[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
ufreshbro wrote:
What do you think, is a 6l body armor with 100 life needed, as this is really expensive in breach atm.

Definitely not. A Tabula or Bringer of Rain is just fine. For lower levels, a 5-link chest (even white) that costs 1 chaos is fine.
"
Venezuela wrote:
Ohh okay Sov, I'm thinking on changing my Aurora for a Lioneye's as soon as I hit level 70, maybe I can get more advantages from it than I do from Aurora

Aegis Aurora is nice as long as you don't mind keeping a granite flask active most of the time. The passive armour and life from lioneye's is fine too though.
How about the new Breach shield, The Surrender? Is it better than Aegis Aurora?
"
andrew8448 wrote:
How about the new Breach shield, The Surrender? Is it better than Aegis Aurora?

They are about the same.

With Aegis, I can get 340 es/sec with granite flask up and I have that 900 ES extra total "life" most of the time to counter one-shots or reflect. (actually there is about 700 difference between the budget and premium gear examples.) There is a little damage and resists on it too.

With Surrender, you get 250 life every block without having to worry about keeping a granite flask going. You also get higher armour for any small physical type damage although that is probably fairly useless for endgame content. You get a little damage with over cap reckoning for your curse on hit and a spare slot for blind or something. I can't recommend it yet because of the cost. It's not worth 10x the cost of other shield choices in my opinion.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Venezuela wrote:
Ohh okay Sov, I'm thinking on changing my Aurora for a Lioneye's as soon as I hit level 70, maybe I can get more advantages from it than I do from Aurora

Aegis Aurora is nice as long as you don't mind keeping a granite flask active most of the time. The passive armour and life from lioneye's is fine too though.

Hi again Sov, tested and even tho with Lioneyes i have more life and armor... I have way more survivability with Aurora so for me Aurora is a keeper...

Heres the items I'm using at the moment and the jewels I'll use in some levels

Spoiler
and for the look

and this are the jewels I got

Spoiler

I'm just wondering... with the recommended skill tree you posted; your block chance is 75% all the time? or 72+3 from tempest shield? sorry if you already answered that question by the way
Wthyr
"
Venezuela wrote:
I'm just wondering... with the recommended skill tree you posted; your block chance is 75% all the time? or 72+3 from tempest shield? sorry if you already answered that question by the way

It's 72/72 at rest, but tempest shield is up nearly all the time when in combat for 75/75%.

It is possible to get 75% at rest but more expensive. Not worth it IMO.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Venezuela wrote:

It's 72/72 at rest, but tempest shield is up nearly all the time when in combat for 75/75%.

It is possible to get 75% at rest but more expensive. Not worth it IMO.

Ohh ok Sov, thanks a lot for your help man
Wthyr
Thank you sovyn. Speed leveling atm. Your gear is kinda sick tho, that gloves are pretty badass. :D

I dont think i can reach those armor values at all in breach, but we will see how much of a difference this will make. :)
"
ufreshbro wrote:
Thank you sovyn. Speed leveling atm. Your gear is kinda sick tho, that gloves are pretty badass. :D

I dont think i can reach those armor values at all in breach, but we will see how much of a difference this will make. :)

I probably should put some less nice gloves in the budget setup. Those didn't cost me much, but not everyone would be so lucky.

Armour only mitigates small physical hits unless you make a build that specializes in armour. So, while it's good to have some armour, in most endgame content, small physical hits are not what you would be worried about. None the less, if you can stand nursing a granite flask of iron skin all the time, it's not a bad idea, especially with aegis, as the flask would be your main source of armour.
Yeah I am approaching maps now.
Thought about getting the scourge, as this seems with its as a really good weapon for blade flurry.
Do you have experience with the scourge?

Merry christmas btw. have a good one :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info