Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
TheMaker51 wrote:
"
MrZimz wrote:
Why not introduce with the maraketh weapons, a new maraketh item, called "maraketh bracers".

Maraketh Bracers:

Implicit Mod: Global Reduced Aura Reservation xx%
(higher reduction for the highest lvl requirement)

3 Prefixes

3 Suffixes

My Idea for Prefixes and Suffixes, create something completely different for this, some normal Affixes and some build changing or some new ones that only appear on breacers.
So we have less gems used for auras and more space for other gems to use. GGG would be able to create with this new base item some new Affixes.

examples: increased Cold/Fire/Chaos/Lightning Damage
increases the damage of skill x by x%
damage conversion
leech? dodge/evade? block? max resi? movementspeed? attackspeed? accuracy?
give a skill gem an additional mechanic

yeah it would be easier for players to reduce auras Reservation, but maybe a better solution plus u could create with a new base item new Affixes that only appear to this base and give something totally new that couldnt be implented before.

So instead of a change to how much auras reserve at their base or how gems reduce this amount, you propose a completely new item base with unprecedented intrinsic properties that change based on the gems socketed in it and having its random modifiers be on the level of jewels, uniques, and corrupted items?
Don't mean to be a dick here, I appreciate your creativity and how much thought you put into your response, but too many things stack against this being a good solution.

thx for ur Response, was just a fast idea that is not a gem
yeah it would need a lot of testing, the idea with new Affixes can be skipped if it is too much work/Balance then give it only 2 prefixes and 2 Affixes and nothing game/skill changing mechanic, some new Affixes would be nice

with this new base item ppl can skip the RM for auras and open 1 gem Slot for something other
"
Lord_Zeto wrote:
Seriously?
I made an EB build in the beta and before that patch I could perfectly fit in one herald, one big aura (hatred) and discipline.
Now I'm left with discipline (which I need for EB) and just one Aura.
This makes EB useless.
Seems to me you're breaking your own balancing here.

I'm still using EB. I haven't bothered to use discipline at all with EB as I don't see the need for my build. Im reserving 100% of my mana with 3 reserving bodies (Anger, Herald, Herald).

It seems to me it's not yet useless just niche as it should be.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 5:49:24 AM
"
AmnEl wrote:
Anyway, after the EB massacre I thought the worst of the nerfs were behind us. Seems we were only scratching the surface.

Even though we are excited to see the new content, we probably won't be so excited when we realise that many builds we have worked hard to make and fund will be broken now. In addition, even though there is more content now, there seems to be a tendency to make end game much harder now.

So the idea is, enjoy doing the questing until much higher levels. However if you wanna get to end game maps, that will probably be a different story.
"
phmn wrote:
"
AmnEl wrote:
Anyway, after the EB massacre I thought the worst of the nerfs were behind us. Seems we were only scratching the surface.

Even though we are excited to see the new content, we probably won't be so excited when we realise that many builds we have worked hard to make and fund will be broken now. In addition, even though there is more content now, there seems to be a tendency to make end game much harder now.

So the idea is, enjoy doing the questing until much higher levels. However if you wanna get to end game maps, that will probably be a different story.

I dont think so. one less aura wont stop from beating atziri or even uber in any of my builds. Maps certainly not. Realistically all auras do is enhance builds unless you rely on immunities like 100% lightning and fire to get job done.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 6:04:30 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
phmn wrote:
"
AmnEl wrote:

I dont think so. one less aura wont stop from beating atziri or even uber in any of my builds. Maps certainly not. Realistically all auras do is enhance builds unless you rely on immunities like 100% lightning and fire to get job done.

It's not about Atziri (which probably will be less important in the new meta anyway). One aura can make an important difference.

For example I have a lightning coil build where I have: purity of lightning, hatred and herald of ash. There is only a small amount of mana remaining so that the build can currently work.

Now I will have two choices: drop one of these (perhaps herald of ash) or buy a very expensive leveled enlighten gem.

Of course my point referred to many parts that are being nerfed like EB, AOE etc. I understand that there is a need to rebalance the game. However it is clear that for many existing builds you will have to make important changes for them to work (if at all).

Another example is the elemental buzzsaw build. Without reduced mana you can't run wrath, anger and haste.

The main complaint in this thread is that it makes one element of the game only accessible to elit players or players who use RMT, making the economy even more ridiculous.

Of course there may be buffs (like jewels and others) that may compensate for some of the changes. So we need to see what will happen.
I have no sympathy for perm enact league builds and embrace a new meta.

I am going to repeat what many have said though. Having Enlighten do this job is a huge mistake. If the gem is the difference between an extra uara, it will be considered the most powerful and mandatory gem in the game just like its predecessor. The difference is that many new people will never have access to a level 3 version.

You won't be able to see the difference between have and have nots on beta.
maybe the devs should go for a challenge and see how fast they can lvl enlighten to lvl3 and corrupt it to lvl4 so they can get the data on first hands
"
phmn wrote:
Now I will have two choices: drop one of these (perhaps herald of ash) or buy a very expensive leveled enlighten gem.

Yeah, that's it, most builds have an aura they can live without. From a developer point of view 'i picked this because I need it the most' is much more preferable to 'because why the hell not'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
phmn wrote:

Yeah, that's it, most builds have an aura they can live without. From a developer point of view 'i picked this because I need it the most' is much more preferable to 'because why the hell not'.

Sure but the point is that this is a direct nerf to auras but with an option to support more auras for somone who gets very end game and want the best out of the build.

Again I understand that using reduced mana in almost every build like now is not healthy. But I am just dissappointed in that I have to probably give up on many builds I have made already and focus on the new league.

From the one hand this may be more healthy I guess. Reminds me of the nerf of kite shields. I didn't like the nerf back then because they were so convenient. Eventually though this made the use of other types of shields a good option. Before that using a kite shield was a no brainer.
Last edited by phmn on May 8, 2015, 6:50:10 AM
Ill just post this here copied from reddit

Lvl 4 enlighten worse than 21 RM
"
According to http://cb.poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Enlighten, we now need a lvl 4 Enlighten alongside the new reserve changes to reach 44% reserve from a (originally) 60% aura (50%*0.88 = 44). On live, a lvl 21 reduced mana (x70%) will take a 60% reserved aura down to 42%.

So we need an incredibly rare, soon to be highly-in-demand gem to not even reach pre-change levels.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 6:52:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info