Flicker Strike

Dual Strike hits with two weapons; Flicker hits with one. I'm not surprised Dual hits harder.
Also, far as I know, Dual Strike's DPS display was fixed ages ago?
then why use flciker strike at all if it has dual strike to compete with dual wielding and double strike to compete with on 2handed builds? flicker strikes excessive attack speed already becomes near useless past 3 charges to begin with as you start hit your attack speed wall anyway. to make matters worse flicker strike makes itslef slower as it expends charges while the other single target skills maintain at or faster speeds. the attack speed isn't even that huge of a gap at 3 charges dual strike is like .03 behind.

so now you have attacks that hit far harder, they have either the upper hand or are only slightly behind in the speed department and have far less dps loss cycling frenzy charges. What makes flicker strike a viable choice?
really should not allow multiple flicker strike gems, i just fought a level 80 spamming flicker strike without frenzy charges.. my 5k hp disappears in seconds and i cant even run away from it lol.
IGN: NukerDeath
"
Exiledtyrant wrote:
then why use flciker strike at all if it has dual strike to compete with dual wielding and double strike to compete with on 2handed builds? flicker strikes excessive attack speed already becomes near useless past 3 charges to begin with as you start hit your attack speed wall anyway. to make matters worse flicker strike makes itslef slower as it expends charges while the other single target skills maintain at or faster speeds. the attack speed isn't even that huge of a gap at 3 charges dual strike is like .03 behind.

so now you have attacks that hit far harder, they have either the upper hand or are only slightly behind in the speed department and have far less dps loss cycling frenzy charges. What makes flicker strike a viable choice?

You're just not using it correctly. The advantage of Flicker Strike compared to other "single-target" skills such as Dual/Double Strike is that it's much more defensive; you move lightning-fast all around your enemies confusing them and dodging their attacks, instead of standing still with Double Strike, hitting harder yes, but absorbing all the damage also. Combine Flicker Strike with High Evasion skills/gear (perhaps Acrobatics and co.) and High Attack Speed and you'll be flying slicing and dicing through anything.

As for it losing effectiveness over time as it consumes Frenzy Charges, Blood Rage is there specifically to keep your Frenzy Charges up. If your damage output is high enough, your Frenzy Charges can get replenish at the same speed as they are consumed. The downside of Blood Rage is that it consumes your HP over time, but that can easily be countered by using Life Gain on it+Flicker Strike or simply with Chaos Inoculation. With Chaos Inoculation, your life won't be drained anymore since you'll be imune to Chaos Damage (Blood Rage's Life Drain) and the "30% Increased Attacks Speed when on Low Life" from Blood Rage will be consistently active.
Last edited by Merry_Blind on Mar 9, 2013, 10:46:17 PM
well to start I find the defensive portion to be false as much like whirling blades if the attack has gone off my body still takes the impact even if I change position.

blood frenzy is not group friendly and needs very specific builds to sustain the very dangerous chaos decay. Also under CI you gain no low life bonus. To build around these you will most likely have far more less dps than a build that does not build to sustain frenzy and mitigate blood rage.

Now let say that somehow they work out some invincibility frame thing to implement during your teleports if you are not using blood rage you have to use frenzy. If you are using frenzy you have to plant yourself and attack as much if not more as a dual strike user who is doing far more dps than you. If you want to argue defense at all i would argue dual strike / duble strike beats out frenzy poor attack dodging because they can double the effectiveness of a life on hit gem if needed.
Dual Strike is one hit using two weapons, and triggers Life Gain on Hit once. Just an fyi :P
ok so I messed up on the mechanics of double strike and dual strike as I though they both had the same effect on life on hit. that still doesn't put flicker in a better defensive or offensive position.
"
Merry_Blind wrote:
"30% Increased Attacks Speed when on Low Life" from Blood Rage will be consistently active.

This is incorrect. You are considered to be on full life all the time while you are in CI.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
This skill is best when used with 3 flicker gems, whirling blades and viper strike (and blood rage if CI).
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Mar 19, 2013, 2:18:26 PM
man i love this skill so damn much

i use ci and frenzy. use frenzy to build up my flicker (i m using 3 supports on my flicker, will use 5 supports if i get a 6L) then flicker flicker flicker awesomeness.

i dont know why people would complain about it. i see it's quite balanced by the fact it has a cooldown which can be bypassed by frenzy charges.

however i do die at times when i run out of charges where i m standing around checking out the mobs not doing anything coz u know... cooldown.... or coz bloodrage decided to end ....

anyway the most awesomest greatestest part about flicker strike ist the fact that if you look at the flicker strike subforum name, squint. you'll see it as F*CKER STRIKE.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info