Leap Slam

Leap Slam has some issues when I go to use it. If for example on full mana I hold shift and left click or right click some times the character will complete a regular attack instead of it's normal leap slam attack. This isn't a range issue as i'll attack monsters up close and near by and the character randomly does this from time to time. Hope this gets fixed thanks.
"
psythos wrote:
Leap Slam has some issues when I go to use it. If for example on full mana I hold shift and left click or right click some times the character will complete a regular attack instead of it's normal leap slam attack. This isn't a range issue as i'll attack monsters up close and near by and the character randomly does this from time to time. Hope this gets fixed thanks.

This also happened with me using whirling blades. Very annoying when i want to escape, and my char starts swinging his sword like an idiot.

The reason i'm writing:
If you click too far you should leap immediately to the skill's maximum distance instead of walking to the point between you've clicked and the skills maximum distance. This change would make the skill easier to use in at last 2 situations:

1., You could escape from hordes by clicking in the edge of the screen, now you must measure distances before clicking or you just start walking (die)
2. Makes it easier to use this skill to travel.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
As I said on the previous page:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It is important in some cases to land a specific point. Targeting an action at a location should perform it at that location if at all possible, including moving into range first if necessary. This is intuitive and consistent with how all actions in the game work.
If you specifically want to avoid walking to get into range, and perform the action as best you can from your current location, you can hold shift (or your preferred keybind) which does exactly that for any action.
Ok, so I am already annoyed enough to write a post here.

In my last few builds, I am using Leap Slam instead of Ground Slam, because everyone knows that GS Marauder is just stupid easy and you can see that in races. I believe GS will get nerfed somehow (or other skills buffed) - it has to be.

The issue with LS was already mentioned.. it's behavior is really clunky and makes you go crazy sometimes. My current build uses it to move... I do have -14% movespeed and no ms boots, but I have high attack speed so I just LS instead of walking. The most annoying part is, that I can't simply click and hold mouse button and move over screen to jump there (as it worked in D2 with teleport). Sometimes I do two jumps and then start 'running' instead... sometimes I jump once and then start running. In cool cases, I am able to do several short jumps before I stop.

I really want to use different skill than 75% of melee players, but you aren't making it 'user-friendly' for me.

I am still using LS, but if there won't be any change to it's 'pathfinding' I'll join the masses and let the dust fall on that skill gem.

just a note: I am playing the game for few monts (2-3) and I can really say there is nothing intuitive and consistent about Leap Slam.
Last edited by Balron on Sep 27, 2012, 4:33:42 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
As I said on the previous page:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It is important in some cases to land a specific point. Targeting an action at a location should perform it at that location if at all possible, including moving into range first if necessary. This is intuitive and consistent with how all actions in the game work.
If you specifically want to avoid walking to get into range, and perform the action as best you can from your current location, you can hold shift (or your preferred keybind) which does exactly that for any action.

As was stated before by my post and some one else's. Even in range and even clicking the target the leap slam fails to operate correctly. It is clunky as some one said and sporadic. It's not a target issue some times when targeting inclose range it just doesn't fire off right.

Also, I am wondering if Leap Slam was nerfed, I looked over the patch notes for the recent patches but don't see anything saying specifically leap slams damage was lowered, but my character suddenly does less damage with it, by about 50 percent. Just curious if you could guide me to the right patch this occurred at so I can look it over,

Thanks
You also need an unobstructed path for Leap Slam to fire, which can be annoying in forest areas. As in, it really is.

Leap Slam still deals the same damage for me. Is your listed damage halved, or do you mean the perceived damage? Monsters have higher resistances as of 0.9.12m, which can have a large effect if you have mostly Elemental damage. The only changes to Leap Slam were those made in early 0.9.12 patches; ridiculous-speed, and the re-balancing thereof.
No, this was somthing I noticed as well with the 9.12n patch. I saw that LS's attack speed was dropped again and lost around 1k DPS post-patch. Something is amiss, or the damage figures from before were incorrect, but it doesn't feel like that since I've noticed the speed drop as well. (And I've already taken into consideration the buff and nerf of LS in the 9.12 patch.)
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
I think this is certainly a fun skill but to add to the dynamics of it I suggest applying movement speed as a factor in the speed of the leap. Logically, the movement speed of the character should enhance the leap speed of this skill, but it doesn't.
same name in-game
"
Islidox wrote:
No, this was somthing I noticed as well with the 9.12n patch. I saw that LS's attack speed was dropped again and lost around 1k DPS post-patch.

Again, I get the same DPS post-patch. Doesn't seem slower to me either. *shrug*
We'll have to wait on a dev response I suppose.

"
Treadlight wrote:
I think this is certainly a fun skill but to add to the dynamics of it I suggest applying movement speed as a factor in the speed of the leap. Logically, the movement speed of the character should enhance the leap speed of this skill, but it doesn't.

So boots can get you 30% IAS on Leap Slam? :/ It's quite strong enough, if you ask me.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The DPS of leap slam didn't change, the character screen calculation was corrected so it displays correct DPS.

Previously all attacks calculated attacks per second, and therefore DPS, assuming that the attack took the duration specified by the weapon (which most attacks do).
Leap Slam (and a select few other attacks) instead have their own base attack time, which overrides the one from the weapon - this is now correctly accounted for in the character sheet.

The actual DPS did not change other than the reduction in speed already mentioned in this thread, to my knowledge (although it's possible there was a separate change made to that as well that I'm not aware of, that would almost certainly have been specifically called out in patch notes).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info