Infernal Blow

I have a question: how does explosion damage counts in case of party?

What i mean:
let's say, some monster has X hp
explode deals 0.25*X fire damage to it neighbours (without fire, elemental and area damage modifiers from nodes & gear)

I'm in the party now.
Hp of monsters - changed, and now, the same monster has Y > X hp, where Y = function(X, num of party members, etc, etc)

Will the explosion be 0.25*Y, or it remains 0.25*X ?

my sightnings told me, that we have 0.25*X in this case, and this is a bug, i think.
Question about crit on the explosion...

The only way to increase the chance is to get global passives (assassinations/mean streak) correct?

What about the critical weakness curse? does the additional chance % get applied to the explosion?
IGN: Athulua
Correct (gear with Global Crit also works), and yes.

For what it's worth, I would be a big proponent of making the secondary explosion portion of Infernal Blow not be elemental reflected. It's kind of a prohibitor of using the skill in high level play, especially since it apparently cannot be spell blocked either :(
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
When we link IB to Melee Splash do we lower our IB-explosion's damage? Melee Splash says Less damage to main target and Less damage to other targets and I'm using it to increase the explosion's range, however if it also lowers my explosion damage by 40% on targets other than the main one, then I can safely discard it for the increased area blue gem...

I've not managed to read this whole topic yet, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered before!

if i link infernal blow to culling strike and have dual totem, does the secondary part of the skill still work/make corpses explode? if it does does life leech, life gain on hit etc, on hit effects, still happen with the corpse explosion? also if the secondary part of the skill is linked to fire penetration will the fire penetration apply on secondary explosion. i know on hit effect will happen if u link mele splash. just want to know if the secondary part of the skill does the same.

saw that underline part was answered.

official response pls =D
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Aug 5, 2013, 4:57:11 AM
"
kaern wrote:
let's say, some monster has X hp
explode deals 0.25*X fire damage to it neighbours (without fire, elemental and area damage modifiers from nodes & gear)

I'm in the party now.
Hp of monsters - changed, and now, the same monster has Y > X hp, where Y = function(X, num of party members, etc, etc)

Will the explosion be 0.25*Y, or it remains 0.25*X ?

my sightnings told me, that we have 0.25*X in this case
Correct. IB explosion damage (just like Detonate Dead) is not increased by the bonus life monsters get for more payers in the instance.
"
kaern wrote:
and this is a bug, i think.
Absolutely not. The entire point of raising monster life is so it takes more to kill them - they have more life, but your skills deal the same amount of damage. Making the explosion count that life bonus would be equivalent to saying a particular skill gets 50% increased damage for each player in the party - which is clearly ridiculous.
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
When we link IB to Melee Splash do we lower our IB-explosion's damage? Melee Splash says Less damage to main target and Less damage to other targets
It only modifies attack damage, thus does not affect the explosion. The description has been updated locally and should be fixed in 0.11.4.
"
leighferon wrote:
if i link infernal blow to culling strike and have dual totem, does the secondary part of the skill still work/make corpses explode? if it does does life leech, life gain on hit etc, on hit effects, still happen with the corpse explosion?
All except Life leech, yes. Leech requires you to do damage, since it's a % of the damage dealt.
"
leighferon wrote:
also if the secondary part of the skill is linked to fire penetration will the fire penetration apply on secondary explosion.
Yes, it's fire damage dealt by the skill hitting something, therefore fire penetration applies.
Thank you for the answer, Mark! Stay awesome!

Currently, I can easily one-hit kill myself against champion packs with reflect aura (I one-hit a white mob, his explosion crits and the reflected damage kills me). This basically means, that I will never reach anything close to lvl80 on this char.
So is the explosion damage intended to be reflected?

P.S love you GGG!

Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Aug 8, 2013, 12:15:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info