[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
vick666 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your great build.

I decided to make my first build on the 2.0

I just met a worry, mana leech is not important enough for me and 62% block attack 50% spell only.

my gear

The only solution would be to change my moonstone ring for a similar to my amethyst?

Thanks again!

Hi Vick, The skill tree in my guide has been updated just now so you will get some more block. Don't forget that tempest shield should be up if you are actually getting hit a lot. So you will be capped on block (75%) once you get your jewels done.

You can sustain ice crash (barely) with a 0.4% mana leech ring. It helps if you take faster attacks off and put something else there, maybe hypothermia. Blood magic support instead of faster attacks is another option. With that you would add Herald of Ice to your hatred + herald of ash. You do lose DPS going with blood magic but it's going to be easier going (no mana flask needed) for bosses and half regen maps.
OK here is my version of lazy pally:) But its not lazy anymore :D Adding price for how much i got it
1ex
30c
24ex
10c
2ex
self found
2 ex
1 ex
1 ex
"
Kamina100 wrote:
The mana issue is still annoying though. Sovyn, I imagine part of the reason why you can sustain with it is because you do such massive damage that you get more out of your 0.4% leech - or would the bottleneck of the "leech per second" make that not matter? But it must matter, because otherwise why would you be sustaining a 6-link when I can't sustain a 5-link? Maybe I should just go up to 0.8% leech if possible? Then maybe I could sustain.

At rest my tooltip has 434-816 physical damage. Obviously it's more when I get going and things start proc'ing but that gives you an idea of where I'm at. So the average is 624 physical per hit times 0.04, that's about 25 mana leeched per hit. Three hits with multistrike, so I should regain 75 mana for one skill use assuming monsters are close by.

It's easy to get carried away and attack while monsters are not actually within range and thus not leech and end up out of mana. I have to consciously try to only use the skill while a monster is actually right near me.

There is a cap on mana regained within X time, and it's likely I'm hitting that as well since I have no investment in leech.

It's not the end of the world to carry one mana or hybrid flask. :D
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 12, 2015, 6:30:40 AM
"
Kamina100 wrote:
"
Lenwex wrote:

1: Alphas howl

2: soultaker

3: Regret fortify nodes, get sovereignty

Atm running hatred,ash,thunder and ice.

Seems like a big sacrifice to have those extra auras. Do you find it to be worth it?

His overall DPS with that setup would be substantially lower except maybe with top roll legacy soul taker (ridiculously expensive) and even then not super. Also Alpha's has no life and limited resists, so there's that. Not to mention I don't recommend evasion anymore. I do mention Alpha's in the guide though in case someone really wants to use it. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
The skill tree in my guide has been updated just now so you will get some more block.

Damn! That's some rework. ~25 Regrets by my count.
Probably better to start a new char and let my current one lie dormant until the next reset :-p
"
Kuba84 wrote:

Hey Sovyn which crit nodes are that which you use?

PS: love your build

Welcome Kuba. As you can see in the guide on my current skill tree I have the whole Disemboweling cluster, Precision (adds a couple thousand DPS surprisingly), and Galvanic Hammer.
"
Recrow wrote:
OK here is my version of lazy pally:) But its not lazy anymore :D Adding price for how much i got it

Thanks for the pricing input. Glad you found some of the less often used recommendations in the guide useful.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
The skill tree in my guide has been updated just now so you will get some more block.

Damn! That's some rework. ~25 Regrets by my count.
Probably better to start a new char and let my current one lie dormant until the next reset :-p

I wouldn't but up to you. You should get some respec points from quests as you level up to handle (most?) of it. I know I got six respec points just from doing the easy initial act 4 quests in all three difficulties.

Sorry about the rework but the change GGG made to block jewels was really 'stealth' so I had no way to plan for it in advance.

edit - forgot to mention, it's not the end of the world if you don't respec, it's just that your block would be 4% less which is minor.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 12, 2015, 7:04:23 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
I wouldn't but up to you. You should get some respec points from quests as you level up to handle (most?) of it. I know I got six respec points just from doing the easy initial act 4 quests in all three difficulties.

Sorry about the rework but the change GGG made to block jewels was really 'stealth' so I had no way to plan for it in advance.

I know. Not blaming you at all :-p

I have 20 respec points stored up for the char, and about 150 Regrets in the bank, but think levelling an existing L56 Templar to L76 (which is where my current char is), is probably 'cheaper'. Using up all the respec points on the char means it'll be less useful in the future, so essentially using the respec points is using Regrets in a way.

Also, your old build is working well enough for what I want at the moment. I just needed a character that could do lower-mid maps and gain me some experience in the new A4 content.
Once the situation settles, and builds start to stabilise, I have plenty of other higher level characters I can try things out on.
Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 12, 2015, 7:06:21 AM
I'm going to do the respec. It took me a long time to level to where I am, so I'd much rather just use the respec points. I have about 20 free respec points anyhow before I even get into Regrets.

I'd like to switch to crit ASAP because I have Romira's Banquet and another decent 0.4% leech ring, so if I used those together, it could provide some mana relief in the short term.

On a different note, I have over 100 Fusings and it wasn't all that hard to get, so if I do that...14 more times...I could make a 6-link. Maybe I'll make that a long-term goal if I don't get burned out on the game. One of the new vendors lets you trade Alts for Jewelers 2 for 1 which I don't think was available before, so that's 8 Alts = 1 Fusing just using vendors - makes it seem kinda doable to eventually get to 1500 Fusings, since vendoring 6-socket items is a pretty big source of Jewelers too. One 6-socket item = 1.75 Fusings.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jul 12, 2015, 7:19:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info