Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

I don't really understand what everyone's on about with Enlighten "replacing" Reduced Mana. There's obviously a big difference in availability there which everyone is clearly aware of, but seems to be denying in the same breath.

For the most part, you won't run Enlighten in place of Reduced Mana, because you won't have one (especially not a fully levelled and/or corrupted one). The auras and other mana-reserving skills can then be balanced around the notion that you don't have one, because not enough of them will exist for the balance in remaining cases to matter.

I like the idea of not needing Reduced Mana to run mana-reserving skills, and I don't really give a damn about whether Enlighten reduces reservation, because I won't likely find one in any given league, and even if I do, I might not even bother with it, unless it comes in some insanely lucky gemcutter's box pre-levelled form.
Yea... No.
whats the point of destroying one gem (RM) and change it with another gem for the same idea ??? This is most stupid idea so far.

Sometimes i wish GGG would not introduced these jewels, because by introducing them , they just nerf every other game aspect so we can now get these buffs from new jewels and get absolutely same results in the end.

IGN: Summonium
this way you just make reduced mana useless instead of enlighten. breaking one to make another viable, bad way to balance stuff. Also everyone will need to reroll socket colors. xD
"
MesostelZe wrote:
I don't really understand what everyone's on about with Enlighten "replacing" Reduced Mana. There's obviously a big difference in availability there which everyone is clearly aware of, but seems to be denying in the same breath.

For the most part, you won't run Enlighten in place of Reduced Mana, because you won't have one (especially not a fully levelled and/or corrupted one). The auras and other mana-reserving skills can then be balanced around the notion that you don't have one, because not enough of them will exist for the balance in remaining cases to matter.

I like the idea of not needing Reduced Mana to run mana-reserving skills, and I don't really give a damn about whether Enlighten reduces reservation, because I won't likely find one in any given league, and even if I do, I might not even bother with it, unless it comes in some insanely lucky gemcutter's box pre-levelled form.

Funnily I think it's an issue similar to with mjolner and other high tier stuff, that lack of availability and relative expense to the average player has them wishing the item never ever existed.
Make Things For Smile!
Honestly doesnt chance the paradigm at all that you wish to change. Everyone will still want enlighten now to run more aura just like they wanted Reduced Mana. What it does change is more auras are harder to obtain if Enlighten stays at current exp rate - widening the gap between wealthy characters and less wealthy ones.

This is a nerf to the bottom 90% no change to top 10%

Enlighten is not like empower where there are alternatives for more DPS some even better than empower like cold to fire in a cold build. It's still universal and desired by all like RM was.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 8:12:37 AM
Good change, will help out the 99% of people directly and make the 1% have to resort to an expensive option to remain elite.

Of course the 1% are VERY noisy so that is what is creating all the board drama.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Honestly doesnt chance the paradigm at all that you wish to change. Everyone will still want enlighten now to run more aura just like they wanted Reduced Mana. What it does change is more auras are harder to obtain if Enlighten stays at current exp rate - widening the gap between wealthy characters and less wealthy ones.

This is a nerf to the bottom 90% no change to top 10%

You missed out that it outright slays some builds with top tier rare items for the 1%. You don't care about that.
Make Things For Smile!
This is one of the WORST changes I've seen. It trumps ruining EB by MILES and MILES.

Where did GGG's commitment to not destroy existing setups go? So now I have to start purchasing Enlighten gems to make up for all the reduced mana gems I have on my standard characters? I have to recolor all my Alpha's Howls after getting 3-4 off color on them, including the corrupted ones which will cost me all the money I have? I have to vendor all my Reduced Mana gems because they're all worthless? What about the ones that are level 20 or corrupted? Nice way to absolutely destroy a bunch of peoples' wealth. I'm absolutely certain that even if the mana reservation costs on Auras are reduced to match losing Reduced Mana, they won't be low enough to enable builds like Ele buzzsaw to work without Enlighten, therefore meaning that all those items that have been chromed and corrupted are now worthless.

Besides, why make it EASIER for characters to run auras without reduced mana? I thought the game was supposed to be hardcore? Running like 1 Aura and 2 Heralds is already possible without Reduced Mana if you just take one Aura cluster. Reduced Mana is only needed for min-maxing, or characters that want to run more Auras or have more free mana.

If this change rolls into live, you might as well wipe my, and others, characters and stashes on SC - because practically EVERY character I have will be useless. I might just quit. I'm considering buying access into beta although I have no time to test or play it, just to make a bunch of threads against this in the beta forums.

Spoiler
This is why I never support companies that make free games anymore. Sure, I'm thankful for the playtime - but you're ALWAYS a bunch of amateurs when it comes to balancing or considering what changes will do to people already playing this game. It's always like this. The rich players can afford to re-gear around changes, the poor just can't play anymore, and I always feel like I gave money to people who screwed me over.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on May 8, 2015, 8:19:31 AM
"
This is one of the WORST changes I've seen. It trumps ruining EB by MILES and MILES.

Where did GGG's commitment to not destroy existing setups go? So now I have to start purchasing Enlighten gems to make up for all the reduced mana gems I have on my standard characters? I have to recolor all my Alpha's Howls after getting 3-4 off color on them, including the corrupted ones which will cost me all the money I have? I have to vendor all my Reduced Mana gems because they're all worthless? What about the ones that are level 20 or corrupted? Nice way to absolutely destroy a bunch of peoples' wealth. I'm absolutely certain that even if the mana reservation costs on Auras are reduced to match losing Reduced Mana, they won't be low enough to enable builds like Ele buzzsaw to work without Enlighten, therefore meaning that all those items that have been chromed and corrupted are now worthless.

Besides, why make it EASIER for characters to run auras without reduced mana? I thought the game was supposed to be hardcore? Running like 1 Aura and 2 Heralds is already possible without Reduced Mana if you just take one Aura cluster. Reduced Mana is only needed for min-maxing, or characters that want to run more Auras or have more free mana.

If this change rolls into live, you might as well wipe my, and others, characters and stashes on SC - because practically EVERY character I have will be useless.

Or you can forget about enlighten use a different skill gem instead and enjoy basically the same experience albeit with other changes to aid your build. Let the changes happen, i promise you its a wondrous journey through a PoE beta.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 8:19:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info