Eternal Orbs

"
BoondockSaint wrote:

that really doesnt have any sense to me.....like how is few super rich people worse for the game then no crafting option

thats not a point I was making, Im not even really sure I understand that point but it doesnt sound like something Id agree with.

My point is that eternals and mirrors, mainly mirrors, are the mechanism through which a small number of people having absurd amounts of wealth actually has a big impact, without mirrors mainly then a few people having whatever 1000s of exalts doesnt really have a larger impact. I already said I think removing mirrors would have been a far better way around, for ages Ive been saying get rid of mirrors and up the drop rate of eternals. Taking out eternals Im fine with in some ways, but its mirrors that really need to be axed.

"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

If you believe trying to change one of the fundamental reasons for playing PoE STD is the way to go, you might as well call for an item wipe and restart of STD with no eternal and mirrors. That is the better way to go about it than this poorly thought crap that only ends up hurting and making 1 less 'thing' to play for in perm leagues for the non-wealthy.

no that would be a terrible way of going about it and would probably be the true death of the game for an unthinkably large portion of players. You just take them out and let the situation heal itself over time, which it will.

"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

If you believe trying to change one of the fundamental reasons for playing PoE STD is the way to go, you might as well call for an item wipe and restart of STD with no eternal and mirrors. That is the better way to go about it than this poorly thought crap that only ends up hurting and making 1 less 'thing' to play for in perm leagues for the non-wealthy.

For many perm STD players, working towards and obtaining BiS items, godly setups, builds and becoming god-like IS THE GOAL. What do you think the core STD player base who plays actively for MONTHS, and even YEARS are doing, grinding maps over and over with sub par gear and stocking currency, in hopes for what? To hopefully buy what? More subpar crappy gear? Congrats, GGG made it X times harder for YOU, the poor-average-mid wealthy joe, to obtain the top gear.

ya Im all for working towards bis godly setups, I do it, we will all continue to do it, you miss the point which is what we consider to be a bis godly setup can change, and should change imo. There will always be the best items you can get, and that will always be the goal to get them, that wont change just because the exact nature of those best items changes. Sub par, thats a relative term, par is a relative term, relative to what is available, changing what is available changes the par, changes what it means to be sub par, on par, above par, bis.
standard = wayne
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
i still dont understand what this change was supposed to do?

to fuck up few super rich players in perm leagues?

this will do just the opposite, those super rich will buy items from xyz with 3-4 T1 mods and just exalt them until they manage to get 2-3 more T1 rolls, so nothing will change for them, while others who ever experienced crafting in this game will never try to finish their items with 3-4 T1 rolls, since whoever tried crafting in 99.9% of the cases you felt stupid for using those exalted orbs

also removing eternals and leaving mirrors?

wtf are they smoking?

it's like curing symptoms and not the disease....mirrors are disease and not eternals...they should remove mirrors and up the eternal drop rate a bit.....atleast that would make sense.....but sense stayed in their old offices i guess :))

did you play the game before eternal were introduced?
the game was much more balanced, the differences between people using normal gear and mirrored gear with the same build/skill gem was not so wide as now, this makes balancing much more difficult.

with eternal, only the super ultra mega rich can craft 6t1 items, without eternals, to craft 6t1 you have to exalt an item with 3-4 t1 and be LUCKY so everyone has the same chance to get the perfect craft and not only the 0,001% of the players since you can't dupe 4*6t1 but you have to find them or trade them.

before eternals, mirrors was not a problem at all, in the long run the game will become again like back in 2012-2013, mirrors won't be a problem at all
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jul 6, 2015, 2:50:58 AM
Since it seems to be being mentioned. I am a standard player, and I play to obtain the best gear possible, and to have fun, and maybe someday hit level 100. If there is no more upgrades possible, maybe I'll break down and start a new build, or maybe I'll just shelf path of exile. Unfortunately for me, my build isn't best served by mirrors because I play a rather eccentric one. The removal of eternals hurt a lot, even though before today (irony) I had never dropped one.

Yeah, thats right, after I made a couple posts on this thread I dropped one in a level 74 maze map.

Aint that a kick in the head. Well I'll probably actually continue just continue yolo exalting items I think are already great, which I did anyway since eternals were god awful rare and expensive anyway. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, I'll let you be the judge.
Spoiler

(Removed by support) to buy Eternal Orbs for 30ex, i mean are this real???? or they just so stupid not to read a the post???

So.. (((( Master mods that were priced in Eternal Orbs will be modified (and cheaper) in The Awakening. )))

THAT MEANS A SIMPLE THING, ETHERNAL ORB ARE NO LONGER NEED... U HAVE THE MOD IN UR HO, AND IM SURE It WILL COST LESS THEN 5EX, SO stupid ppl still buy for 30-40ex now???? i cant belive it..

AND THE RICHER GET RICHER, BECAUSE THE WORLD IS (Removed by support)

GG
GGG
i want to subscribe
Last edited by Support on Jul 6, 2015, 2:57:43 AM
good change/////////////////////////////
"
darkenergy0 wrote:
(Removed by support) to buy Eternal Orbs for 30ex, i mean are this real???? or they just so stupid not to read a the post???

So.. (((( Master mods that were priced in Eternal Orbs will be modified (and cheaper) in The Awakening. )))

THAT MEANS A SIMPLE THING, ETHERNAL ORB ARE NO LONGER NEED... U HAVE THE MOD IN UR HO, AND IM SURE It WILL COST LESS THEN 5EX, SO stupid ppl still buy for 30-40ex now???? i cant belive it..

AND THE RICHER GET RICHER, BECAUSE THE WORLD IS (Removed by support)

GG
GGG

Do you know what eternal actually do?
"

before eternals, mirrors was not a problem at all, in the long run the game will become again like back in 2012-2013, mirrors won't be a problem at all

I agree with everything you said except for this, the game cant go back to that because items crafted with eternals will still exist and can still be mirrored, and without eternals there will be no way of making items better than those even with new mod tiers.
"
UHF wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
WSince then, the impact they've had on Path of Exile and its economy hasn't been what we initially intended.

Could someone please explain what the unintended result was, and why they needed to be removed? I feel like having more options for players, at both ends of the spectrum, are only a good thing.

what was unexpected by GGG is the fact that they were trade to very low price ( initially 1:1 with ex, up to 1;3 , recently 1:5 ), despite its very low drop rate, so it allowed "easy" perfect craft.
IGN TylordRampage
best decision ever, ggg.

getting rid of the deterministic crafting methods of the top end currency should keep the game interesting for the top end of players for a longer time.

btw: changed my account name from geradon to vio.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info