Eternal Orbs

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I didnt expected that....
But it wont save Standard.
BiS items in temporary leagues, though, will be extremely hard to ontain :)

Make standard league "Legacy" and create new standard league. :)
Balls confirmed!
So dumb, you guys just keep killing things in the worst ways..
I'm dumb founded and perplexed by posts in this thread. I spotted some people saying that only reason they play STD is to buy godly mirror-worthy gear. Stupid me thinking to play the game because I enjoy my character and like to overcome challenges.

I never dropped Eternal. I rarely trade, if ever, so I will strive to get better slowly and steady. I still have plenty of space to get better stuff.

Now, many reasonable posts have been made here to remove mirrors and let Eternal orbs exist in the game to allow effective crafting to exist. This makes sense to me because I believe mirrors are the reason for uncontrollable power creep in STD. Spending many Eternal orbs to create one godly items is fine, spreading that item via mirrors in multiples is not so fine for game balance.

Last but not least, this further solidify many people decision to play in temporary leagues only. Fresh economy and new challenges every few months is what will fuel interest of those people, not Eternals or mirrors.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
"
loser19 wrote:
"
elvorette wrote:
What you should do is replace all current eternals with the current market price in exalts. That should fix the 1% mass crafting maraketh weapons in the coming update.

This.(might not seem fair and it kinda isn't but i think it's the closest to optimal solution).

Sigh. I'm hopefully only going to have to say this one time. What the upper 1% does with their currency is as much their own business as what you do with your currency. If they decide to make the next wave of t1 items then let them. The game needs to be rewarding for its faithful players, even if YOU don't like them. How would you like it if GGG just randomly decided to purge your account without your permission and without you doing a bannable offense? That's basically what this is suggesting. Oh, but it's okay because they're rich. Give me a break. Either it's equality for all, or nothing. I'd side on for equality. If you don't like it, well at least temp leagues don't have to worry about it.

The only way I might have approved of this concept, the only way, was if they didn't already have the precedent of letting items go legacy. Because then this would just be a nerf, rather than a what I'd consider a targetted strike at the rich.

It's not targetting the rich.... Not only rich people have eternals, even though some people may have stockpiled them. It's also not making 'rich' players worse off. It is giving them less opportunity to create top tier items in just under a few weeks of the update. Currency conversion to exalts would stop them ruining the market within weeks of the update, which is pretty much the intention of the removal of this currency. What's the point removing them completely if rich people have stockpiled them, waiting for the update to roll over? It would have achieved almost nothing.
you cant treat perm leagues and temp leagues the same, nor balance them the same....people play perm leagues between temp leagues, and crafting was big part of that....you just shooed away those people now.....

when i see your reasons why you introduced eternal orb in first place (for imprinting 5 links), i just cant believe how short sighted were you....most people understood for what eternals will be used the second you wrote anything about them.....you didnt

also today post....like 0 explanation.....why....you still after 2 years have no clue what you want.....nor where you are headed with this game....it's all just stabing in the dark.....

i know you cant give 1 normal, logical reason why you are removing eternals and leaving mirrors......not 1....because you dont know.....sigh
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"

before eternals, mirrors was not a problem at all, in the long run the game will become again like back in 2012-2013, mirrors won't be a problem at all

I agree with everything you said except for this, the game cant go back to that because items crafted with eternals will still exist and can still be mirrored, and without eternals there will be no way of making items better than those even with new mod tiers.

as i said in a previous post that has been quoted with " you are one of the players happy with this change because you are jelly" ( please check my profile or my guide )

in awakening nothing changes, the current mirrored gear will be the best, but if a day with act5 and new tier1 of ALL the mods, it will become like 2012-2013

the motivation to play the game thinking that you can identify a super good item that no one has is the best thing

with eternals, you find 1 rare item worth more than 10 exalted once a year because with the eternal crafting, the mediocre items are almost worthless

honestly I think the level of current mirror worthy gear, even with yet another addition of top tier mods its still going to be beyond what anyone can replicate without eternals. the rng is so high, nothing even remotely close to those items will ever drop and the chances of someone crafting something even equal to them, I just dont see it tbh. They can add another 2 tiers of mods on top of the new mods theyre already adding, no one is going to beat a loath bane with 3 yolo exalts, and for sure no one is ever going to drop a dagger like that.

I think theres 3 healthy possible situations for the item system:

1. mirrors exist and eternals never existed. This was a good situation in some regards, crafting was a bit bullshit with this system but the overall item situation was good when you look past crafting. however eternals have existed and we can never go back to this situation.

2. eternals exist but mirrors do not. This means people can craft and have projects but you cant craft 1 item for endless mass profit any more, so theres no point brute forcing a perfect item unless you want it for yourself. Right now theres so many loath banes, at any given time theres probably 30-40 for sale and many more living in happy homes. Theres no way so many perfect daggers would exist with no mirrors, 3 or 4 guys having a perfect ambusher isnt really a problem in the same way dozzens upon dozzens of people having them is and basically a never ending potential supply of them being produced with mirrors... If a perfect item was just a single item then its existence would not be a big deal.

3. both eternals and mirrors dont exist. Crafting is back to being a bit bullshit so thats a bad thing but ultimately item drops go back to being strong and on the whole the item situation is fixed.

Only 2 of those situations are possible and neither involve the continued existence of mirrors. Mirrors make eternals bullshit, and eternals make mirrors bullshit. You cant undo the fact that eternals have existed and items that are otherwise impossible regardless of new tiers of mods exist as a result. Removing eternals cant remove their harm, imo the only way to make the situation better is for mirrors to go, eternals can either stay or also go, but we can never get back to the situation before eternals were introduced.

Mirrored 1h weapons are like 500-550 pdps, people at beast can find like 300-350 pdps 1h weapons, Ive found maybe 2 or 3 weapons in that range with well over 8000 hours played. Youd have to power creep mods so that 800+ pdps 1h weapons exist with 450% increased physical damage etc before youd even have a situation where 8k hours played would let you find a 500+ pdps 1h weapon. Its not realistic to ever expect drops to match or beat current mirror level gear, they would have to truly destroy all our current items and make the variance of item mods so ridiculous I dont think it would even make sense. People already think theres too much of a gap between a white item and a perfect item in terms of phys damage, energy shield, armour etc, and tbh they have a point, its extreme, dunno if I agree its a problem yet but its close.
I have always thought Mirror and Eternal orbs should have not existed together, but I feel like the clear choice would have been disabling mirror drops. Players should be able to perfect their gear, but not duplicate it once it's become one of the best items in the game. I think this is a good change, but it would have been better to keep eternals and disable mirrors.
would have preferred mirrors being removed instead but this is still cool
"
elvorette wrote:

It's not targetting the rich.... Not only rich people have eternals, even though some people may have stockpiled them. It's also not making 'rich' players worse off. It is giving them less opportunity to create top tier items in just under a few weeks of the update. Currency conversion to exalts would stop them ruining the market within weeks of the update, which is pretty much the intention of the removal of this currency. What's the point removing them completely if rich people have stockpiled them, waiting for the update to roll over? It would have achieved almost nothing.

in first day people will get to lvl 82 maps, and those super rich people will start with alt-augm-regal process.....in 10 days tops, there will be items with 4-5 atleast T1 affixes.....even if they would remove eternals this would happen, and mirror worthy gear would become available in less then 20 days.... you cant stop that in perma leagues.....removing eternals didnt fix anything......it just made mirror gear 10 times more expensive....because you know, mirrors

as for temp leagues this change have 0 influence, so its not importnat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info