[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Phloozy wrote:
I have been doing this build in the tempest league. I am having trouble sustaining mana at level 36 with a 4l. I went blood magic for now, what is the best way to fix mana issues at low levels?

Fewer auras, clarity, mana flasks. I don't think it's possible to be completely flask free at very low levels.

Edit, when you find Elreon you can add him to your hideout and buy his rings and amulets.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 11, 2015, 3:10:37 PM
"
Cyzax wrote:
Not sure... I'm having mana issues at L75 with Ice Crash too, and that too is with a 4L... Guess I should dig out that 5L Belly of the Beast from wherever it is hiding in my stash/characters, try to make up the resists elsewhere, and do a 5L Static Strike as Sovyn suggested.

Yes, the lack of multistrike makes it harder to sustain ice crash. I can do it though with 0.4% mana leech and 150 free mana. That may be because I have a good weapon (Doryani's Catalyst) as leech is based on how much physical damage you do. You can experiment with adding Clarity meanwhile.
"
Lyesainer wrote:
Hey Sovyn, thanks for the input!
So you are saying i should pick more phys damage over elemental? Does that apply to Cold damage too, or only with "elemental" in general? In that manner, is the inc physical support gem better than inc weapon elemental dmg one?

These skills and auras convert physical damage so they benefit from scaling physical more than they would from trying to scale the elemental part. Try it and see for yourself, that's the best way. Just write down your dps, get a big elemental node, write down your dps, do a little subtraction, then get a big physical node and then compare the figures.
Hey Sovyn again, just wondering the CWDT setup seems like it doesnt proc enough wondering if lowering it would help the build as sometimes you dont take enough damage to proc the elemental out thoughts on this or have you found this so far?
"
zenixmoo wrote:
Hey Sovyn again, just wondering the CWDT setup seems like it doesnt proc enough wondering if lowering it would help the build as sometimes you dont take enough damage to proc the elemental out thoughts on this or have you found this so far?

I have noticed this as well but my CWDT was too high (from my old immortal call setup) so I'm re-leveling a new one to the recommended level and well re-evaluate then. Heh, funny we are complaining about not taking enough damage. A nice position to be in I suppose.
Has anyone tried Wild Strike with this build? It looks inferior both in single and aoe situations, at least based on numbers, but I'm tempted to try something new (not leveled up to it in HC yet).
Last edited by livercat on Jul 11, 2015, 4:51:49 PM
"
livercat wrote:
Has anyone tried Wild Strike with this build? It looks inferior both in single and aoe situations, at least based on numbers, but I'm tempted to try something new (not leveled up to it in HC yet).

I should try it too, it's on my 'to-do' list but I'm not expecting it to be good.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:
Not sure... I'm having mana issues at L75 with Ice Crash too, and that too is with a 4L... Guess I should dig out that 5L Belly of the Beast from wherever it is hiding in my stash/characters, try to make up the resists elsewhere, and do a 5L Static Strike as Sovyn suggested.

Yes, the lack of multistrike makes it harder to sustain ice crash. I can do it though with 0.4% mana leech and 150 free mana. That may be because I have a good weapon (Doryani's Catalyst) as leech is based on how much physical damage you do. You can experiment with adding Clarity meanwhile.

Found the source of my problem... After a re-jig for damage, I had no leech at all! Warlord's Mark meant I wasn't totally screwed :-p
A little tinkering, and this is now working fine:
Spoiler
Question...

When I put Herald of Ash in Doryani's Catalyst, its Mana Reserved goes up to 35%.
Any idea why that is?

My guess is it's the Elemental Proliferation mana multiplier kicking in, but since the effect isn't applied to HoA, it shouldn't (I think)...
Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 11, 2015, 6:06:11 PM
"
Cyzax wrote:
Question...

When I put Herald of Ash in Doryani's Catalyst, its Mana Reserved goes up to 35%.
Any idea why that is?

My guess is it's the Elemental Proliferation mana multiplier kicking in, but since the effect isn't applied to HoA, it shouldn't (I think)...

Yes, it's the built in prolif support... works on the on-kill fire AOE from HoA. Minor. I put my HoA on the shield. Hatred is fine on the weapon though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info