[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thanks for posting the guide Sovyn. I saw it linked from a youtube video and it brought me back to POE after not playing for years. Loving the experience so far, the build is very accessible and the guide is great. Especially for me, did'nt play D2 and don't know anyone else who plays POE so I struggle with the depth of knowledge needed for the game!

Quick question, is +elemental dmg (rings/amu etc) virtually useless? How much better is +physical dmg (x3?x10?). I've got three pieces with +ele dmg and I'm trying to replace with +phys and don't know how to compare the two at the moment.
"
Ambika wrote:
Quick question, is +elemental dmg (rings/amu etc) virtually useless? How much better is +physical dmg (x3?x10?). I've got three pieces with +ele dmg and I'm trying to replace with +phys and don't know how to compare the two at the moment.

Here's the not-so-quick answer. The difference may be larger with other skills, but with blade flurry:

5459 average hit, no ring

6-9 physical ring: 5692 average hit

14% elemental damage ring: 5535

12-20 cold damage ring: 5514

210 accuracy ring: 5585

These are normal mods, not top range, that you will find on everyday equipment. You can see that even a modest accuracy roll is better than elemental.

serious ring for reference...(400 accuracy + 4-9 physical): 5857

----

7% attack speed ring : attack time 0.23 -> 0.22

Formula to determine maximum dps..... ((1 / 0.23) * 5459) * (1 + 1.2)) = 52217

vs.

((1 / 0.22) * 5459) * (1 + 1.2)) = 54589

So the 7% speed ring offers 2372 dps.

vs. the best of the rest, the 6-9 physical....

((1 / 0.23) * 5692) * (1 + 1.2)) = 54445

So, it's close, but the attack speed mod wins by a narrow margin in this example.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 20, 2016, 4:36:36 PM
So can this build do atziri or uber lab or al least 2 easiest breachlords? A huge amount of uniques it uses is worrying me.
"
Tetrahom wrote:
So can this build do atziri or uber lab or al least 2 easiest breachlords? A huge amount of uniques it uses is worrying me.

Yes, of course. The uniques are all very inexpensive. If you mean low life, yes, kind of, that's your choice, you can use high life rares instead for a few hundred more life, I go for max block as it is equivalent to a huge amount of life in most situations. It's a valid alternative.
Thanks, that was really helpful. If you have a chance I'd love it if you could give some tips on what to upgrade next on my gear. I've got 100-250c-ish to spend, was thinking of replacing my breach ring with one with good accuracy roll on it. Any thoughts?
"
Ambika wrote:
Thanks, that was really helpful. If you have a chance I'd love it if you could give some tips on what to upgrade next on my gear. I've got 100-250c-ish to spend, was thinking of replacing my breach ring with one with good accuracy roll on it. Any thoughts?

I would suggest unless you use an aegis to replace melee damage on full life with weapon elemental damage. It would be more consistent damage. The only problem is elemental reflect rares because ice crash is a very slow hard hitting skill.

You could replace the breach ring with a romira's banquet. The accuracy, crit, and especially the power charges really make it a high damage addition.

If you stay with ice crash, you should try a doryani's catalyst. Leech, crit, more damage.
Yo Sovyn great build, question time: do you think it is worth to spend in a Varunastra? or the scaeva will do fine at higher lvs?
Wthyr
"
Venezuela wrote:
Yo Sovyn great build, question time: do you think it is worth to spend in a Varunastra? or the scaeva will do fine at higher lvs?

Little or no advantage to Varunastra over Scaeva.
What do you think, is a 6l body armor with 100 life needed, as this is really expensive in breach atm.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Venezuela wrote:

Little or no advantage to Varunastra over Scaeva.

Ohh okay Sov, I'm thinking on changing my Aurora for a Lioneye's as soon as I hit level 70, maybe I can get more advantages from it than I do from Aurora
Wthyr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info