Leap Slam

For the love of Izaro: PLEASE remove namelocking from movement skills such as Leap Slam!!!! This is most infuriating thing in the game right now.

Ending up somewhere entirely different on the screen from where you actually clicked has caused me so many deaths out of my control. This is so not cool. At least give us the option to remove namelocking, even if only for movement skills.

Please? Pretty PLEASE?!

Can we get a fix for this bs? at least someday.

Spoiler

Character doesn't leaps in place when cursor is too far away
It leaps only if cursor at pre-nerf range.
When you gimped leap range you did it wrong.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Apr 5, 2016, 4:45:38 AM
My feedback:

I would like to target any place on the screen, and Leap Slam should be performed in that general direction.

Instead, I find that I must target a place on the screen that is in the range of Leap Slam. Due to the video perspective, this range varies depending on whether I use the ability on the left part of the screen, the right, the top or the bottom. E.g. using Leap Slam on the top right corner of the screen will visually cover large amounts of ground, whereas using it on the bottom left of the screen will cover only small amounts.

I.e. it's difficult to use the ability to e.g. traverse large areas by simply locking the hotkey and pointing in a specific direction. It's also difficult to escape some combat situations, in which dying is a matter of a second and targeting a proper place on the screen (instead of a general direction) takes too long.

Is there some way to enable this? If not, what is the reason behind the decision? If I e.g. cyclone in a general direction, my character will perform it regardless if in range or not. I believe the same applies for Lightning Wrap?
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
If the reason for the range nerf is due to racing. Then how about nerfing it on low level? Gradually getting it up to the pre-nerf range at start of merc.

I've played a dual dreamfeather qotf cleave build and it was fun using Leap slam; and now I can imagine it's not anymore.

---

At the very least, please give us the exact reason why the nerf in Maximum range (reduced from 70 to 60). So we can suggest something else, maybe a skill called Leap.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Since 2.3 patch the skill sound effect is 'weird'. Its like "character jumps on a big empty barrel with a bunch of coins on his pockets". seems like the effect missed midrange frequency.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Fix, wtf?
The quality bonus on Leap Slam should be changed to increased attack speed. Most movement skills (Whirling Blades, Lightning Warp, Flame Dash) have a quality bonus that increases their activation speed. It makes little sense that Leap Slam would get left out.
leap slam seems to be having a weird interaction with increases to aoe and just feels very small compared to what is put in with increased attack range and all, like it isn't being affected by the weapons base range.
It's not affected by Weapon Range, no, you're correct...
Leap slams QOL could be improved a ton by doing something simple:

Rather than having the character walk towards the nearest point from which he can leap slam to the player's cursor, have leap slam cast at it's max range in the direction of the cursor, if that cursor happens to be outside of the leap range.

For instance:

Pretend this is a view from the side, and the curved line represents the height and trajectory of the leap

I should be able to cast leap slam or any movement skill (Flame Dash, lightning warp) at the very edge of my screen and still have it cast immediately even though my cursor is out of it's range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info