[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi all paladins and Sovyn in particular.

Just a small update, been enjoying this build a lot and I just hit 89 on tempest.

I'm still trying to find ways to optimize this build, so far i've gone away from the "lazy" and removed my stun/endurance charge setup for a more controlly way of keeping endurance charges (atm 5 endurance charges).
Instead i'm using immortal call - max cwdt - increased duration - vaal grace/haste (vaal haste for easier map for faster clearing).
This has proven super effective for me, IC currently has a 5.46s uptime which is more than enough to time to recast enduring cry.
IC works as an indicator that i've taken too much damage, on bigger packs I can procc IC twice with max uptime, and if I feel like i'm taking LOTS of damage I pop vaal grace which will grant me 35/34% dodge/spell dodge for 10.44 seconds (!).
This setup might seen overkill, but on HC you can never be too careful and I think it's a superior choice over the stun setup.

Because of this setup I'd have to rework my leap slam-faster casting-fortify-bm setup to shield charge - enduring cry - fortify- bm.
Leap slam without faster attacks is too punishing and slow, so shield charge is a better choice, however it requires more skills to aim at the monster to procc the fortify.

My skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBAO4EswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRLhFCAU9hUgGbQaPhuXG60czh7fI_YqTStQLOktgy_MMk41kjrhPC09Dz3iPydAoEa3R35I7krITZJN408ET1ZQR1FgValfP2LsZU1nm2hlaPJqAW6qcql07XaseK55OXrve8N82X11fuKC5INfg8yE2YTvhjuGs4qviuSNfZARkc6XtJvsogCi6qOKpleplayvrj6vbK-nsz-18raKtz677b02vqe-vMBmwL_BgsT2xq7PftE202_Tfti92sHiLORR6dXqGO4O7w7vevAf8kXzBvPd9qP3Mvjr-6r-Cv5U_o_-ug==

My stats:
Spoiler

My calculated dps with all buffs are 68k and like 90-100k with some sick tempest mods.
5474hp
56% phys reduction, 72% with granite, 90% with endurance charges
Capped resists to play ele weakness mods
2% chaos res, 37% with atziri's promise
75% block
60% spell block
13% evasion

My gear:
Spoiler

Right now im still trying to improve ways of my character. My dps seems REALLY good, a lot better than most character in HC really. Everything melts and bosses die really quickly.
The only thing that worries me is magic damage and the only way to counter it really is to have a higher health pool. Right now im sitting at 5474hp but ideally I want to be at 7k+.

I know I can get 14% increased max life from two jewel slots (already have 2x7% life jewels), belly of the beast (would it be a significant boost to my hp from a 108hp one even?) and maybe a few lvls for more hp, but other than that i'm pretty much at my limit. Other than that i'm still trying to grab a 4% spell block lioneyes.
Upgrading gear from what I have is on the 5-50ex range which at this point doesn't really feel like it's worth it.

So in conclusion I just want to show you guys what this build has achieved for me and maybe gather some feedback on my gearing/choices.

Last edited by Buiaka on Aug 8, 2015, 2:41:36 PM
"
Cinthe wrote:
I must say that this build has been the most fun I've had as a melee character ever (most ones I've started don't get far because I hate melee).

Started Scion and she is currently 80 doing low 70s maps. Everything on her was found by me (honest to gods). Slowly getting my gear together :D

Hi Cinthe :) Glad you are having fun! Self found is possible but like with most builds it takes a lot of patience and farming. I did it for a year or more. If you have any questions just let me know here. :)
"
pijanapanda wrote:
What dps and mana leech i need in non crit build to sustain skill that convert 60% dmg to elemental?
Let's say I'm lvl 70 and get weapon with 280 pDPS. 0.8% mana leech is inaf to sustain 5l and 6l static strike??

Yes 0.8% should be enough, if not switch faster attacks for added fire.
"
sockgr wrote:
boss...
i did some changes today. i used 6 exalted orbs and i bought some new gear
i lost 5% phys damage reduction(now i have 52% instead of 57%)
but i got +78% chaos resist, +200 hp and around 300-400 more tooltip dps.
i am not sure if this is a success but kinda feel better for that...
still 6 ex is a lot but this chaos ressists are so fucking expensive!
but still feel a lil fucked up!
what u think...?

