Eternal Orbs

Eternals were never the problem, the mirror was.

Removing the mirror would make creating 6t1 itens not worth it, but still enabling people to use an eternal on their own itens to improve them a little.

What bothers me the most is that most of the people that came here to celebrate this change doesn't even have a single character 85+ (yeah i checked), and probably never used an eternal before.
IGN: vieira
"
gvieira wrote:

What bothers me the most is that most of the people that came here to celebrate this change doesn't even have a single character 85+ (yeah i checked), and probably never used an eternal before.

+1

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
Something that never droped for me WILL continue to never drop for me... meh.
"
To everyone that is bitching that "the rich get richer" you need to get your heads out of your ass. GGG doesn't balance around permaleagues, they balance around challenge leagues because that's the majority of the playerbase. Most of the community will have a fresh start with the awakening release, except for the hoarders sitting in standard with their legacy bullshit crying for validation, so does it REALLY matter if the rich get richer in standard? Not that there's anything wrong with standard players, just the ones that feel the need to spam their legacy shit in chat and show off their huge e-peen.

This is wrong on all accounts. First of all, almost half of the playerbase is in Standard, like 40%. Second, balancing is done with Standard in mind. I just read a post in this thread that said they read a GGG post saying Standard does influence balancing.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
"
LeoTristao wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:
"
Kinne wrote:
Great display of balls! GG GGG!
Ofc softcore will be move fucked up than ever but really I don't understand why anyone would ever want to play non-league anyways.

I remember someone at GGG saying long time ago that standard game for them is the most important and primary. Other, temporary leagues, are experimental, where they try out new stuff.

Qarl said that
"
Qarl wrote:
Challenge leagues (like Torment/Bloodlines) are a great place to test out new game mechanics while receiving plenty of feedback and data about how players interact with them. When challenge leagues end, we have to choose what parts of these new features to roll into the core game. Some systems like Rogue Exiles (Anarchy) and Shrines (Domination) came from challenge leagues in this way.

in this topic https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1214594

Cheers!

There ya go! Now let's never say "Who cares about Standard? GGG doesn't balance with Standard in mind again".

That post should be stickied. Tired of reading those comments. Half of the player base is in Standard, ffs.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
Last edited by WAWAMELONS on Jul 6, 2015, 11:11:09 AM
1.) Should remove mirrors instead and severely buff the droprate of eternals, but, meh...

2.) Should not let thousands of botted eternals linger in Std, if you want to make changes wipe them all. In Std, all the new tier items will have GG mirror worthy crafts in a week, maybe?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 6, 2015, 11:20:40 AM
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
Spoiler
"
LeoTristao wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:

I remember someone at GGG saying long time ago that standard game for them is the most important and primary. Other, temporary leagues, are experimental, where they try out new stuff.

Qarl said that
"
Qarl wrote:
Challenge leagues (like Torment/Bloodlines) are a great place to test out new game mechanics while receiving plenty of feedback and data about how players interact with them. When challenge leagues end, we have to choose what parts of these new features to roll into the core game. Some systems like Rogue Exiles (Anarchy) and Shrines (Domination) came from challenge leagues in this way.

in this topic https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1214594

Cheers!

There ya go! Now let's never say "Who cares about Standard? GGG doesn't balance with Standard in mind again".

That post should be stickied. Tired of reading those comments. Half of the player base is in Standard, ffs.

Core game != Standard. Core game = common mechanics that are present in all leagues, perma & temp. GGG doesn't give two fvks about Standard.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
holy shit!
<3
so many quotes I had to spoiler them, but I really do think GGG should consider what people are saying in here, if you got the ability to make real changes that properly fix things with this expansion I think its worth doing it right...

Spoiler
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
Would have preferred to have mirrors removed.

"
kuranai777 wrote:
if they want to remove eternal they should remove mirrors as well(i still baffled why on earth they create stuff that let you dupe legally) IMO Mirrors is the worst thing ever created on this game.

"
BoondockSaint wrote:

also removing eternals and leaving mirrors?

wtf are they smoking?

"
Baron01 wrote:

Now, many reasonable posts have been made here to remove mirrors and let Eternal orbs exist in the game to allow effective crafting to exist. This makes sense to me because I believe mirrors are the reason for uncontrollable power creep in STD.

