Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Or you can forget about enlighten use a different skill gem instead and enjoy basically the same experience albeit with other changes to aid your build. Let the changes happen, i promise you its a wondrous journey through a PoE beta.

And are YOU going to give me enough Exalts to replace those I used to purchase Reduced Mana gems and Chromatics and Alpha's Howls and other things that had to do with auras now that you ruined all of my builds, so I can buy and enjoy using something else?

No? I didn't think so. YOU can go use something else. I want to keep using what I already paid for. Exalts don't drop from trees for me.

Why would it be my job to do that? You are unreasonably hostile about this change, don't you understand it affects everyone in beta? You act like this is the only change you have seen in PoE. The game changes, bro.

[Removed by Support]. I respect other peoples' right to enjoy what they enjoy. You don't. You're advocating that the playstyle that I enjoy should be removed from the game or made inaccessible unless you're rich, all the while also advocating that it's fine that all the currency I spent on this playstyle will just disappear, leaving me incapable of playing. Yeah, I'm hostile. [Removed by Support]
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by Rachel on May 8, 2015, 8:51:35 AM
"
Rory wrote:
It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.

I highly doubt that the new Enlighten will be any less impactful or necessary than the old Reduced Mana.
"

Where did GGG's commitment to not destroy existing setups go?

They never made such a commitment. Playing on perm leagues is pointless, GGG is making sure of that. Take it from someone who plays on Standard.
"
I respect other peoples' right to enjoy what they enjoy.

And what if I enjoy fixing my chars after changes like this? :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
toyotatundra wrote:

Playing on perm leagues is pointless, GGG is making sure of that. Take it from someone who plays on Standard.

Not just standard.
Temp leagues will feel this nerf as well. Most of us who have lives will firstly not have the currency to buy and secondly not have the time to level a bunch of enlighten gems to 3 in the span of a temp league. Especially in hardcore.
Last edited by AmnEl on May 8, 2015, 8:55:42 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
I respect other peoples' right to enjoy what they enjoy.

And what if I enjoy fixing my chars after changes like this? :)

Indeed at the end of the day keeps things interesting. Still doesnt change paradigm though unlike what Rory said. Enlighten is just new reduced mana. Just as desired just as helpful.
Git R Dun!
"

[Removed by Support]. I respect other peoples' right to enjoy what they enjoy. You don't. You're advocating that the playstyle that I enjoy should be removed from the game or made inaccessible unless you're rich, all the while also advocating that it's fine that all the currency I spent on this playstyle will just disappear, leaving me incapable of playing. Yeah, I'm hostile. [Removed by Support]

I'm advocating for nothing. I'm embracing changes in the game and adapting. I am also not showing irrational hostility over something that is most definitely not set in stone. The fact of the matter is it just has to be tested. There is basically nothing to be gained by sitting on the forums complaining about it. I reckon they need accurate, concise information on this matter and not just opinions on what it will do to peoples builds in standard on live.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by Support on May 8, 2015, 9:03:44 AM
yep, this also affects all my characters and after the tree reset it will take hours to sort things out... i like it.

And think about the new leagues.. to min-max (some)builds, you (possibly) need to level Enlighten...gives you that nice goal to aim for (btw which is faster, level 100 or level Enlighten, if you carry it with you from level 1 and run only 77/78 maps?).

This change could meanthat you must now choose your auras/gear/skills more carefully and switch them depending what you are facing, this kinda situational gameplay has been slowly fading away, most people just 1-click spam something and use CwDT(yeah this is fun too).

1 solution to this would be that maps under 70 remains easy enough that you can just stand still and spam your main skill, but 70+ should require atleast a few braincells(and many quick fingers) to clear them.

ugh!
d:-D*
"

If this change rolls into live, you might as well wipe my, and others, characters and stashes on SC - because practically EVERY character I have will be useless. I might just quit. I'm considering buying access into beta although I have no time to test or play it, just to make a bunch of threads against this in the beta forums.

Calm down and roll proper build.

My low life Shavs builds are unaffected by this change, and due to Discipline cost reduction and possible new reservation reduction passives, can end up having even more auras.

PoE econmeh needs peasants farming for GGG white knight in their shiny Shavs, no auras for screwed!

Spoiler
Yes, it was sarcasm. Yes, I'm taking a break anyway, so don't care.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on May 8, 2015, 9:04:37 AM
So basically, you're making a pointless change to auras, forcing people to spend points in reduced aura reservation nodes just to run multiple auras despite the fact that the few extra points we get are already gone just due to traveling past jewels, and everyone but melee is seriously lacking defences with it being difficult to invest in them in tree anymore than we already could, then you are taking the reduced mana gem and turning it into a rare and difficult to level gem that only few people will ever get to maximum level.

All you've done is force aura nodes or enlighten on people, nobody is going to just drop auras because you made it a little harder to run, and no, nobody is taking EB because it's garbage, especially with MoM, which makes the only decent caster defence left Hybrid.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on May 8, 2015, 9:06:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info