Looks like a reasonable trade-off. Why don't you keep it.....

With that chaos resist you won't have to even use an amethyst when doing stuff like twin Quarry boss.

Can always add a surgeon's granite flask to the mix.
"
Buiaka wrote:
Right now im sitting at 5474hp but ideally I want to be at 7k+.

I know I can get 14% increased max life from two jewel slots (already have 2x7% life jewels), belly of the beast (would it be a significant boost to my hp from a 108hp one even?) and maybe a few lvls for more hp, but other than that i'm pretty much at my limit. Other than that i'm still trying to grab a 4% spell block lioneyes.
Upgrading gear from what I have is on the 5-50ex range which at this point doesn't really feel like it's worth it.

So in conclusion I just want to show you guys what this build has achieved for me and maybe gather some feedback on my gearing/choices.

Hi Buiaka :)

Good job getting to your level on Tempest. Play it safe and keep it up.

Interesting choices.

Belly only adds 200-300 life or something like that over a good chest like yours.

There is no way to reach 7K+ here as far as I know. In most cases block is a replacement for life and you can skip certain bosses like Megaera that might be risky on the spell damage. I doubt anyone really does these on hardcore, at least not for long. Risk vs. reward is just not worth it.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Cinthe wrote:
I must say that this build has been the most fun I've had as a melee character ever (most ones I've started don't get far because I hate melee).

Started Scion and she is currently 80 doing low 70s maps. Everything on her was found by me (honest to gods). Slowly getting my gear together :D

Hi Cinthe :) Glad you are having fun! Self found is possible but like with most builds it takes a lot of patience and farming. I did it for a year or more. If you have any questions just let me know here. :)

I've had some incredible luck with getting decent drops this league. Lioneye's Remorse and Romira's Banquet both dropped on the same day. Before the shield dropped I had 2 Daresso's Courage drop in the Pit map. My summoner has both a Queens Decree and Bones of Ullr and my totem templar has a Soul Mantle. I've had more fun drops than I ever have. It's been fun.

I want to mention the Blooddance boots because they seem to have been a rather good sub until Rainbows decide to drop.

The only thing I really have unknowns for are doing maps. This is the first character I've ever gone farther than the intro level for maps. I'm just not sure how far to push without having spell block (or a reasonable amount of chaos res). I've been chancing 70s and building up some 71/72s. The only maps I won't do right now are Quarry and Phantasmagoria.
Just an update. Really enjoying my build as I tweaked some things around to my liking. The main thing I'm trying to get is just two more levels for my last two remaining crit nodes to get up my crit flasks up more consistently and to get mass fusings to 6L my chest. I'll post up a vid and updated stats once I get some time :)
"
Cinthe wrote:
The only thing I really have unknowns for are doing maps. This is the first character I've ever gone farther than the intro level for maps. I'm just not sure how far to push without having spell block (or a reasonable amount of chaos res). I've been chancing 70s and building up some 71/72s. The only maps I won't do right now are Quarry and Phantasmagoria.

There are some tips in the 'endgame tips and tricks' and 'what will kill me' FAQ sections. Most map bosses are easy for the lazy pally with observance of a few mechanics and a little flask/aura roulette here and there.
"
dezahp wrote:
Just an update. Really enjoying my build as I tweaked some things around to my liking. The main thing I'm trying to get is just two more levels for my last two remaining crit nodes to get up my crit flasks up more consistently and to get mass fusings to 6L my chest. I'll post up a vid and updated stats once I get some time :)

Great dezahp! Always like to see more videos of lazy pally in action. Nice ring by the way.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 8, 2015, 9:12:42 PM
I can confirm Minara Anemia is not currently exploding her summons. I fought her by accident. I didn't see that it was her until it was too late, but no explosions and she died easily. I wonder whether it's working as intended, or a bug.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info