Flicker Strike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwCDUah8Lsw

I made a pretty successful shadow crit flicker striker. The skill is fairly good, except for the ridiculous desync (go to 3:36 for a great example, I could've easily died if there were more mobs).

Honestly, I think that reducing the cooldown to 1.5 seconds would be great, since that would make it far less punishing when desync occurs and you lose all of your frenzy charges, since desync doesn't look like its gonna get fixed any time soon.
I have a currently lvl 72 Shadow Flicker build.

Here is gear and gems...

Here is the passive tree...

Health:
DPS:
8450 (w/ Frenzy charges)

18% Life leach (w/o warlords mark and w/ lets just say beast mode)
54% chance to block
77% all resistances
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently I run 72-75 Maps w/o any issue. The life leech is insane. I can tank most circumstances. I utilize whirling blades for positioning and few rare instances that I need a runaway option.Now to the topic of desync...I honestly do not run into much of it unless I am in a very large group and whirling blades is involved. Flicker Strike does not desync very often its very consistent for me. My Gear besides helm is not even close to end game. There is much room for my numbers above to get better. I love this build. Most fun out of all my characters and I have 5 above lvl 70. Please let me know what you guys think or any suggestions and I would love to answer any questions as well. Thanks guys!
Last edited by Numb52 on Jun 21, 2013, 1:30:00 AM
@Numb52 you should divine your magnate to get it to 40% increased physical damage - they buffed it in the recent patch.
"
Flubadoo wrote:
@Numb52 you should divine your magnate to get it to 40% increased physical damage - they buffed it in the recent patch.

I know thank you for the heads up. I have been lazy about it and I only have one divine orb. I am thinking about looking into trying Meginords. I think with all the percentage passives it may work better.
I think you shouldn't use dual-wielding with Flicker. With one weapon Flicker hits as hard, and you can use shield to get more block, and a lot of other stats.
Also, i think it's wise to go CI/VP/GP with Flicker. You will have much more HP (ES), no need for life and chaos res on gear, and take no damage from Blood Rage. Sure, you'll have less armour, but you can just drink Granite potion, or go IR, if you are so concerned about it...

As for flicker itself... I have mixed feelings.
Flicker is definetely MOST powerful melee skill in the game. A few melee skills can match it's DPS, but no melee skill can match both DPS and mobility that Flicker provides.
The downsides of such incredible power are some unpredictability, high mana consumption, necessity to constantly kill enemies yourself, and, of course, lags and desyncs.

Flicker is an imbalanced skill. It is too powerful, but it causes too much lags and desyncs. Both sides should be fixed.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I think you shouldn't use dual-wielding with Flicker. With one weapon Flicker hits as hard, and you can use shield to get more block, and a lot of other stats.
Also, i think it's wise to go CI/VP/GP with Flicker. You will have much more HP (ES), no need for life and chaos res on gear, and take no damage from Blood Rage. Sure, you'll have less armour, but you can just drink Granite potion, or go IR, if you are so concerned about it...

As for flicker itself... I have mixed feelings.
Flicker is definetely MOST powerful melee skill in the game. A few melee skills can match it's DPS, but no melee skill can match both DPS and mobility that Flicker provides.
The downsides of such incredible power are some unpredictability, high mana consumption, necessity to constantly kill enemies yourself, and, of course, lags and desyncs.

Flicker is an imbalanced skill. It is too powerful, but it causes too much lags and desyncs. Both sides should be fixed.
dps =/= hits hard. heavy strike is "just as strong" if you want to debate. per hit damage of flicker will be lower. difference is speed (if you can constantly keep getting frenzy charges for flickerstrike). "strong" can mean many things...
Yes, i meant it's DPS, then typing "most powerful". And it allows you to kill mobs faster, than any other melee skill.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Got a pretty simple idea for helping with desync and the motion sickness.
Make it so that when you flicker you automatically target the nearest possible enemy, instead of just a random one on your sreen.

I noticed that most of my desynch comes from my character trying to flicker too long of a distance.

Flickering at the moment in HC with a 2h sword and it's a lot of fun. If desynch ever gets fixed and something is done to help the motion sickness from using this, I see this as a VERY effective and fun build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgV7GTiAZ10

!!!!!!!Eightkilos idea sounds awesome!!!!!!!

i am using a flicker build on a lvl 82 marauder and srsly lvling gets like really difficult atm couse of desync. it happens very often when ur MS/FS hit like 3 times the furthest mob away down a tunnel.
u end up in the next room with new mobs which u just wont be able to hit or !leech!(couse they(the server) dont know that u are there).than u get ported back in the middle of the first room u started in 0.5-3 sec ago(didnt stoped the time just how it feels) with in my case minus 5 to 100% hp depending on mobs and duration.

in game u can see it coming and like run the way u would have taken to flee in the first room but doing it in the second. that kind of works but its a strange way to play skilled ;) other thing that helps without skill is obviously to activate the little health bars over the mobs so u can at least see if u are hitting them or just standing somewhere in the past.
other situation FS most likely desync:
all kinds of fences u could leapslam but not walk trough, espacialy closed doors (couse of the tiny entrance maybe) but somtimes even a single tree that blocks the direct way to like the last mob of a pack is able to desync u for some sec with this mob.
sometimes it feels like flicker around a corner or through a fence
-> stop doing anything and run away!

didnt read all pages, so i just add what i noticed:
clicking the FS key again and again instead of holding in reduces desync
-> maybe at least switch that so holding means repeated clicking (hope that is possible)
(also noticable with cyclone and multistrike)
maybe i am just a noob and i am ok with that but i died so fking often with this flicker/desync combo (yeah its a combo) that i cant imagine playing it in hc!

i can just repeat
!!!!!!!Eightkilos idea sounds awesome!!!!!!!
i am kind of sure that would fix like 80-95% of my desync with flicker/multistrike

ggg u are doing a great job overall thx very much

EDIT
just saw that u need to know what we use to understand the problem
Spoiler
with 5.24 hits/sec dont know with low life trigger of bloodrage
Last edited by mephistyo on Aug 8, 2013, 3:41:25 PM
That is an awesome idea, until you meet a pack that has Vaal totem behind it. Just imagine - you have almost no chance to target that totem, because you always hit the nearest mob. Believe me, you'll curse developers for that "fix".

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info