Lightning Warp

Another thing is I'm getting crashes shortly after LWing and firing Sparks. Don't know if it is really related to LW, but it's getting quite frequent now.

Edit :
Ok, I found the feedback stating that it bugs when facing ranged NPCs... That's rather problematic, since it's what the spell is most useful for.

That bug is really awful for act 2. There are tons of archers around on some maps, like the Chamber of Sins. Couldn't go further than 50% of the first floor of that (roughly) before crashing the client.

It's a bit of a showstopper in terms of trying this spell out. I don't know why it didn't affect me in Act 1, maybe because there are less archers around...
Last edited by Skjuld on Jul 20, 2012, 6:52:16 AM
Have you considered removing the cast time from this skill? I've tried using it in order to kite enemies by using it, using my main attack, and waiting for it to take me away from the enemies, but I found the time it took to cast it prevented me from using my primary damage abilities too much for it to be useful. I was able to kill enemies faster and more safely by just using my main attack, and dashing away with Whirling Blades if I got into trouble.

I wonder if the cast time was removed, or significantly reduced, it might become more useful.
Last edited by Strill on Jul 20, 2012, 2:53:01 AM
Do you have any idea of when that bug will be addressed ? I'd like to test LW a bit further, but the crashes are too frequent for that.
Last edited by Skjuld on Jul 23, 2012, 1:37:02 PM
How is damage calculated warp instance? Separately or just 1 for both?
I know that the delay in the teleport is based on your CURRENT run speed but I have a question. Was it your intent that the Tar Zombies would make this spell take for ever if cast under their slowing affect?
I finally get how to double the damage O_o
"
Ciotog wrote:
I know that the delay in the teleport is based on your CURRENT run speed but I have a question. Was it your intent that the Tar Zombies would make this spell take for ever if cast under their slowing affect?

It slows your movement speed, and the time between teleports is based on your movement speed. Makes perfect sense to me?

On the other end of the stick; cast a max-range Lightning Warp, then cast Phase Run. It makes for a rather quick teleport, and you still have Phase Run when you teleport, because you cast Lightning Warp first (doesn't work the other way around).
removed

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Aug 6, 2012, 11:34:53 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Ciotog wrote:

It slows your movement speed, and the time between teleports is based on your movement speed. Makes perfect sense to me?

On the other end of the stick; cast a max-range Lightning Warp, then cast Phase Run. It makes for a rather quick teleport, and you still have Phase Run when you teleport, because you cast Lightning Warp first (doesn't work the other way around).

I have to try this. It just happens I got a character that got both these skills connected to faster cast rate support :D

"
Vipermagi wrote:

Actually, I don't think this works because it figures the delay at cast time, and activating Lightning Warp will automatically deactivate Phase Run. As I recall, Mark commented on this combo in the past.

As far as I know, movement speed flasks work on it though. I don't think that mod can come on mana flasks, however, which is a shame.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info