[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Pathological wrote:
Im early game, I'm really struggling with damage with this build. Are people just ignoring the shield aspect and spec throw/leap slamming 2handers till late game?

My defensive with crest of perandus at this point is just off the charts, but it takes me forever to kill stuff at 30. Maybe I'm just using the wrong skills (double strike/lightning strike with ungurs gauche).

Any advice? My ungurs is about 82dps, the best 1hand weapons I can find on search sites are about 110dps at level 30 - I can't see a weapon upgrade making that big a difference. I certainly could link more supports, but mana is a REALLY big issue at this point. It seems pretty much mandatory to go blood magic or mana leech.

I found leveling up with the build relatively easy and straightforward. I did use a shield all along. I used Infernal Blow and I did run with several mana flasks early on.

I did notice my kill speed went up nicely each time I found a weapon upgrade, for example, still very early in the game, in act 1 cruel, I found this:

That lasted me quite a while.

Ground slam might be good early on too, if you have decent maces.

Most characters I've leveled start off pretty slow. I suppose it's relative to your level of tolerance.

If you are playing standard league or equivalent, I suppose you could use a 2-hander until merciless if you find that helpful. We don't take any nodes to support it though, not a big loss.
"
Hilldeamon wrote:

First I did it like in this guide (Tansmu -> Alt +Aug -> Regal) and then started to gamble with chaos orbs, since I got 3 different Vaal Bucklers I used the one with the highest iLv.

Very lucky roll with chaos! It does happen occasionally. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hilldeamon wrote:

First I did it like in this guide (Tansmu -> Alt +Aug -> Regal) and then started to gamble with chaos orbs, since I got 3 different Vaal Bucklers I used the one with the highest iLv.

Very lucky roll with chaos! It does happen occasionally. :)

Yeah figured that much lately. -> pain with other equipment.

What do you go for in a shield, more block or more evasion ? or a mix ? :(
"
clogman wrote:

What do you go for in a shield, more block or more evasion ? or a mix ? :(

You want both high evasion and high block. Out of those, Crest might be marginally better.

Another question, i got the Blind and Stun gems, but i hardly notice any effect with the stun gem, since i use Heavy strike (with its knock back).

How do you see that the stun is applied? i see the blind setting a marker above the mob, but not on the stun (or my warlords mark overwrites it ?)

Is it worth sacrifising a slot in a 5L for stun/blind and if so, which one?
Currently I am using Melee Damage + Double Strike + Melee Splash + Reduced Mana, which seems to be doing extremely well with group mobs. I'm trying to go the Heavy Strike route that you've gone, Sovyn, but I don't seem to be getting the life leech that I need to be able to stay alive.

Right now I'm at 39% dmg reduction, 65% on all resistances, 70% attack block, 43% spell block.

What is the pivoting point of taking significantly less damage so that I can switch?
How are you getting enough DEX to use a Tomahawk?

I am level 43 and I have only 37 DEX. (23 of that is from necklace)
"
QuizTIC wrote:
How are you getting enough DEX to use a Tomahawk?

I am level 43 and I have only 37 DEX. (23 of that is from necklace)

I had the same question, hah. It gets better once you get farther in the tree, but for a while you need to wear +dex gear. I was able to easily switch back over in the early 50s.

Also, there's a +30 Dex passive you can get for a while to hold you down until you can respec out of it.
"
clogman wrote:

Another question, i got the Blind and Stun gems, but i hardly notice any effect with the stun gem, since i use Heavy strike (with its knock back).

How do you see that the stun is applied? i see the blind setting a marker above the mob, but not on the stun (or my warlords mark overwrites it ?)

Is it worth sacrifising a slot in a 5L for stun/blind and if so, which one?

Blind is a little bit better defensively. Only use it if you don't have the mana capability to run 4 damage supports. It's a nice synergy with some evasion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info