Infernal Blow

I like infernal blow. I didn't plan my build use this skill as my primary, but it is happening.

My last builds were all ranged builds, so melee is new for me.
Hitboxes are a pain. Missing 50% of the strikes because of improper targeting is a lot of dps loss. I instinctively aim directly on the torso of the enemy, but then I always miss when they are left or right from me. I have to aim at the feet to hit them?
Melee splash solves a lot of these problems.

Its fun to activate molten shell, trow 1 firetrap and 1 hit of infernal blow is enough to kill a group of whites on level 20. Those 3 skills go pretty good together.

Edit: staves are a natural weapon for the templar, but their dps is by far not as good as the other weapons. 12% block chance is nice, but not very interesting. It's fine by me to make stave the block weapon, but compared to dual wielding... It's currently much easier to get good block chances on dual wielding using just a few passive skill points in the duelist-area. Please improve the block chance passives of staves or nerf them for the dual wielders.
Last edited by Kwaak on Jul 1, 2013, 4:04:44 AM
Apologies if this is in the wrong section or if it has been answered already. I'm afraid I have no plans on reading through 20-odd pages of paragraph long posts looking for it.

Anywho, there are some passive skills that return a set amount of health to you per enemy hit. If one is linked to Infernal Blow, will that health bonus kick in for every enemy hit by the death explosion? Or does it only apply to the initial swing? I have a feeling it's the latter, though obviously I hope I'm wrong.
Life Gain on Hit's description explicitly mentions it triggers on Attacks; the explosion is not an Attack.
Alright, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure before I wrote it off. Thank you much.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Spoiler
The damage of the explosion is increased by elemental damage increases (but not elemental damage with weapons), what's shown on the skill is a percentage of the enemy's maximum life which is used as the base fire damage for the explosion and is increased by all applicable increases.
If it could show the final amount of damage the explosion would deal then you could see it being affected, but it can't do that because the amount varies for each monster.
"
Imrael wrote:
(I also think that the Elemental Damage % Nodes are insufficiently explained, as I expected they will affect ANY elemental damage, so for example Tempest Shield or any other spells)
Passives which just affect "elemental damage" will affect all elemental damage you deal. Passives which affect "weapon elemental damage" or "elemental damage with weapons" or some such will not affect elemental damage from other sources, such as spells, only weapons.
For confirmation:
  • Critical strike with one/two-handed weapons, such as the Pure Brutality or Disemboweling clusters, would then not effect the death explosion effect.
  • Spell critical strike chance and multiplier, such as from the Arcane Potency cluster or the item affix, would then not effect the death explosion effect.
Correct?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 11, 2013, 5:45:31 AM
Correct. The explosion is neither a weapon-hit nor a Spell, so weapon- and Spell-specific passives do not apply.
this spell is so @$!$ing stupid.

only good for killing yourself when you're 80+.

When did the corpose explosions start dealing reflect damage?

When I last stopped playing my 80 HC Infernal Blow I completely ignored reflect.

I come back and elemental reflect nearly kills me.

Does it have something to do with this from 0.11.1 patch notes?

"
Rebalanced the damage Infernal Blow deals when exploding a monster. It was affected by the Stats refactor and now needs to be calculated differently. It should still be the same overall damage as before.
I hope you guys fix this becasue Infernal Blow is completely worthless (in HC/OS) now. I'm also dissapointed that this change was not properly communicated, it did not reflect like that before (only the initial hit, not the explosions reflected) and it nearly caused my death.

It should not reflect the explosions becasue there's no way I can control how much damage the explosions deal.

My build

This was a fun character/build to play, but certainly not OP, now he's absolutely unplayable :(
Last edited by AveiMil on Jul 14, 2013, 6:12:21 AM
I wonder how that 11.2 innovations affect the IB? And especially reflect from the explosions. It non-attack, non-spell - so I still can not block/evade/dodge it and I can not control the incoming damage. Or am I wrong?
IGN Odminko, Orlangoor.
Last edited by Daimonidlo on Jul 15, 2013, 8:03:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info