[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi guys,

first of all, thank you for the guide Sovyn. I have used it to lvl 85 without much trouble but now i feel stuck. I mostly do 72 maps while 74 maps and onwards just seem to hard.

I have 4,2k HP, 11k armor, 75% all res and -31% chaos, 65% block, ~18k DPS in combat.

Here is my gear. Any pointers on where to start upgrading (obviously the amulet is crap)?

I have 1.5ex worth of currency.

"
Chaos156 wrote:
"
bbmello wrote:

i feel like the gems on my boots are a little underwhelming, not really sure if they are doing much for me

I don't think that Stun and ECoMS are that good. I use a Curse on Hit setup with Warlord's Mark and two of the trigger gems so I don't have to curse manually.

I also recommend one of the three Warcry gems. If you want to keep your endurance charges up, use Enduring Cry. Otherwise Rallying Cry or Abyssal Cry are both fine. I really enjoy Abyssal Cry. It's so satisfying when you create chain reactions and whole packs are sucked into black holes. :)

"
bbmello wrote:

mana problems are probably my biggest issue, but warlords mark + my leech rings seem to be holding up reasonably well

Aren't you using Blood Magic? I crafted myself two mediocre rings with Elreon's "reduced manacost of skills"-affixes and am able to run entirely on mana withour Blood Magic. Maybe this might be an option for you as well.

"
bbmello wrote:

any advice on what i should try and upgrade first, or which gems are not the best choices would be awesome

I wouldn't invest much in a new weapon ff you plan on getting a Doryani's Scepter anyway. If you have spare currency, then jewellery is always a good investment. Mor maybe you can try to get gear with more Chaos resistance.

Your gem choices seem pretty solid, with the little exception I mentioned above. I experimented a lot with different attack gems (Ice Crash, Forst Blades, Static Strike) and am now using Wild Strike to great effectiveness. I think the build is generic enough to use whatever gems you are comfortable with.

Thanks for the advice man!

So for my boots, do you think riposte + vengeance + curse on hit + warlords mark would be a good option?

then on my helm maybe i can switch out warlords mark for faster attacks so i can leap slam around quicker

i think warlords mark keeps my endurance charges up on it's own, i was using a warcry before but is it really necessary with warlords mark?

abyssal cry sounds pretty cool, that could be an option on my helm as well

as far as my mana problems, i'm only using blood magic on my helm (so leap slam + warlords mark is free), for my tabula rasa i don't have it in there because i wanted to maximize my dps as much as possible. if i did want to put it in, do you know which gem i could switch out of my tabula?

hmm.. maybe it would be a good idea, if i was using blood magic i could reserve 100% of my mana and throw in some different rings with more damage, etc.... definitely something i should look into

both my rings currently have mana leech, so it's working relatively well, it's just curse immune mobs and sometimes when i have to attack things that can't get cursed like totems and stuff that really get annoying

i loved ice crash when i was levelling, i want to try it again. i may switch out static strike for it just to see. i think my clear speed would increase.. maybe i could use ice crash to clear the map and switch to static strike to take down the boss quickly? not really sure

"
Mariegaard wrote:
Hi guys,

first of all, thank you for the guide Sovyn. I have used it to lvl 85 without much trouble but now i feel stuck. I mostly do 72 maps while 74 maps and onwards just seem to hard.

I have 4,2k HP, 11k armor, 75% all res and -31% chaos, 65% block, ~18k DPS in combat.

Here is my gear. Any pointers on where to start upgrading (obviously the amulet is crap)?

hey man, i'm pretty new to the game as well but i think a very important part of this build is the lazhwar amulet for the spell block chance. you can get a corrupted one for very cheap, like 1 chaos or even less

Last edited by bbmello on Aug 10, 2015, 12:07:17 PM
Any one knows if the build works with reave and vaal reave?!
Like thw southpaw build of ZiggyD?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Any one knows if the build works with reave and vaal reave?!
Like thw southpaw build of ZiggyD?

It wouldn''t work exactly as-is because currently the build uses a shield, and Southpaw's strength comes from dual-wielding and getting a good offhand bonus weapon.

The build can still work with Reave as your main attack but wouldn't benefit from dual-wielding (i.e. Getting a good offhand weapon to gain attack speed/other benefits to Reave)

That's just from what I know after seeing Southpaw Reave and seeing how this build works. Hope I helped!

