Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Honestly doesnt chance the paradigm at all that you wish to change. Everyone will still want enlighten now to run more aura just like they wanted Reduced Mana. What it does change is more auras are harder to obtain if Enlighten stays at current exp rate - widening the gap between wealthy characters and less wealthy ones.

This is a nerf to the bottom 90% no change to top 10%

You missed out that it outright slays some builds with top tier rare items for the 1%. You don't care about that.

I doubt 1% has mirrors but even so they are not destroyed - sell and buy appropriate colors.
Git R Dun!
"
Where did GGG's commitment to not destroy existing setups go?

It didn't go anywhere, they never made such a promise. 'We will never delete your characters and items in permanent leagues' is entirely different.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Or you can forget about enlighten use a different skill gem instead and enjoy basically the same experience albeit with other changes to aid your build. Let the changes happen, i promise you its a wondrous journey through a PoE beta.

And are YOU going to give me enough Exalts to replace those I used to purchase Reduced Mana gems and Chromatics and Alpha's Howls and other things that had to do with auras now that you ruined all of my builds, so I can buy and enjoy using something else?

No? I didn't think so. YOU can go use something else. I want to keep using what I already paid for. Exalts don't drop from trees for me.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on May 8, 2015, 8:30:18 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Honestly doesnt chance the paradigm at all that you wish to change. Everyone will still want enlighten now to run more aura just like they wanted Reduced Mana. What it does change is more auras are harder to obtain if Enlighten stays at current exp rate - widening the gap between wealthy characters and less wealthy ones.

This is a nerf to the bottom 90% no change to top 10%

You missed out that it outright slays some builds with top tier rare items for the 1%. You don't care about that.

I doubt 1% has mirrors but even so they are not destroyed - sell and buy appropriate colors.

It's no inconvenience to the top 1% then.. I'm sure every body who has fine tuned a build with mirrored items will just relish the news that the builds they endeavoured for tirelessly have to be salvaged as parts to sell for a new model. That said, I'm sure most of those people will take it in their stride with the due gusto.
Make Things For Smile!
best suggestion ever

LISTEN guys
we need vendor recipe for 2 reduced mana gems 20/20 quality we get lvl 3 enlighten clear
ign - FancySneakyDevil
"
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Or you can forget about enlighten use a different skill gem instead and enjoy basically the same experience albeit with other changes to aid your build. Let the changes happen, i promise you its a wondrous journey through a PoE beta.

And are YOU going to give me enough Exalts to replace those I used to purchase Reduced Mana gems and Chromatics and Alpha's Howls and other things that had to do with auras now that you ruined all of my builds, so I can buy and enjoy using something else?

No? I didn't think so. YOU can go use something else. I want to keep using what I already paid for. Exalts don't drop from trees for me.

How are your builds ruined? Are you saying you cant function w one less aura? I can turn two of mine off and still do 78 maps. Actually I could turn all 4 off. Dont need clarity (was only needed for AA), the 2 heralds (just DPS boost), the purity of ice (just 5% more cold resits)
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 8:31:36 AM
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
Good change, will help out the 99% of people directly and make the 1% have to resort to an expensive option to remain elite.

Of course the 1% are VERY noisy so that is what is creating all the board drama.

Sure thing, this change will leave these 99% you mentioned without any chance for elite build in this game but these 1% will ramain the same as before just by buying several lv4 enlightments and some change gear.

This is the most stupid idea i've seen from GGG in 2 years.

The result of this = nothing will change
IGN: Summonium
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

How are your builds ruined? Are you saying you cant function w one less aura? I can turn two of mine off and still do 78 maps. Actually I could turn all 4 off. Dont need clarity (was only needed for AA), the 2 heralds (just DPS boost), the purity of ice (just 5% more cold resits)

My builds are ruined because I actually LIKE my elemental wander, elemental reave, Grace-PoF-Vitality-lvl20 RM, lowlife auramancer RF, Aegis Aurora and the other things that actually use auras.

My builds are ruined because Chroming an Alpha's howl to 2r1b1g is rather HARD. Not to mention getting good corrupts on top.

My builds are ruined because I ENJOY the playstyle of buffing myself up with reservation costs. Just because some of YOU don't like that it's mandatory doesn't mean that there are NO other people who enjoy it.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on May 8, 2015, 8:35:18 AM
"
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Why would it be my job to do that? You are unreasonably hostile about this change, don't you understand it affects everyone in beta? You act like this is the only change you have seen in PoE. The game changes, bro.
Make Things For Smile!
WTF come on GGG you are smarter than this. This is not a good change at all. Let people run aura based chars if they want. Making enlighten the new reduced mana gem is beyond dumb. They take forever to level are super rare and very expensive.

Bad change is bad.
IGN: mEeEta, HoodedOrder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info