Flicker Strike

Re-reading my posts, I got an idea. Not that it really needs a buff, but this skill could have an added attribute to it: "+ x% evasion rating". It would make perfect sense, and would make the skill more usable for Dexterity based characters!
Flickerstrike suggestion:

Remove the minimum cast distance when no enemy is selected, and have the skill cast regardless so long as there's an appropriate enemy to flicker onto nearby; so for example if you cast flicker strike on some far away location (without selecting a specific enemy), your character will do nothing, even if there's an available monster nearby to flicker onto - THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM.

It has been the cause of countless deaths where the place I am on the server and the place I am on my client are sufficiently out of range of each other (de-sync), that my flicker-storm stops dead - I scratch my head and wonder why, and bang - dead - re-sync and I'm in the middle of a gang-bang with my corpse.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Last edited by Zeekin on Apr 16, 2013, 4:25:07 AM
Quality of life issue :

Can GGG make flicker strike not centre on the character if there's multiple hits, this problem is apparent as the screen jumps all over when chaining multiple targets. Repeat this 1000 times and a massive headache ensues.

Is there a way to make the screen less jumpy for those with fast aps hits. Perhaps only the 1st and last hit will centre on screen except the inbetweens? Maybe the closest but weak analogy is the D3 Monk seven-sided strike is what I refer to. Other than that i like the sonic hit effect of flicker srike! Need more of such skills effects!
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Has anyone actually had success runnnig flicker strike/BR in level 70+ maps in parties of more than 3 people? Putting aside desync=death with flicker, holding even 5+ charges under these conditions appears tough to me.

P.

sounds like youre doing better than i am.
i find it hard leveling even without monster hp increase.
basically i crush all mobs until desync hits or for some reason flicker stops or just stops hitting. ive tried to exit the game as soon as that happens but often ive already lost the xp without even having seen my hp drop lower than half.

it would make me feel better to know if this is a structural problem that ggg is nevertheless building upon or that this is actually possible to fix without redoing the whole game. i think i speak for many, as we'd like to know whether to invest in these builds or move on.

thanks in advance for feedback
Last edited by thenewapollo on May 5, 2013, 3:07:18 AM
I have a problem with Flicker strike and i'm not quite sure what is going on....i'm a lvl 76 Marauder and i'm using flicker strike with multistrike,additional accuracy,faster attacks,increased critical strikes and critical damage gems and when i'm using Flicker Strike and kill a mob,i get a frenzy charge and i can have up to 4....then when i expand 1 frenzy charge it comes a timer with this charge and with each enemy killed this frenzy charges timer re-new so with constantly killing mobs my timer should alway be at the beginning and i should have 4 frenzy charges max but the problem is,when i expand 1 or 2 or even 4,it happens when i attack a mob or a group of mobs,my frenzy charges just dissapear eventhough i had 4 or 2 before i attacked the mobs with the timer active.....????
Is this a bug or what is it???
inGame name is JudgeAssassin
Anybody know what is the problem?
"
JoeBlack13 wrote:
I have a problem with Flicker strike and i'm not quite sure what is going on....i'm a lvl 76 Marauder and i'm using flicker strike with multistrike,additional accuracy,faster attacks,increased critical strikes and critical damage gems and when i'm using Flicker Strike and kill a mob,i get a frenzy charge and i can have up to 4....then when i expand 1 frenzy charge it comes a timer with this charge and with each enemy killed this frenzy charges timer re-new so with constantly killing mobs my timer should alway be at the beginning and i should have 4 frenzy charges max but the problem is,when i expand 1 or 2 or even 4,it happens when i attack a mob or a group of mobs,my frenzy charges just dissapear eventhough i had 4 or 2 before i attacked the mobs with the timer active.....????
Is this a bug or what is it???
inGame name is JudgeAssassin
Anybody know what is the problem?

im still hoping someone will give some feedback on my dsync question but this one is easy to solve.
the thing is that u get a frenzy charge per kill but lose one per attack aswell. in your case one attack yields three strikes. so if u kill monsters within three strikes you will continue flickering and if not, you will run out of charges.
in your case its obvious youre not always doing enough damage so id recommend replacing faster attacks with a melee damage gem and, depending on your accuracy, replacing the accuracy gem with melee on full life.
Not enough damage?!
My damage is almost 10k and since when am i losing a frenzy charge per attack?
Sometimes its showing me that i got a frenzy charge,also the timer but under the timer were the number of frenzy charges is supposed to be shown,it stands 0 even though the timer is running!!!How can that be possible???
"
JoeBlack13 wrote:
Not enough damage?!
My damage is almost 10k and since when am i losing a frenzy charge per attack?
Sometimes its showing me that i got a frenzy charge,also the timer but under the timer were the number of frenzy charges is supposed to be shown,it stands 0 even though the timer is running!!!How can that be possible???

since one of the final patches of the closed beta
and i suppose your dps is 10k, not your damage per hit
and where can i see my damage per hit?
The [C]haracter sheet :/ Click the skill you want to look at, then look at the numbers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info