Eternal Orbs

You can't just remove items because they are "OP" or something, ofc they have to make them legacy, jesus.. People might have spent alot of currency to get those items.

If you don't like standard, then dont play standard, its the only place where this legacy items will exist.
To all the people complaining about this change and rich people getting richer, please keep in mind that the game is not balanced around permanent leagues and that if you choose to play in them you have to accept that the balances change are focused on temporary leagues.
-
"
dime wrote:
how can mirror worthy gear be real if our eternals arent real

My sides. To the moon.
"
terpa23 wrote:
never had an eternal in 6months of gameplay, good riddens eternals i actually love that move from GGG.

As stated before yea, better focus on the temp leagues that most of playerbase is, than std the minority, lets face it std is boring as fck

Um.. I'm pretty sure most of the players in this game play Standard league. Its the place for people to grow they're characters instead of just restarting at level 1 every 4 months.

Things to do in standard:

Get best in slot for your items.
Hit level 100.
Experience all the map system has to offer.
Get all Masters to 8.
Help /global 820 level up Masters
End Game GG Corrupted maps for fun and Loot :D
Double beyond + pack size boss farming :)

So I am not one that plays the temp leagues, I only play my lvl 100 on standard. I have an eternal orb I have been sitting on for a long time, guess crafting wont be getting any more popular.

I remember a friend of mine was saying how scared everyone in beta was to use Exalted orbs. They didn't want to run they're items, so noone used them until GGG released this Eternal Orb. So you can have a fail safe in case of bad roll, and that your item won't be completely ruined.

So whats stopping it from everyone being scared to use Exalts the same way prior to eternal orbs.

Why are mirrors still in the game? The only reason for them is to make a copy of an item that had 50+ eternals put into it in the first place. So your hoping people will spend 300 exalts on a mirror of a sub gg item? I don't know.. Just speaking my mind.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
Cool

What about convert all legacy uniques to actually version ?
I have to say that I don't think this is the right move.

Eternal orbs are a great crafting tool and should be more common, not removed. What needs to be removed are Mirrors. The goal of creating a totally awesome item for yourself is helped by Eternals, and is a worthy goal in a loot-based game. The goal of creating one to sell, or to try to get a copy of one someone else has made, is pretty lame.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
levy42088 wrote:
"
terpa23 wrote:
never had an eternal in 6months of gameplay, good riddens eternals i actually love that move from GGG.

As stated before yea, better focus on the temp leagues that most of playerbase is, than std the minority, lets face it std is boring as fck

Um.. I'm pretty sure most of the players in this game play Standard league. Its the place for people to grow they're characters instead of just restarting at level 1 every 4 months.

Things to do in standard:

Get best in slot for your items.
Hit level 100.
Experience all the map system has to offer.
Get all Masters to 8.
Help /global 820 level up Masters
End Game GG Corrupted maps for fun and Loot :D
Double beyond + pack size boss farming :)

So I am not one that plays the temp leagues, I only play my lvl 100 on standard. I have an eternal orb I have been sitting on for a long time, guess crafting wont be getting any more popular.

I remember a friend of mine was saying how scared everyone in beta was to use Exalted orbs. They didn't want to run they're items, so noone used them until GGG released this Eternal Orb. So you can have a fail safe in case of bad roll, and that your item won't be completely ruined.

So whats stopping it from everyone being scared to use Exalts the same way prior to eternal orbs.

Why are mirrors still in the game? The only reason for them is to make a copy of an item that had 50+ eternals put into it in the first place. So your hoping people will spend 300 exalts on a mirror of a sub gg item? I don't know.. Just speaking my mind.

You can do all this in a temporary league, except crafting a mirror worthy item. If you are dedicated to master you can get them all level 8 in the first week. Same with map system (but will change in the awakening). Atziri also gets killed in the first 3 days of a league.

People don't use exalts because the outcome is not worth it. Crafting a mirror worty item is also not worth it, you do it because you can do it, not because you will make monney with it. You spend so much currency on crafting a mirror worth item that it will probably never pay back. People are smart, if you can buy a very good weapon for 8 ex, why risk your currency for a most likely shitty outcome? And believe me, it will cost more a lot more than 8 ex to craft that same weapon you just bought (probably 100 to 1000 times more).

To get a mirror worthy item you need more than 50 eternal, you need hundreds if not thousands of them. So yes, I understand why they remove it. It is too powerfull but on the other hand too rare. You can't make it less rare without ruining the economy, and you can't make it more rare since it is already extremly rare and expensive and you need a lot of them to use it properly. It is a mostly a useless orb in a temporary league, it is even hard to sell them since people can't price. Are they worth 1, 2, 3, 5 exalt? What am I gonna do with it? If I wanted it to be usefull I should have a lot of them, coupled with a lot of exalts.

Overall, I am happy they remove it for temp leagues, but I understand it will impact permanent leagues, even if I think that with time people will forget about it and still play like they always played.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jul 6, 2015, 1:04:14 PM
"
Toshis8 wrote:
With the removal of eternal orbs top tier items will be much harder to craft. They will be much rarer and much more expensive. Guess the unintended results were that eternal orbs made top tier items too common. With a new higher tier mods its a good opportunity to make a new start i guess.

edit:
If items with tier 1 mods were at about 200 ex, with the removal of eternal orb and new tier 1 mods, new tier 1 items probably will cost something like 1000 ex, maybe even more.

Edit #2:
In my 3 years of gameplay I've managed to accumulate about 50 ex (wasn't very lucky with rarest and most expensive unique items like some people were, most of my exalts were hard-earned). People like me will never own a new tier 1 items, only a hardcore gamers will, who spend way too much time gaming. And those who already have lots of eternal orbs will get a kickstart towards crafting new tier 1 items. Removal of existing eternal orbs isn't a good move, but keeping the existing ones also isn't good. Existing eternal orbs could be converted to another currency at fair ratio.

Thing is, if no one pays 1000 ex for that 6 x t1 item, prices will drop to a reasonable value.
Like someone said earlier in this thread, why would I pay something like 200 ex when I can get just sligthly worse items for something like 20 ex (you can still do pretty well with those items)
The problem with this change is that it won't change anything for the better.
People will still craft perfect new T1 items, which will then be mirrored, making "decent item" crafting pointless and leading to people using even less exalts.

Make Mirror of Kalandra make both items mirrored, make only 1 imprint of an item limit. Make eternals a bit rarer and mirrors a bit more common.

You have a healthy crafting system.

Is it so hard?

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
"
Zelpo wrote:
No change for me, never had one drop

Exactly this. I forgot they were in the game.
BerMalBerIst1 wrote: What if GGG doesn't nerf anything and decides to buff a bunch of stuff?

666lol666 wrote: In that case someone has kidnapped their kids and is forcing them to do so. These guys are allergic to buffs, they are in love with the nerfhammer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info