Leap Slam

"
Ceri wrote:
Yeah, we need 2 things:

1) undo the range nerf on Leap Slam. This has messed up my playstyle so much it's not even funny.

2) make it work Unarmed. I have a very fun Facebreaker build that I just can't find myself playing because I've got no Leap. This should be a no-brainer!

bump.

also, for point number 2, have we ever had a GGG response? would be nice to at least have an answer.
Prior to 2.0 it was possible to leap further than 70 units while holding shift. now maximum leap radius is always 60, its a half of the 16:9 screen, 40% movespeed character can cross that distance faster than one with brightbeak leap slam.

Skill is unplayable, worst nerf since viperstrike 'rework'.

Hi

1: I noticed my character would sometimes "warp" in Lockstep mode. That means when I try to jump for instance in narrow areas with monsters: first off I don't jump and I keep fighting a second, the next second I am at the previously targeted position.
This happens regularly but relatively rarely.
"ping" : ~33 ms

2: Here is quote from my feedback thread about Leap Slam sometimes not jumping in Act4 areas; everything below:

I know that jumps and similiar stuff won't work when there is an obstacle between you and the destination. And I accepted that long time ago (although that could be improved aswell). However in Act4 I discovered a more annoying thing, that Leapslam (and probably anything else) will also not jump when there is a free way. To my understanding it is when I press to close too a wall which is the case in almost ANY bossfight, it won't jump sometimes; it is extremly annoying since as a melee you need somekind of movement to get out of big hits or aoe reliably - and when it often works but sometimes not, that is bad.

Some details: My attackspeed is decent, so that shouldn't be a problem. In those occasions I was not stunned**, there was no obstacle inbetween. This happens regularly in act4 bossfights especially the narrow areas of the organ bosses. Some improvements like jumping towards the direction incase you happen to click on the invisible* wall would be appreciated.

*invisible wall Meaining: you can't go to that area but it looks like you could: Slight ramps in that hell-like stomach for instance.

** For some time I also tried holding down the button, in order to spam the command.

p.s. The workaround is holding the leap slam button down, and then pull the mouse cursor to yourself so eventually it will find a position to jump to (the problem with this however is that you must move the cursor relatively slowly - unlike the movekey, So this could be place for a very EASY fix (make it register your clicks for leapslam as you di it for the movekey when holding down the hotkey as fluently ).

Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jul 21, 2015, 6:35:36 AM
"
EFBBBF wrote:
Prior to 2.0 it was possible to leap further than 70 units while holding shift.
That's not the case. Shift-attack still obeyed (and obeys) the range limit, it just meant you jumped up to the max range from where you were, rather than moving into range where you could jump to the targeted location.
The nerf in LS range was necessary? Putting it at 60 than 70, there is a big difference felt.

Like others have said, un-nerf LS range please.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Why can't Leapslam be used without a weapon? For builds like Facebreakers?
So why exactly did you destroy this skill?

It's completely useless now, even dangerous to use, as you can't use it as an escape tool reliably. It is the only skill I've seen in PoE that will not activate every time I press the hotkey. It feels so bad to play with it.

Also the range is so slow that it's faster just to walk the way.

Did you also destroy other movement skills (Light warp, whirling blades..) or did just the STR builds got the shaft?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Having played 62h now in a new league, using Leap slam as my movement and escape skill, I have to say this skill is unusable right now. But really, unusable.

Sometimes you click and nothing happens. Then you click again and nothing happens. Then you move the mouse cursor for 1mm, click and you actually jump. Sometimes you can chain jumps, sometimes you might make one, then click 4 times with nothing happening, then you click it again and make the jump.

It's unreliable as an escape skill. It's too slow as a movement skill.

It serves no purpose and is an unusable skill.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
It's an Attack and it functions quite well as an Attack. There's that.
the range and the speed of the animation feels really horrible since the changes
Last edited by Giniyo on Jan 16, 2016, 6:02:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info