[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I have a 10% Anvil, but yeah I feel as if giving up the Lahzwar spell block might be worse. What jewels would you run if you were using The Anvil?

Thwarting prefix gives 1% additional Chance to Block Spells with Shields but 4% total is hardly compensation for losing 38% spell block. I'll probably re-route the tree again. Sorry, but I can't anticipate last-second ninja nerfs like that. :D

No worries. Yeah nothing you can do about that, of course. I have plenty of regrets, so if you figure out a better way, well that's what they're for. With those and the quest-reward respec points, I could respec over half the build if needed. I had planned on waiting a few days to spec, just in case, but I really wanted to try stuff out, haha. Oh well.

I tried a mana-based Ice Crash on 5-link with Melee Physical, Weapon Elemental, Fortify and Added Fire yesterday, and it was fine for packs, but once I reached a single enemy that took a while to kill, I would hit empty pretty fast and need to hit the mana flask to stop my attacks from slowing down. I think part of that is my dps is way lower than yours (like one fifth of yours, lol), so stuff that you would take down in 5 seconds before your mana starts running on empty might take me a while to kill.

It seems as if Static Strike just beats it by too much (both on damage and mana) to consider making Ice Crash the full-time skill. I guess I'll go with Static as my main skill, but put Ice Crash in at times for clearing because it has a convenient way of aoeing and I like the feel of it. And whichever one I'm using, and can keep leveling the other in my second weapon set.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
It seems as if Static Strike just beats it by too much (both on damage and mana) to consider making Ice Crash the full-time skill. I guess I'll go with Static as my main skill, but put Ice Crash in at times for clearing because it has a convenient way of aoeing and I like the feel of it. And whichever one I'm using, and can keep leveling the other in my second weapon set.

That's pretty much what I'm doing for now too, Ice Crash on the weapon switch just for leveling it. It might have been great if they had allowed multi. A little too conservative but that's GGG for ya these days. :) There's ways* to make it work on mana or with BM but that would involve losing more dps or life and it's already lower than static. So static it is.

* Clarity on blood magic, Clarity instead of HoA, Elreon rings (expensive to make those work well), two mana leech rings and/or amulet (dps and/or spell block loss), mana leech support, reduced mana support (why bother because you can just use BM and get a third aura for free), mana on hit or mana leech or reduced cost nodes on tree (lose dps or life nodes to get).
Hi,

Thanks for your great build.

I decided to make my first build on the 2.0

I just met a worry, mana leech is not important enough for me and 62% block attack 50% spell only.

my gear

The only solution would be to change my moonstone ring for a similar to my amethyst?

Thanks again!
Last edited by vick666 on Jul 12, 2015, 2:54:39 AM
I don't really sustain mana even with Static Strike on a 5-link (with Fortify/Melee Phys/Weapon Ele/Multistrike). I think it's more efficient than Ice Crash, but hitting a single target at length still requires me to hit the mana flask.

With that setup, my tooltip dps at rest is 13K, but once all my buffs are up (Fortify {I think it requires the buff to add the damage}, Blood Rage, Tempest Shield {I have a 19% quality one which gives you increased lightning damage}), the tooltip reads 18.5K or so. That's interesting, because although my at-rest dps is lower than before 2.0, I can peak higher. Of course a lot of the time I'm not at peak. I was at 15.8K at rest before 2.0, and I wasn't running any buffs that increased that, iirc.

The mana issue is still annoying though. Sovyn, I imagine part of the reason why you can sustain with it is because you do such massive damage that you get more out of your 0.4% leech - or would the bottleneck of the "leech per second" make that not matter? But it must matter, because otherwise why would you be sustaining a 6-link when I can't sustain a 5-link? Maybe I should just go up to 0.8% leech if possible? Then maybe I could sustain. I see you have several other suggestions above, with caveats, for sustaining. Like Clarity instead of HoA - but I feel as if my damage is too low and I'm reluctant to sacrifice a couple thousand dps, even if it's less of a sacrifice than giving up a damage support gem for blood magic.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jul 11, 2015, 10:45:15 PM

1: Alphas howl

2: soultaker

3: Regret fortify nodes, get sovereignty

Atm running hatred,ash,thunder and ice.
"
Lenwex wrote:

1: Alphas howl

2: soultaker

3: Regret fortify nodes, get sovereignty

Atm running hatred,ash,thunder and ice.

Seems like a big sacrifice to have those extra auras. Do you find it to be worth it?
"
Kamina100 wrote:
The mana issue is still annoying though. Sovyn, I imagine part of the reason why you can sustain with it is because you do such massive damage that you get more out of your 0.4% leech - or would the bottleneck of the "leech per second" make that not matter? But it must matter, because otherwise why would you be sustaining a 6-link when I can't sustain a 5-link? Maybe I should just go up to 0.8% leech if possible? Then maybe I could sustain. I see you have several other suggestions above, with caveats, for sustaining. Like Clarity instead of HoA - but I feel as if my damage is too low and I'm reluctant to sacrifice a couple thousand dps, even if it's less of a sacrifice than giving up a damage support gem for blood magic.

I managed to fit in Slitherpinch as well as a 0.4% leech ring (and still get full resists... barely), and I've seen no problems after that. 0.8% seems to do it for me, and I'm at lower DPS than you.

EDIT: Against single monsters I can still run out... Warlord's Mark solves that problem. If you're really short, it may be an idea to use that curse for Curse On Hit... especially if you can fit in a +1 to curse number somewhere as Enfeeble is so useful.

Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 12, 2015, 4:52:28 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hapseleg wrote:
Hi there
Loving the build, been using it for quite a long while.
So my question is, what is your reasoning behind removing Resolute Technique? Won't we lose a lot of dps from this?

-Hapse

Hi Hapse :)

At very high levels you can remove RT and gain a bunch of damage (and cool elemental status effects) from a few crit nodes and Romira's. Below at least level 90 it might be a damage loss to remove RT but I leave it to those stuck in their mid-80s to test it, fortunately it's not expensive to use 1 regret orb.

Hey Sovyn which crit nodes are that which you use?

PS: love your build
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

I managed to fit in Slitherpinch as well as a 0.4% leech ring (and still get full resists... barely), and I've seen no problems after that. 0.8% seems to do it for me, and I'm at lower DPS than you.

EDIT: Against single monsters I can still run out... Warlord's Mark solves that problem. If you're really short, it may be an idea to use that curse for Curse On Hit... especially if you can fit in a +1 to curse number somewhere as Enfeeble is so useful.

I googled "1 additional curse" and it seems as if the only ways are a unique ring that doesn't offer much else in the way of stats, and a node on the passive skill tree that would cost 8 points to reach from the current build, the other 7 of which don't seem as if they'd do much. Are there other ways?
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I googled "1 additional curse" and it seems as if the only ways are a unique ring that doesn't offer much else in the way of stats, and a node on the passive skill tree that would cost 8 points to reach from the current build, the other 7 of which don't seem as if they'd do much. Are there other ways?

(ignore the CWDT setup. It's old)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info