[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
ufreshbro wrote:
Yeah I am approaching maps now.
Thought about getting the scourge, as this seems with its as a really good weapon for blade flurry.
Do you have experience with the scourge?

Merry christmas btw. have a good one :)

I haven't tried the scourge as it seems expensive for a 235 pdps weapon. I suppose the 12% attack speed and 70% increased damage (additive not multiplicative) would add something to the mix, I would guess around 15% more damage, based on experience. Therefore we can assume it wouldn't be necessarily be better than binos's or scaeva, which are much less costly.

Happy holidays to you as well.
How often do you have 3 endurance charges? I can only seem to generate one charge most of the time.
"
brianbrian wrote:
How often do you have 3 endurance charges? I can only seem to generate one charge most of the time.

I'm usually killing stuff too quickly for bringer of rain to do much in terms of endurance charges. It's only a 20% chance when you block. So when you get hit, there is a 15% chance you would get a charge. I just don't get hit that much when clearing. You can see the last video I posted. I was using Ice crash back then and things were frozen and packs died in less than a second, so no chance that I would get hit, therefore almost zero chance of gaining an endurance charge.

In the other scenario, i.e.,
you will see a higher chance of gaining charges while clearing trash because it's based on your hits, but less chance of gaining a charge during a boss fight as we may not do enough damage in one shot to stun a unique boss, unless vastly overleveled and overgeared for the encounter.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
brianbrian wrote:

I'm usually killing stuff too quickly for bringer of rain to do much in terms of endurance charges. It's only a 20% chance when you block. So when you get hit, there is a 15% chance you would get a charge. I just don't get hit that much when clearing. You can see the last video I posted. I was using Ice crash back then and things were frozen and packs died in less than a second, so no chance that I would get hit, therefore almost zero chance of gaining an endurance charge.

In the other scenario, i.e.,
you will see a higher chance of gaining charges while clearing trash because it's based on your hits, but less chance of gaining a charge during a boss fight as we may not do enough damage in one shot to stun a unique boss, unless vastly overleveled and overgeared for the encounter.

Yeah I'm using your premium setup with the Endurance Charge on Melee Stun in the helm. I guess I'm not stunning enough (?) since I usually only see 1 endurance charge when clearing maps.

And I just realized the Granite Flask you linked is legacy. Those things are expensive! LOL. How do you think the non-legacy Granite Flasks will do? THe non-legacy Granite only grants 20% chance to refill a charge on crit but the crit chance is not very high in this build. Would we be better off just using the unique +3000 flask? I think it's Lions Roar. It also adds 35% melee damage on use.
Last edited by brianbrian on Dec 24, 2016, 3:36:36 PM
I am wondering how you achieve 4.5k life with ur Premium setup. I have similar rollson my eq and get like 3.7k atm. I dont see any passive nodes which will chwnge this also. Any tips?
"
brianbrian wrote:
And I just realized the Granite Flask you linked is legacy. Those things are expensive! LOL. How do you think the non-legacy Granite Flasks will do? THe non-legacy Granite only grants 20% chance to refill a charge on crit but the crit chance is not very high in this build. Would we be better off just using the unique +3000 flask? I think it's Lions Roar. It also adds 35% melee damage on use.

Well that flask didn't cost me anything since I made it myself a while back.

I don't really use it as much as I should, so 100% on crit or 20% on crit wouldn't matter much for me. I also have a Lion's Roar and I probably use that more. It's handy to knock bosses back and just blast them down with blade flurry. Nice combo.

By the way you can be critting every other hit with this build with a bino's or good rare. I wouldn't say that's a low chance. Don't forget Righteous Providence's "100% increased critical strike chance against enemies that are affected by no elemental status ailments," that perk wouldn't be showing up on your tooltip/character sheet.
"
ufreshbro wrote:
I am wondering how you achieve 4.5k life with ur Premium setup. I have similar rollson my eq and get like 3.7k atm. I dont see any passive nodes which will chwnge this also. Any tips?

You could make your character tab public or link your gear, but suffice it to say that if you have similar levels and gear and life passives, your will have the same life totals. It's really paint by numbers.

I would take a guess that you are a little bit lower level and that's why.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Life

"
Every class starts out with 50 Life and have the following character stats

+12 Life per Level

Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 24, 2016, 4:59:31 PM
I'm 83 in BHC and have 4.3k life with a low roll bringer, rainbow and the spell block Ammy.
I forgot considering the 12 life per level *facepalm*. Getting roughly 180life morethrough Levels pretty much equals that. Thank you!
Thanks for the guide Sovyn!

Using your "Premium" setup as an example, i'm really struggling to max out block. There are no corrupted Stone of Lazhwar Lapis Amulets with added block ever listed on PoE trade, and i haven't been able to make one myself. But even with the amulet and all relevant skills active.. the math doesn't quite add up. How are you getting 75% on both your blocks in this build? Its easy with bringer of rain, but I want to use a chest piece.

:Edit:

Nevermind, I found where some passives were re-allocated later on.

Last edited by Grit78 on Dec 24, 2016, 8:39:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info