Lightning Warp

Lighting Warp seems difficult to build for. It doesn't have much utility as it only moves as fast as you do. Here are some suggestions:

+A small passive cluster near the witch and shadow:
[]+4% lightning damage, +2% movement speed
[]Gain 2% bonus movement, attack and cast speed for every enemy you shock for 5 seconds

+A unique that adds lightning damage, cast speed and movement speed

+Allow players to "queue" lightning multiple warps?
+Allow players to consume power charges to move faster with lightning warp?
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
A possibly unintended thing I found out about this skill: you can use it to bypass the Ancient Seal in Vaal ruins, thus not triggering the "darkness event".
So it seems like a totem casting Lightning Warp will use the player's movement speed to determine travel time? That seems to be the result I am getting anyway.

I'm fairly confident that it's using they player's cast time correctly as it should, but using the player's movement speed surprises me a bit.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
So it seems like a totem casting Lightning Warp will use the player's movement speed to determine travel time? That seems to be the result I am getting anyway.

I'm fairly confident that it's using they player's cast time correctly as it should, but using the player's movement speed surprises me a bit.
they do use our extra stats do use skills. but yeah that is surprising.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
If it used it's own movement speed it would never, ever go anywhere. Using the player's was consistent with how totems worked and seemed the obvious solution.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
If it used it's own movement speed it would never, ever go anywhere. Using the player's was consistent with how totems worked and seemed the obvious solution.

I didn't say it was a bad surprise. :)

I guess I never really though about it since I don't consider movement speed either a defensive OR offensive stat, and that seems to be the line that separates whether a totem uses its own stats or yours. I know it's not as simple as that, but that seems to be what it gets boiled down to more often than not.

That said, it sounds like a great idea to me. I'd be off trying to make a Lightning Warp totem character if I could find a build I was mostly satisfied with...
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I didn't say it was a bad surprise. :)

I guess I never really though about it since I don't consider movement speed either a defensive OR offensive stat, and that seems to be the line that separates whether a totem uses its own stats or yours. I know it's not as simple as that, but that seems to be what it gets boiled down to more often than not.

That said, it sounds like a great idea to me. I'd be off trying to make a Lightning Warp totem character if I could find a build I was mostly satisfied with...
Technically movement speed isn't a stat (although it's affected by stats), so this didn't work at first, an exception had to be made. Otherwise they caset the spell and it never moves them, and the the blue effects at the start and end points are there forever.

offensive/defensive has nothing to do with a totem "using your stats", its' much simpler than that, not more complicated. A totem uses it's own stats, but uses your skills. A skill used by your totem is your skill, not the totem's so any stat queried by the skill will receive your stat value.
When something hits a totem, they're hitting the totem, and are checking against it's stats to hit/damage it.
When something is hit by a fireball from a totem, that's your fireball skill, so it's checking against your stats to see damage, etc.

Anything relating to the totem as an object, it has it's own stats in that object.
Anything relating to a skill used by the totem, that's your skill and is using the stats of your skill, which are your stats (plus modifiers from supports, etc)
The arrow-warp crash that was introduced in 0.9.6 has made using this skill extremely hard to use.

I've put some effort into a lightning warp totemancer that can only play in areas without any archers.

Any ETA on this 5+ month old bug? Might the enemy projectile change possibly fix this as a side effect?
"
pneuma wrote:
Any ETA on this 5+ month old bug? Might the enemy projectile change possibly fix this as a side effect?
Highly unlikely to have changed, given arrows still stick into things. We can't give an ETA because we still don't know what causes that. That crash is in a deep and complicated low-level part of the renderer to do with objects determining what lights affect them. The only person who really stands a change of working it out is Jonathan, and he's consistently busy with hundreds of other things as well. I'ts on the list, but it's not as high-priority as a lot of the other stuff which needs to be done.
In particular, that crash is highly unlikely to require a wipe to fix, so is by default lower priority until open beta than all the hundreds of things that have to happen before the final wipe.
I dusted off my shelved LW gem to go have a spin with it but found that I could no longer cast it should there be any obstacle in between me and where I want to go.

Previously, if there where an obstacle, LW would just automatically set the warp point to just before the obstacle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info