[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
07-12-2015 -- Passive tree rework to accommodate jewel changes

This couldn't be done two days ago ...
Level 40 with this build now, obviously can't comment on end game but just got into cruel so i'll give my early game impressions.

Very tanky build so far providing you've got a good shield. I was lucky to already have Deidbell Gilded Sallet and also had Atziri's Foible Paua Amulet which means so far I've had zero mana issues. It's also allowed me to use Clarity + Arctic Armor. Defensively it's a pretty sound build. Everyone in my party kept dying in Act 4 but i didn't die once, Just stand still and spam spam spam. However the only downfall i'm having is my DPS. Not having a 6L i'm really struggling with my damage output and in Act4 i was seriously outclassed, i really didn't feel like i was helping out.

Even starting ACT1 Cruel it takes me ages to kill the first few mobs with 4L Ice Crash + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks (556 DPS) with a fairly decentish mace too. Frenzy pushes it up abit but nothing drastic. Obviously it's early game still and my gems aren't leveled.

Hopefully i can roll a good 6L soon, definitely can't afford anything from looking on poe.trade. Still a fun build and got plenty more time to invest in it.

Defence Stats:

Current Gear          

IGN: Xelciah ¦ Looking For Guild, Standard - EU.
Last edited by Zelciah on Jul 12, 2015, 7:32:50 PM
I want ask this build is good on bosses ??
I saw atziri run and I think it isn't op build...on my first look I saw Pally losing tons of hp when fighting with Atziri ... Looking for mele ultra tanky + 60k+ dps build where bosses can go to grandmother because they can't kill you.

This build working like a boss? :P
"
Lej wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Q: Can I play a Lazy Pally Duelist, Ranger, Marauder or Scion?
A:
Yes, absolutely! Simply reference my completed passive skill tree and remove the "Elemental Damage" node and the two Intelligence nodes at the start of the Templar area, and connect to the existing skill tree path via your preferred class starting nodes. Everything else is the same. We pass by all of the class starting areas except the Witch, Shadow and Scion. You can even make the Scion work fine with a bit of creativity on your part. This is simply an appearance choice. You will make a little bit of extra work for yourself though, as I only provide the progression builds for the Templar. You will need to make your own way with the other classes, but it's not difficult.

The above has not been updated to reflect the changes to the skill tree.
How would one adapt it to a Duelist?

I just edited the FAQ to indicate we pass near all of the starting areas except witch and shadow.

You can do a duelist just by using the three dex nodes off the right side of his starting location. That's the shortest route.
"
Zelciah wrote:

Ice Crash + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks

You can't use Multistrike with Ice Crash.. says it right on the skill
"
Nashezbaernon wrote:
Hey Sovyn

I still stick to the max block principle so I reworked around the ninja jewel nerf.Just for all fellow lazy pallers you can craft 1-2% global block chance on gloves for 2 divines on haku's bench

Yes that's a good option but hard to find good gloves with an open slot for the mod :D

2% block stone of lazhwar is pretty affordable too.

Either way will max block when tempest shield is up.

Or you can use a 3% amulet and 2% gloves and not bother with tempest shield.

Everyone will get their 1% block jewels eventually. I know it's slow right now because the jewels don't drop much but as you all play the game more it will come.
"
halabit wrote:
"
07-12-2015 -- Passive tree rework to accommodate jewel changes

This couldn't be done two days ago ...

It's still the 12th here in USA. :)

Edit - if you mean why couldn't I do it two days ago, I didn't know about it as it was a stealth nerf on GGG's part, there was no announcement or patch note, and no one told me. I prepared the guide during beta so it would be ready on time and the jewel info was up-to-the-minute current as far as I knew as of the launch date.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 12, 2015, 7:54:31 PM
What do you think about molten strike with this build and skill tree?

gears

Spoiler

im looking for a proper build for my character.if u can help me out i'll be appreiate.

ty
"
Zelciah wrote:

Even starting ACT1 Cruel it takes me ages to kill the first few mobs with 4L Ice Crash + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks (556 DPS) with a fairly decentish mace too. Frenzy pushes it up abit but nothing drastic. Obviously it's early game still and my gems aren't leveled.

Well friend I'm glad you like how tanky the build is. As far as your DPS problem, you can't use Multistrike with ice crash, it does nothing. So added fire damage is what you want instead. It will be a good boost. Also ice crash is lack luster on bosses, it's just how it is. Pretty good on trash clearing though. You will find it's a bit better if the monster is in the very center of your AOE.

Also your weapon is terrible, no offense, and that's holding you back. :)

Don't forget physical damage on your rings and gloves.
"
Wirowmaker wrote:
I want ask this build is good on bosses ??
I saw atziri run and I think it isn't op build...on my first look I saw Pally losing tons of hp when fighting with Atziri ... Looking for mele ultra tanky + 60k+ dps build where bosses can go to grandmother because they can't kill you.

This build working like a boss? :P

Works great but you have to prepare for dodging certain mechanics manually like Atziri's flameblast. Maybe with the crit variation (if you are level 90+) you could use surgeon's ruby flasks. Obviously there are better builds if farming Atziri is your sole goal, you have to specialize to be really good at farming her. On most content the lazy pally is much tankier than 99% of the builds out there, nevermind at only a 10 ex budget.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info