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am personally playing this build at the moment on Tempest as well (again, lol), and that Sovyn personally used Reave as his main attack back in... I think 1.2 or 1.3 when he was using a claw as his main weapon. I believe his Build of the Week video showcases Reave and claw gameplay :D

Re-edit: Nope, that video also uses Static Strike. Sorry!
Last edited by andrew8448 on Aug 10, 2015, 1:21:35 PM
Hello Master !

I'm still following your guide but i start to encounter some suvivability troubles on 7x maps (just like Village Ruin Boss, the Brutus in Promenade ect.)

What do you think should be changed to improve my char ?
I also have a lot less block chance, i don't have jewels doing it for now, but even when it will be fullfilled i will have less :(

I also have the Abyssus Helmet, but no way for now !

Or did i miss something in your guide ?
The poison arrow is for leveling up issues :-)
"
Karast wrote:
Hello Master !

I'm still following your guide but i start to encounter some suvivability troubles on 7x maps (just like Village Ruin Boss, the Brutus in Promenade ect.)

What do you think should be changed to improve my char ?
I also have a lot less block chance, i don't have jewels doing it for now, but even when it will be fullfilled i will have less :(

I also have the Abyssus Helmet, but no way for now !

Or did i miss something in your guide ?
The poison arrow is for leveling up issues :-)

You are lacking HP, you use too much unique, u need HP on that Belt,glove,helm, jewelry!!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
bbmello wrote:

any advice on what i should try and upgrade first, or which gems are not the best choices would be awesome

thanks!

Buy a Doryani's now. 300+ pdps. should be able to get one for 2ex with just a little patience.

Master craft life on the ring.

I'd put blood rage and tempest shield on a level 1 CWDT for best uptime. The point is the 3 frenzy charges and 3% block, nothing else. Best uptime on level 1 CWDT.

Tree looks fine.
"
Ramesz wrote:
Hey, I have been playing with this build for a bit, and I am wondering, is it possible to solo Über Atziri with this build? Are you able to do it?

Great build, I enjoyed it a lot. Have a nice day

Probably possible but I have no motivation or willingness to spend the currency to try it. The typical lackluster loot is not sufficient incentive.
"
Mariegaard wrote:
Hi guys,

You're welcome Mariegaard! Save up a little more and get a Doryani's Catalyst. Broken record here but it really is too good to not get it as soon as you can. Also Ice Crash is OK but not that great at high level. Static Strike is at least 50% better. You'll need all red sockets on chest which is easy. See the guide for the right gems to use.

Edit, on your tree, I wouldn't bother with Precision yet. Don't forget the 1% block near Solidity. Also need to replace that jewel with a 1% block one with ideally some extra goodies on it too.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 10, 2015, 5:29:43 PM
"
bbmello wrote:
So for my boots, do you think riposte + vengeance + curse on hit + warlords mark would be a good option?

then on my helm maybe i can switch out warlords mark for faster attacks so i can leap slam around quicker

i think warlords mark keeps my endurance charges up on it's own, i was using a warcry before but is it really necessary with warlords mark?

abyssal cry sounds pretty cool, that could be an option on my helm as well

as far as my mana problems, i'm only using blood magic on my helm (so leap slam + warlords mark is free), for my tabula rasa i don't have it in there because i wanted to maximize my dps as much as possible. if i did want to put it in, do you know which gem i could switch out of my tabula?

hmm.. maybe it would be a good idea, if i was using blood magic i could reserve 100% of my mana and throw in some different rings with more damage, etc.... definitely something i should look into

both my rings currently have mana leech, so it's working relatively well, it's just curse immune mobs and sometimes when i have to attack things that can't get cursed like totems and stuff that really get annoying

i loved ice crash when i was levelling, i want to try it again. i may switch out static strike for it just to see. i think my clear speed would increase.. maybe i could use ice crash to clear the map and switch to static strike to take down the boss quickly? not really sure

As you can see I guide people away from ice crash on page 1 because it's just not as good as static strike. Static is around 50% better. Maybe if GGG hadn't nerfed Ice Crash in the beta.

As for Blood Magic I decided to not use it on the primary attack as with 0.8% mana leech total I was able to sustain 6-link static strike as shown on page 1. Without BM gives a bit more DPS.

Warlord's mark only creates endurance charges when you have stuff to kill, some bosses it won't work too well for that so it may be useful to have both the ECoMS and curse setups. Besides you will want to switch out warlord's mark for something else eventually like enfeeble or elemental weakness. You can also cast enduring cry manually instead of ECoMS if you want to address the above objection. I don't like to cast stuff manually as you may have noticed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info