Eternal Orbs

Someday.. sometime in the future when GGG have a clear goal on what their ideal game should be and what they really want, I think GGG better off creating new permanent league because lets face it the current standard league is beyond salvation with its toxicity from legacy stuffs, over inflated economy to the usual botting/RMT

As for the current topic, if they want to remove eternal they should remove mirrors as well(i still baffled why on earth they create stuff that let you dupe legally) IMO Mirrors is the worst thing ever created on this game.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
[

The problem is what is thought of as a BiS item, thats what needs to change, perfection is an abomination, that was never a thing before eternals.

This is why mirrors need to go to, if they both go then over time all that perfect gear becomes a thing of the past and everyone will have to just live with a variety of 'good' gear, which is how it should be. the whole thing of perfect gear existing and people being able to either craft it themselves or mirror it is just horrible.

Also, who cares about wealth and rmt etc? It doesnt matter if X guy is going to make a lot of irl money from rmt or blah blah player is going to have a load of in game wealth, that doesnt matter at all, what matters is the game. Eternals and mirrors are the only reason a couple of people having absurd amounts of wealth is of any real consequence. If GGG can remove mirrors as well then the entire concept of what a high end item is will change for the better and the entire mechanism of economy domination by a few people is going to be of far less importance because ultimately they wont benefit from having gear they dont personally need, they just go back to being 1 guy with some items rather than a constant source of everyones top tier gear.

that really doesnt have any sense to me.....like how is few super rich people worse for the game then no crafting option (masters are not crafting really, it's just to close the gap for casuals), something to strive for?

how is having less options better for the game anywhere anytime?

mediocre gear is available for all people that play the game, now powerful and great items are not available for a lot of people that like and strive for that gear......how is that better?

because few people are super rich and have mirror worthy gear?

"
loser19 wrote:
"
elvorette wrote:
What you should do is replace all current eternals with the current market price in exalts. That should fix the 1% mass crafting maraketh weapons in the coming update.

This.(might not seem fair and it kinda isn't but i think it's the closest to optimal solution).

Sigh. I'm hopefully only going to have to say this one time. What the upper 1% does with their currency is as much their own business as what you do with your currency. If they decide to make the next wave of t1 items then let them. The game needs to be rewarding for its faithful players, even if YOU don't like them. How would you like it if GGG just randomly decided to purge your account without your permission and without you doing a bannable offense? That's basically what this is suggesting. Oh, but it's okay because they're rich. Give me a break. Either it's equality for all, or nothing. I'd side on for equality. If you don't like it, well at least temp leagues don't have to worry about it.

The only way I might have approved of this concept, the only way, was if they didn't already have the precedent of letting items go legacy. Because then this would just be a nerf, rather than a what I'd consider a targetted strike at the rich.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

The problem is what is thought of as a BiS item, thats what needs to change, perfection is an abomination, that was never a thing before eternals.

This is why mirrors need to go to, if they both go then over time all that perfect gear becomes a thing of the past and everyone will have to just live with a variety of 'good' gear, which is how it should be. the whole thing of perfect gear existing and people being able to either craft it themselves or mirror it is just horrible.

Also, who cares about wealth and rmt etc? It doesnt matter if X guy is going to make a lot of irl money from rmt or blah blah player is going to have a load of in game wealth, that doesnt matter at all, what matters is the game. Eternals and mirrors are the only reason a couple of people having absurd amounts of wealth is of any real consequence. If GGG can remove mirrors as well then the enter concept of what a high end item is will change for the better and the entire mechanism of economy domination by a few people is going to be of far less importance because ultimately they wont benefit from having gear they dont personally need, they just go back to being 1 guy with some items rather than a constant source of everyones top tier gear.

If you believe trying to change one of the fundamental reasons for playing PoE STD is the way to go, you might as well call for an item wipe and restart of STD with no eternal and mirrors. That is the better way to go about it than this poorly thought crap that only ends up hurting and making 1 less 'thing' to play for in perm leagues for the non-wealthy.

For many perm STD players, working towards and obtaining BiS items, godly setups, builds and becoming god-like IS THE GOAL. What do you think the core STD player base who plays actively for MONTHS, and even YEARS are doing, grinding maps over and over with sub par gear and stocking currency, in hopes for what? To hopefully buy what? More subpar crappy gear? Congrats, GGG made it X times harder for YOU, the poor-average-mid wealthy joe, to obtain the top gear.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
i still dont understand what this change was supposed to do?

to fuck up few super rich players in perm leagues?

this will do just the opposite, those super rich will buy items from xyz with 3-4 T1 mods and just exalt them until they manage to get 2-3 more T1 rolls, so nothing will change for them, while others who ever experienced crafting in this game will never try to finish their items with 3-4 T1 rolls, since whoever tried crafting in 99.9% of the cases you felt stupid for using those exalted orbs

also removing eternals and leaving mirrors?

wtf are they smoking?

it's like curing symptoms and not the disease....mirrors are disease and not eternals...they should remove mirrors and up the eternal drop rate a bit.....atleast that would make sense.....but sense stayed in their old offices i guess :))
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

For many perm STD players, working towards and obtaining BiS items, godly setups, builds and becoming god-like IS THE GOAL. What do you think the core STD player base who plays actively for MONTHS, and even YEARS are doing, grinding maps over and over with sub par gear and stocking currency, in hopes for what? To hopefully buy what? More subpar crappy gear? Congrats, GGG made it X times harder for YOU, the poor-average-mid wealthy joe, to obtain the top gear.

Pretty much this.

Remove mirrors and I quit. Why would I grind for more subpar crappy gear? I've done everything else and I hate restarting. Removing mirrors would turn this game into a play-once-and-I'm-done game, and I've had enough of those.

Eternals being removed is both good and bad. There will still be mirrorable items and mirrors to mirror them, but now there is a remote chance to top one of those old mirrorable items through grinding rather than flipping. However, without eternals, the new mirrorable items might be somewhat lackluster, which could make folks quit rather than continuing to grind.

We'll see!

IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
Good Idea, it won't quite work yet for standard league, but at least the new leagues will not have ridiculously op crafted items.
Best change ever.
Keep up the good work GGG :D
Bah Guild Thread
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1373487
"
Suni wrote:
Good Idea, it won't quite work yet for standard league, but at least the new leagues will not have ridiculously op crafted items.

Yes,because challenge leagues were full of eternal crafted op items that ruined their economy.
Best possible change ever !!

/AXT stock piling ET .... :D

I would even be after deactivating their usage on items for current ones on standard and hardcore. To save new bases from getting perfect rolls in 2 days of league.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Jul 6, 2015, 2:48:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info