Lightning Warp

Well, I was thinking on trying quite the oppposite, IE something defence and melee-oriented. Maybe use lightning strike and mostly use LW to teleport-strike. If it doesn't move fast, too bad.

I find high-movement speed shadows a bit too squishy to simply jump in the thick of things.

Interesting idea about the totems, though. In the end, are you really using LW directly much, or is it mostly the totems that jump around ?
Last edited by Skjuld on Nov 23, 2012, 2:59:20 PM
The build started out not using totems, and I was doing just fine. In fairly open areas, the totems can be left to handle most mobs quite fine, but as the pathways narrow, personal involvement becomes more important :P Once the totems have a target, they'll Warp at it over and over as per usual... But they occasionally have issues finding anything, and recasting is rather expensive.

So, it's part preference part area-bound whether Warping around yourself occurs often.
not more cooldowns! since when does this require line of sight? it shouldnt and would make it more usable.
I recently started playing around with this spell on a lighting witch, and i noticed a few things.

-it was really hard to aim accurately
-it you cast it you cannot re-cast it to change your destination
-you can't warp out of your line of sight, so in enclosed areas it's even harder to target a location you can warp too

Other then those few points, I think this is a really good spell. It even does a decent amount of damage in combat.

EDIT:

recently casting this spell has started to make my game crash and I'm not sure why. It doesn't happen every time, but eventually it makes my game crash for some reason.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Dec 11, 2012, 6:27:46 PM
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
recently casting this spell has started to make my game crash and I'm not sure why. It doesn't happen every time, but eventually it makes my game crash for some reason.

You recently entered Act 2, didn't you? :P

As is mentioned a whole lot in this thread, Lightning Warp (still) occasionally crashes when you are shot with an arrow during its animation. A2 is loaded with Archers, making many places crash-tastic. It completely destroys Lightning Warp as a main skill, but it's a bug they have yet to figure out properly. :( Still waiting for that fix.
Still waiting for them to simply prevent arrows from sticking during the animation and call it a day.
:P
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
They already did that a long while ago.
wait what? you just contradicted yourself. i'm so confused XD, did they fix the arrow stuck crash or not? or did you mean they fixed the arrow suck part but not the crash?
Yeah, it's a little confusing :P To some extent my intention I suppose.
GGG deployed a patch where arrows should not be able to stick in your body during LW's animation. However, it didn't fix the crash, despite it appearing to be the cause of the crashes. I believe that's why they're not sure how to even fix it.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 12, 2012, 4:03:11 PM
I wasn't sure whether to post these in this thread or as a bug report, since some of it seems at least somewhat intentional.

I've been playing around with this skill for some time, and here's a few issues I've had with it so far:
1) It's based on current movement speed when deciding the delay. For example, if you try to cast Lightning Warp while on some of that slowing tar, it'll take like 5 seconds for it to activate at max range.

2) It can be interrupted with other spell casts. I'm not sure exactly how, but I was able to interrupt Lightning Warp's teleport portion by casting Spark right before my character actually ported. This was challenging to replicate, but I managed to do it twice.

3) When moving while the teleport is visually going off, it's possible to move outside its radius, making the camera track an invisible character model. Auras are still there, but the character itself is not.

Those are the big ones for me. Next up is the actual value of the skill. It's fairly worthless, between the high mana cost, not actually travelling faster between two points, and low radius of effect. It can't be spammed and it offers very little in the survivability or damage sections, and that's all it can do.

The only time I've found it useful is abusing ledges against melee opponents, and even then the AI makes it immediately find the correct path or run out of range of the character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info