Eternal Orbs

"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Antistes wrote:
RIP crafting. even fewer people will craft now

noone will craft now.....noone that have any experience in crafting.....only people that will craft and yolo exalt are people that have never done it before....

even now with eternals in game its a lot more cheaper to just buy items for your exalts then to try to craft anything (not talking about 6 T1 items), but from now, it will be just plain stupid to craft and not to buy some other people drops

I'll bet that those are exactly the things GGG is hoping for as a result of the change. In an 'economy based game', the more people active in the economy, the better.
Well colour me surprised.
We tested it extensively
"
YesImEvil wrote:
So, basically, you're making sure the people who are already super-rich remain so with their stockpiles of eternals, and making absolutely sure no one who isn't already rich will roll even ONE gg item.

A very crude statement, but pretty much in with how things may turn out.

With et out of the picture, we now have a slowly timed drying up of crafting as we know it now. If people were already thinking that it wasn't worth it to try to roll new t1 mods when a4 comes out (spoiler alert the percentage is even worse than t1 mods now), this will definitely be a turn off.

After reading through the thread, I'm actually worried that the mechanics of the Mirror will be affected some time soon as well.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Antistes wrote:
RIP crafting. even fewer people will craft now

noone will craft now.....noone that have any experience in crafting.....only people that will craft and yolo exalt are people that have never done it before....

even now with eternals in game its a lot more cheaper to just buy items for your exalts then to try to craft anything (not talking about 6 T1 items), but from now, it will be just plain stupid to craft and not to buy some other people drops

I'll bet that those are exactly the things GGG is hoping for as a result of the change. In an 'economy based game', the more people active in the economy, the better.

You are somewhat right, but what you say, at least in my opinion, only applies to temp leagues.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
If you think this decision helps the majority of perm leaguers in any way and is worth celebrating, you are in for a big surprise. The 1% is laughing all the way to the bank.

Those who strive to buy current mirror worthy and soon to be 'T1-B'items, you will be paying more than ever before, either for existing copies in the market or mirror + jacked up fee.

Those who strive to buy new mirror worthy and T1-A items, good luck finding someone willing to craft one and if you're lucky to find one, paying 5x more fee for a copy.

The ENTIRE high end crafting will be almost if not completely non-existant. THANKS GGG!

You all can thank GGG for this most stupid decision hurting the majority, not the uber rich. Get used to using your T2/T3 mediocre rares for a very, very long time. As a 'permanent' player I hope you won't get bored of the game even faster than before, when you had something tangible to strive for when it came to obtaining BiS items.

The problem is what is thought of as a BiS item, thats what needs to change, perfection is an abomination, that was never a thing before eternals.

This is why mirrors need to go to, if they both go then over time all that perfect gear becomes a thing of the past and everyone will have to just live with a variety of 'good' gear, which is how it should be. the whole thing of perfect gear existing and people being able to either craft it themselves or mirror it is just horrible.

Also, who cares about wealth and rmt etc? It doesnt matter if X guy is going to make a lot of irl money from rmt or blah blah player is going to have a load of in game wealth, that doesnt matter at all, what matters is the game. Eternals and mirrors are the only reason a couple of people having absurd amounts of wealth is of any real consequence. If GGG can remove mirrors as well then the entire concept of what a high end item is will change for the better and the entire mechanism of economy domination by a few people is going to be of far less importance because ultimately they wont benefit from having gear they dont personally need, they just go back to being 1 guy with some items rather than a constant source of everyones top tier gear.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jul 6, 2015, 2:12:51 AM
What you should do is replace all current eternals with the current market price in exalts. That should fix the 1% mass crafting maraketh weapons in the coming update.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
If you think this decision helps the majority of perm leaguers in any way and is worth celebrating, you are in for a big surprise. The 1% is laughing all the way to the bank.

Those who strive to buy current mirror worthy and soon to be 'T1-B'items, you will be paying more than ever before, either for existing copies in the market or mirror + jacked up fee.

Those who strive to buy new mirror worthy and T1-A items, good luck finding someone willing to craft one and if you're lucky to find one, paying 5x more fee for a copy.

The ENTIRE high end crafting will be almost if not completely non-existant. THANKS GGG!

You all can thank GGG for this most stupid decision hurting the majority, not the uber rich. Get used to using your T2/T3 mediocre rares for a very, very long time. As a 'permanent' player I hope you won't get bored of the game even faster than before, when you had something tangible to strive for when it came to obtaining BiS items.

Out of curiosity I looked at some of the profiles of the people "rejoicing" and it baffles me to no end. No offense intended but I'm not sure if Mirrored gear was even on their radar, so how can they make an opinion on this?

I agree 100% with this post though, and it also scares me that something will happen to Mirrors going forward (and yes, I only have two, they remain unused as I was saving them for a4, so I am personally invested), and sooner rather than later.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
elvorette wrote:
What you should do is replace all current eternals with the current market price in exalts. That should fix the 1% mass crafting maraketh weapons in the coming update.

This.(might not seem fair and it kinda isn't but i think it's the closest to optimal solution).
Jebus christ, that's awesome.
Thank you. Awesome change

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info