[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

So I've been using vaal cyclone for the past two weeks. 4L with Vaal Cyclone - Reckoning - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble. I love the mechanic of vaal cyclone on this build as everything gets triple counterattacked and cursed. Also, everything that is still alive after the vaal cyclone is in direct contact for you to hit static strike with and I also use rallying cry so I can cast it with all of the remaining monsters directly next to me. I've also put my HoA on my doryani's so everything gets prolif'ed for a little extra damage boost. It is a ton of fun and provides so much convenience not for only yourself but for parties as well.

Now that I'm at levels where it is painful to lose experience, I think I'm going to have to drop the vaal cyclone. I've had deaths from vaal cyclones just from the lame bloodline mods that they added (storm/frost bearers). You cannot literally do anything to prevent your death when you suck in bloodline mods with frost/storm bearers off screen and you see 10 circles go off while you're stuck spinning like a ballerina and can only watch and wait for your inevitable death. The possible lost of experience from vaal cyclone deaths is just turning out to not be worth it at these levels.

For those of you who are lower levels though might enjoy trying it out.
Last edited by dezahp on Aug 10, 2015, 6:59:36 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Any one knows if the build works with reave and vaal reave?!

Reave is mentioned on page 1 as one of the viable end-game skills. I used Reave for about a year with my build. I switched to Static a little while after it came out. I have leveled a vaal reave and it is interesting but I don't think it would be that great with just a 4-link. Haven't tested it that much yet. Don't really care for the whole concept of having to watch the skill bar and hit certain skills at certain times. This is not an MMORPG like Everquest.
"
Karast wrote:
Hello Master !

I'm still following your guide but i start to encounter some suvivability troubles on 7x maps (just like Village Ruin Boss, the Brutus in Promenade ect.)

What do you think should be changed to improve my char ?
I also have a lot less block chance, i don't have jewels doing it for now, but even when it will be fullfilled i will have less :(

Hi Karast :)

The perfectly skippable village ruin boss(es) is meant for a level 79 map so it's going to be hard. I know Zana sometimes give you that map at lower level. The chicken has a poison arrow attack that will kill you unless you gear up for it with chaos resist gear and amethyst flask.

Kole in colonade hits pretty hard, you just need more life and block and armour and instant flasks and he's cake. You can use the enfeeble curse for stuff like that. In order to use enfeeble you would need to get your mana issues squared away some other way like BM support or around 0.8% total mana leech on rings, jewels.

You'll also need 2% block Lazawar or master crafted 2% block rare gloves along with four 1% block jewels.

Again, everything should have high life rolls on it except for amulet and boots where we generally sacrifice that for spell block.

I'd take the 1% block node past Solidity over the 40% shield def node near Testudo.

Edit, Just noticed your CWDT setup is broken. You can get new gems from the gem vendors in normal difficulty and use the scour recipe to reduce them a level or two if needed.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 10, 2015, 7:17:19 PM
"
dezahp wrote:
So I've been using vaal cyclone for the past two weeks.

Thanks for the note about Vaal Cyclone. I've certainly seen others use it in parties but did not feel inspired to try it out. Again, having to time things perfectly based on monsters in the vicinity and having to watch the hotkey bar for the skill status is too much like work for the lazy pally. :) And I've seen this skill lag out parties to the point of loosing the map. But it's an option for some extra fun for some that enjoy micro-managing stuff like that!
Hello Sovyn, help me out I'm stuck at act 4, only killed Kaom and Daresso really really hard.

Items
Spoiler

What do

And passive = the one you recommended me, i'm the guy with the facebreaker build
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4EhwSzBS0GOQthDPcNzRQgFSAZtBo-G60czipNK1As6S2DL8wyTjWSPAU8LT0PPeI_J0CgR35I7krITwRQR1FgXz9i7GVNZ5to8m6qcql07XiueTl673zZfuKC5INfg8yE2YTviq-K5I-ZkBGb7KIAqZWsr64-r2yvp7Xytoq3Pr02vqe-vMBmwL_BgsQVxPbGrtN-2L3aweRR7w7veu988B_zBvaj9zL7qv4K_lQ=?accountName=TalonC&characterName=Mithonos
I use ice crash...idk how to gain more armour and less but still enough dps without taking abyssus off
Last edited by TalonC on Aug 10, 2015, 9:17:58 PM
"
TalonC wrote:
Hello Sovyn, help me out I'm stuck at act 4, only killed Kaom and Daresso really really hard.

Well Talon, Kaom and Daresso in merciless were barely speed bumps for me in my tests so let's see if I can help you...

First off you have basically no physical mitigation on your gear so that's a problem.

For facebreaker's you'd want Meginord's Girdle but realistically I think you will see much higher tooltip DPS just using a weapon instead. Get something around 300 pdps which should only cost you about 5 chaos. That will hold you until you can save up 2ex for a doryani's catalyst.

Get a ring with life and 0.4% mana leech to replace that iron ring.

Take BM off your attack... put Fortify there instead.

Use concentrated effect for bosses.

Better yet switch to static strike with your weapon.

Switch to high armour chest to go with your aegis.

Get armour boots or rainbows.

See the guide for gems to use and levels for CWDT etc.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 10, 2015, 11:06:53 PM
Hi Sovyn

I was lucky enough that a friend gave me a corrupted BoR, unfortunately it came with a blue socket.
I decided to put in Phys to Lightning gem to get as much out of it as possible, but now i had no phys dam with Static Strike and mana leech didnt return any mana.
So i got 2 jewels with "gain 2 mana on hit" and apparantly it triggers for each time static strike multistrikes + explosions. These 2 jewels alone keep me going on mana :) Just a heads up to anyone struggeling with mana ..
Hi

I really like your build in awakening.

i just have one question about accuracy tho. As my accuracy is really quite low but i have more than enough resists, so i can probably compensate it with rings. but still its not enough. For this reason, should i take the other side of the Galvanic that improves the accuracy and elemental damage
"
Qtic wrote:
Hi Sovyn

I was lucky enough that a friend gave me a corrupted BoR, unfortunately it came with a blue socket.
I decided to put in Phys to Lightning gem to get as much out of it as possible, but now i had no phys dam with Static Strike and mana leech didnt return any mana.
So i got 2 jewels with "gain 2 mana on hit" and apparantly it triggers for each time static strike multistrikes + explosions. These 2 jewels alone keep me going on mana :) Just a heads up to anyone struggeling with mana ..

That's great Qtic!

In case you don't know you can use level 8 Vorici bench to change colors on corrupted items. It costs vaal orbs along with the chromes.

Weapon elemental damage support gives me around 5K more DPS than phys to light does so you might want to explore your options.

Nice setup though. Clearly regen is playing some part too as it would with leech of course.

Looking at your tree I see you are taking elemental damage nodes. I did some testing a while back and the physical damage nodes are substantially better, e.g., Retaliation, Blunt Instrument.
"
bronzedisease wrote:
Hi

I really like your build in awakening.

i just have one question about accuracy tho. As my accuracy is really quite low but i have more than enough resists, so i can probably compensate it with rings. but still its not enough. For this reason, should i take the other side of the Galvanic that improves the accuracy and elemental damage

Thanks for the question.

I thoroughly tested the bottom route to Galvanic and it's substantially worse than the top route. Get Precision. :)

Keep RT until around level 86 or even higher IMO. Then get your Romira's, that helps with accuracy as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info