Flicker Strike

You mean when i go to character and then to offence,select the desired skill and read the numbers?!
If its that,i can just see damage per second,main hand total combined damage,main hand physical damage and so on but no damage per hit!
Can you be more specific pls?
press c
look at middle of the new window that appears
click skill icon for flicker strike
there you go

alternatively just mouse-over the icon in skill bar, its the stuff in larger part of box. dps is on top of the thing that appears which is wrong for how much damage you deal due to stupid speeds.
Main Hand total combined damage is your damage per hit, naturally.
Flicker Strike currently interacts with the zoom-in mechanism in a seriously dysfunctional manner. If you zoom in for a close-up view of melee fighting, Flicker Strike will cause your POV to abruptly shift upwards at the moment you flick to your target destination. This scrolls your character vertically below the bottom of the screen, making it impossible to see what you're doing for a couple of seconds.

This bug, combined with dozens of cases where foreground objects obscure your character, makes me doubt whether combat has been tested much in zoomed-in mode? It's not just a matter of a visual display preference - there is a significant tactical trade-off in sacrificing targeting range in favor of enlarging the hit-zones of your targets. For the most part, I've been playing ranged characters zoomed-out and melee characters zoomed-in, but Flicker Strike is unusable when zoomed-in.
"
CaptinSupreem wrote:
Ok, to make this more precise so the devs can address this stuff:

* Desync is a huge issue with MS+FS. At the moment, it is skill-destroying. The majority of the time, the game will not register which enemies have been hit by FS, especially if teleporting into an adjacent enemy cluster a few screens away.

* Whilst the game does not register hits, it will still expend frenzy charges whilst not gaining any. FS is more sensitive to desync than almost any other skill, as it is critical to maintain frenzy charges, mana leech and life leech to stay alive, which all proc on enemy deaths/hits - if your character stops, he dies. Yes, I have cable internet, no I do not get desync in any other game, no it is not my connection nor my computer and yes my toon is built well. This is clearly a server-side issue specifically with FS+MS combo.

* The skill itself is effective if the above issues can be fixed, and I think a purchasable shadow/smoke/phase effect for FS would sell really well in the shop once the desync issues are fixed.

Exactly
Maybe freeze the screen (not following the char) in each skill activation after the first (without spend a frenzy charge) can solve..... or reduce the de-sync problem.

I mean that: every new hit of flicker strike by using frenzy charges or by the multistrike effect, the screen is frozen and only the enemies within that screen could be targets.

What do you think?
"
Proggg wrote:
Maybe freeze the screen (not following the char) in each skill activation after the first (without spend a frenzy charge) can solve..... or reduce the de-sync problem.

I mean that: every new hit of flicker strike by using frenzy charges or by the multistrike effect, the screen is frozen and only the enemies within that screen could be targets.

What do you think?

Freeze I mean to stop following the char.

Maybe this "freeze/stop folow" screen effect until reach 50% of cooldown skill.

:P
I started playing around with Flicker strike with the buff to physical damage and it was the most fun I ever had... The problem: I play HC and desync is rediculous with this ability because you end up in the middle of a pack of monster and completely stop attack and moving. You will always be left with 2 situations every time: You log out as soon as you see a big pack of monster or you hope to not desync and try to kill the big pack of monster(wich will lead you to your death).

Basically, the only problem flicker strike has to get to be viable at all is... a fix to desync. The only reason why this ability desync at all is that target selection is made client side before checking if the actual monster is in sync with the server wich will make your character attack it on your screen but on the server side it will just appear that you stopped moving and attacking where you were before attacking the monster that was out of sync.

How to fix Flicker Srike ? Well Either you make a code that resync your character each time your character targets a monster and uses an attack against it or just make the target selection entirely server side. If none of those two option are never applied... Flicker Strike will never be viable at all.

"
FleepQc wrote:

How to fix Flicker Srike ? Well Either you make a code that resync your character each time your character targets a monster and uses an attack against it or just make the target selection entirely server side. If none of those two option are never applied... Flicker Strike will never be viable at all.

I came over to the forum specifically to post that. I've got a 64 shadow who is using FS+MS+whatever, and blood rage. Super fun except for desync. 75% of my deaths appear to happen when I'm desynced far enough away from the server that FS stops targeting anything, and I'm standing around getting hit server side.

If target selection happened server side, I'd still be bouncing around, sure on a pack of mobs different from what my client is telling me, but at east I'm alive.

Resyncing more often would be a fine solution too. FS characters are so used to their screen bouncing around, I'm not sure anyone would even notice the extra rubber-banding.
Playing my 65 Flicker strike duelist showed me how bad this games mechanics and its desync issues really are. I really feel that as long as GGG refuses to change their terrible server/client communication there is absolutely no hope for any kind of skill that requires you to stand next to your foes even if its just for a quick flicker.
Last edited by Crescende on Jun 15, 2013, 9:21:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info