM
Would like to know if this change was intended.

let 0 be the teleport locations (start finish)
let x be an obstacle (a rock/tree/wall)
NOW
0--------------0 will successfully cast
0----------x---0 won't cast

BEFORE
0--------------0 will successfully cast
0----------x---0 will successfully cast
resulting in
0---------0x
This skill is occasionally causing my game to crash, even if I'm not spamming it and just using it in engage a pack there are a few times where the animation of the teleport goes off but I won't move from my starting location and my client will crash on me.
IGN~~VellyBelly
Yep. Known issue; if an arrow is lodged into your body during the animation, the client crashes. It's a tough one that they've been trying to fix for a good while now :(
Does it also crash when used on totems or when I block arrows?
I'd really like to try this skill but I'm a bit reluctant to create a character that essentially crashes the moment he tries to fight.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Totems also crash. Don't know about Block, but there'll be too many hits coming through regardless unless you sacrifice too much damage to get all that Block Chance...

Basically, as a main skill, it's just not functional due to the crash bug. As a support skill, well, just be careful around enemies with arrows.
Darn.
Here's hoping they'll be fixing that soon.
Oh well, gotta put that idea to sleep for now.

Edit: Can't they just prevent arrows from sticking during the cast?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Oct 15, 2012, 12:32:22 PM
Hey guys - im trying to play a little with LW , playing shadow with some move speed passives and some lightning dmg etc. i was wondering what supports would you recommend for LW.
I use 2 x LW , one with totem and other one for me.

so i was thinking LW+totem+increased AOE+increased Crit Chance
and LW+ Aoe+inc.crit chance+inc.crit dmg + something when i get 5L chest later on

any ideas ? what supports have you been using ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info