"
Cipherseed wrote:
I have always thought Mirror and Eternal orbs should have not existed together, but I feel like the clear choice would have been disabling mirror drops.

"
Jackalooop wrote:
would have preferred mirrors being removed instead but this is still cool

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Mirror removal would make more sense.

"
Erak wrote:
I like this change, however my dream would be that eternals would exist and be cheaper. So that crafting your own gear would be more viable and items can be mirrored only once.

"
ImaMonstr wrote:
why not get rid of mirrors and make crafting available?

"
snecko wrote:
Pls remove mirrors! They did their great job (as well as eternals) so that now we see standard all ripped.

"
morphl wrote:
I think the removal of Mirrors would be a more valuable change.

"
sampura wrote:
Good good, now remove mirrors too and it will be perfect.

"
Ravenstrider wrote:
Eternals aren't the problem, mirrors are!

"
MiniOreo69 wrote:
change the mirror to do only one copy of an item.

"
snecko wrote:
I vote for mirrors to be removed. That would be a further step towards game balance.

"
Jedi_blr wrote:
good step vs future rmt , but not best one , best is delete Mirror from POE, and this is solution for all craft problems.

"
Xoow wrote:
1. remove Mirror of Kalandra
2. up Eternal droprates
3. up Exalted droprates
4. ????
5. crafting fixed

"
BurakUeda wrote:
Good move I guess, better than nothing but I'd prefer mirror to be discontinued instead or items limited to 1 copy only (e.g. when mirror used on an item both copies will become 'mirrored').

"
Zed_ wrote:

I think preventing Mirror of Kalandra to be used on items created with Eternal Orbs would have been a better solution.

"
Delete mirror drops! This will fix economy!

"
Kaw wrote:

I think it is a great change. Removing mirrors would be better!

"
Vegnarus wrote:
Both Eternals and Mirrors are problematic in my opinion. I think both should be removed if the game is going to become healthy.

"
next step is mirrors doing 2 mirrored copies and destroying original

"
Yoshirouu wrote:
Eternal Orbs should not be removed, Mirrors is the one that should be removed.

"
trav_dawg wrote:
I like this change overall, but I havw to say removing mirror and buffing eternals would have been a better way to go IMO on further consideration.

"
gvieira wrote:
Eternals were never the problem, the mirror was.

"
PsOfOs wrote:

You should have removed mirrors.

"
"
tackle70 wrote:
Far better change would have been removing mirrors.

I agree with this too.

"
Thiagon856 wrote:
Much better to remove mirrors and to increase the drop of eternal,

"
The act of 'mirroring' should be next on the orb-adjusting agenda.

"
Charburn wrote:

Now for mirrors!

"
Now make mirrors make 2 copies but destroy original and I buy highgate supporter pack!

"
Thiagon856 wrote:
shouldnt u remove mirror from game and increase the drop rate of eternal a little? makes much more sense to me.

"
IceDeal wrote:
That's a good move, personally I would have kept them and removed mirror instead

"
morbo wrote:
1.) Should remove mirrors instead and severely buff the droprate of eternals, but, meh...

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well just lake so many others i must also say that the mirrors are the biggest problem and having eternal orbs makes that problem 10 times worse.

"
Archwizard wrote:

What needs to be removed are Mirrors.

"
Ravenstrider wrote:

Make Mirror of Kalandra make both items mirrored, make only 1 imprint of an item limit. Make eternals a bit rarer and mirrors a bit more common.

"
Toorinroor wrote:

Mirror will grow up and became more mandatory than ever, but one day all eternals of all leagues will be gone. That day will be perfect to remove mirror also.

"
Jaari wrote:
Hmm, I thought about it a bit. I think that you should remove Mirrors as well. Imagine, how great and exciting PoE would be without Mirrors.

"
Tomviolence89 wrote:
Great! Now please remove Mirrors! or change the way they works!

removing eternals but leaving mirrors only half fixes the problem and actually makes new problems, if the eternal goes surely the mirror has to go otherwise the gear already made with eternals essentially becomes the worst sort of legacy thing imaginable. No one uses them in temps anyway, if you look at what happens to mirrors and what will continue to happen with them theyre not really working the way you pictured them either surely? Let the prolif of silly items fade into history along with the originals and allow the game to get back to high variance, individual rares.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jul 6, 2015, 5:03:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info