[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I was rolling fusings on a level 75, 12% implicit Astral Plate that has 6 sockets, just playing the lottery to try to get a 6L. I didn't get it of course, but I did get to a 5L (way more expensive than just buying a 5L Astral, but if I had lucked out and hit the 6L it would have been jackpot, so whatever), and I'm leaving it alone for now. I rolled a few Chaos on it and got it to this state:

That's not bad, but in that state I don't think it's competitive with my 5L Belly of the Beast, since I lose about 500 life in exchange for a modest resistance upgrade (mainly just the Chaos resistance, although the overall increase in resistances might make me more flexible in other slots). I think the best craft I could put on it would be Armor multiplier.

But I was wondering how realistic it would be to keep trying for rolls that would actually be better than the Belly. Like if I got ~100 life (I think level 75 can get that), a good armor multiplier, and a good resistance roll, with an open slot to craft, it would be better than the Belly, I think. But it seems as if it would be tough to get that. It's fun to craft, so that's a side benefit, but I have a feeling I'd just end up blowing a bunch of Chaos Orbs without much to show for it. Any opinion on that?
Last edited by Kamina100 on Aug 9, 2015, 6:33:41 AM
Ok.. so I just aquired a cheap 0L 40% life belly for 3 ex. I was thinking, instead of paying 25ex for a 6L 40% belly i'd might aswell try out my luck. So I did. ~250 jeweller's to get 6 sockets. After 10 fusings I got my first 5L, and I was like.. hmm should I sell it and profit or yolo for 6L? After 60 fusings the 6L popped for me. Very lucky, compared to http://www.twitch.tv/peanut13188guy who spent 1557 fusings to get his 6L.

The belly gives me +473hp compared to my 108hp chest, which is quite substantional. Also the increased flask life recovery rate should not be shunned off as it adds loads of life to your potions.

My increased maximum life is 168% without belly. So i'm sitting at 6089hp atm and I think pushing for 6.5k wont be impossible.
Last edited by Buiaka on Aug 9, 2015, 7:10:29 AM
Thank you for this build, it's a lot of fun!.

I am doing this build with a Duelist, currently at level 80 with this passive skill tree and got myself this axe:

You mentioned the transition from Resolute Technique to crit at some point. How should I progress through the tree next to do that? I obviously can't get the mace crit nodes, since I can't afford a Doryani's Scepter. Is this one handed axe even suitable for crit?
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I can confirm Minara Anemia is not currently exploding her summons. I fought her by accident. I didn't see that it was her until it was too late, but no explosions and she died easily. I wonder whether it's working as intended, or a bug.

Ok thank you for the confirmation and sockgr for originally alerting us to this change.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
But I was wondering how realistic it would be to keep trying for rolls that would actually be better than the Belly. Like if I got ~100 life (I think level 75 can get that), a good armor multiplier, and a good resistance roll, with an open slot to craft, it would be better than the Belly, I think. But it seems as if it would be tough to get that. It's fun to craft, so that's a side benefit, but I have a feeling I'd just end up blowing a bunch of Chaos Orbs without much to show for it. Any opinion on that?

The best you can probably do is -300 life from a belly. I'd leave that plate as-is, I don't think you will do much better with chaos without an absurd number of tries. Just do your master craft and keep or sell as-is.
"
Buiaka wrote:
Ok.. so I just aquired a cheap 0L 40% life belly for 3 ex. I was thinking, instead of paying 25ex for a 6L 40% belly i'd might aswell try out my luck. So I did. ~250 jeweller's to get 6 sockets. After 10 fusings I got my first 5L, and I was like.. hmm should I sell it and profit or yolo for 6L? After 60 fusings the 6L popped for me.

Wow! Amazing luck, congratulations! You could probably more than make up your costs by selling the old chest if you were so inclined.

Thanks for the update.
"
Chaos156 wrote:
Thank you for this build, it's a lot of fun!.

I am doing this build with a Duelist, currently at level 80 with this passive skill tree and got myself this axe:

You mentioned the transition from Resolute Technique to crit at some point. How should I progress through the tree next to do that? I obviously can't get the mace crit nodes, since I can't afford a Doryani's Scepter. Is this one handed axe even suitable for crit?

Sure you can do crit with that axe, not ideal but you already know that. :)

I wouldn't even think about removing RT until maybe level 87.

Meanwhile get By the Blade for 3 points and Amplify for 2.

I'd get Strong Arm for now instead of Iron Reflexes.
hi guys, just wondering if i could get some suggestions on my gear and/or my skill gems

this is my first season playing poe and i've gotten a pretty good grasp, but would love it if someone could maybe give me some tips or ways i can optimize my character.

also i'm still using resolute technique, when i level a bit more (currently 85) i will probably get a doryani catalyst and start getting some crit nodes

i hope you guys can point me in the right direction, i hvae about 3 ex worth of currency so i definitely can't afford to upgrade everything but i feel like i need to make some changes soon!

i feel like the gems on my boots are a little underwhelming, not really sure if they are doing much for me

mana problems are probably my biggest issue, but warlords mark + my leech rings seem to be holding up reasonably well

any advice on what i should try and upgrade first, or which gems are not the best choices would be awesome

thanks!

here's my gear:

and here is my passive tree link: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4EswUtBjkJMwthDPcUIBT2FSAWbxm0Gj4abBuXG60e3ySqKCoqTSzpLYMuUy_MMk41kjbpPAU8LT0PPeI_J0CgRUdHfkjuSshPBE9WUEdRYF8_YuxlTWebaPJp_m6qcql07XiueTl673vDfNl-4oLkg1-DzITZhO-GO4aziq-K5ItPkBGXeZvsogCplayvrj6vbK-nsz-1BLXytoq3Pr02vqe-vMBmwL_BgsT2xq7RNtNv037YvdrB4izjauQi5FHp1e8O73rvfPAf8wb2o_cy-6r-Cg==

Last edited by bbmello on Aug 10, 2015, 2:19:48 AM
Hey, I have been playing with this build for a bit, and I am wondering, is it possible to solo Über Atziri with this build? Are you able to do it?

Great build, I enjoyed it a lot. Have a nice day
"
bbmello wrote:

i feel like the gems on my boots are a little underwhelming, not really sure if they are doing much for me

I don't think that Stun and ECoMS are that good. I use a Curse on Hit setup with Warlord's Mark and two of the trigger gems so I don't have to curse manually.

I also recommend one of the three Warcry gems. If you want to keep your endurance charges up, use Enduring Cry. Otherwise Rallying Cry or Abyssal Cry are both fine. I really enjoy Abyssal Cry. It's so satisfying when you create chain reactions and whole packs are sucked into black holes. :)

"
bbmello wrote:

mana problems are probably my biggest issue, but warlords mark + my leech rings seem to be holding up reasonably well

Aren't you using Blood Magic? I crafted myself two mediocre rings with Elreon's "reduced manacost of skills"-affixes and am able to run entirely on mana withour Blood Magic. Maybe this might be an option for you as well.

"
bbmello wrote:

any advice on what i should try and upgrade first, or which gems are not the best choices would be awesome

I wouldn't invest much in a new weapon ff you plan on getting a Doryani's Scepter anyway. If you have spare currency, then jewellery is always a good investment. Mor maybe you can try to get gear with more Chaos resistance.

Your gem choices seem pretty solid, with the little exception I mentioned above. I experimented a lot with different attack gems (Ice Crash, Forst Blades, Static Strike) and am now using Wild Strike to great effectiveness. I think the build is generic enough to use whatever gems you are comfortable with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info