[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

i edited my post and changed some numbers and ive put the difference in the passive tree net to !!

What you have posted is unfortunately irrelevant as all that matters when comparing builds is the passive tree stats. My point is, that is a weak passive tree defensively. So you have to make up for the large difference in resists on your gear (the tree he posted only has 8% elemental resists for example), the large difference in block (the tree he posted only has 28%, clearly not enough), no armour, etc. What happens when something bypasses his evasion?? *splat* Obviously he has many times the value of my gear on to get those stats. If you want to play Path of Mercantile, fine.

well actually the only costly thing in his build are BoR and rainbow stride, (9 and 1 exalted)
but thats not th point my final question is:

if i want a more dps build then yours should i go with his build? or just try to modifiy your build for more dps? and do you have any sugestion?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

well actually the only costly thing in his build are BoR and rainbow stride, (9 and 1 exalted)
but thats not th point my final question is:

if i want a more dps build then yours should i go with his build? or just try to modifiy your build for more dps? and do you have any sugestion?

The extra 32% all resists you will need with that other build is not cheap at all. You forgot about that.

And, BoR is running like 10 ex these days, which is ridiculous. It's not required with my build, but is with his.

If you want, you can use BoR with my build and hammer yourself into one weapon type (axes for example), choose some specific axe nodes instead of some of the block nodes, and do pretty good DPS while being the best tank. Many users of my build do 15K DPS or more with a similar approach. Of course, with either build you would need a great weapon to do what you consider good damage, which will cost you. Your variation of the lazy pally would be less flexible than the guide build though as you would be locked into using BoR and an axe.

I'd strongly suggest that if you have any doubts, go with the build you believe in more. You will fail if you choose a build you have any doubts about.

I know for a fact my build is great for new players because nearly no trading is required to be viable, and can also work for veteran players in the end game. Dozens of people have told me so from experience actually leveling up the build into end game. Remember, this build was started in February. Lot of water under the bridge.
Hi Sovyn, thanks for the guide!

I had a marauder sitting around that I was looking to do something with... some light play with the talent trees and I realised that this build would be very easy to adapt to a marauder... At level 66, he had almost identical stats for the points used. Have you thought about also posting this in the marauder forums? Many new players looking for a nice starting melee character go there I'm sure!

Edit: I would post the changes but I'm on a different computer at the moment then my offline file calc.
Last edited by thatdumbguy on Dec 6, 2013, 3:24:34 AM
Hello,

First time writing on this guide. I leveled up using this guide as my "bible". This is my first character which finished Merciless, and it was extremly fun. I am curentley lvl 86 and going very well...I did all maps magic or rare until lvl 75. Only issues i had was to the lightning boss in Torture Chamber and DOminus in the 74 map i belive. Rest was pretty easy... will try this weekend end game maps to see how i resist.

I'd like to thank Sovyn for this wonderful guide. Was very helpful as i was starting new in this game.

My current gear is:

It's mostly self found. With the exception of BOR and the amulet.

Would really love an input regarding what i need to get next. I know it will probably be the belt and the rings

Thank you:)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hilldeamon wrote:
Ohhhh!

Thanks a lot Sovyn

This is my current gear, the Astral Plate needs to be linked and then I'll use another Chaos resi ring to get all Ele + Chaos dmg resistant to 75%

Looking good! The shield is perfect. The gloves and belt, I'd probably replace with life/damage. Chaos resist is not too useful for us except for a few very specific circumstances where you can switch out gear for it.

Thanks for the advice, I was using it in the beginning with inc. dur., will switch a bit around. :)
Last edited by Hilldeamon on Dec 6, 2013, 7:48:18 AM
"
Hilldeamon wrote:
Ohhhh!

Thanks a lot Sovyn

This is my current gear, the Astral Plate needs to be linked and then I'll use another Chaos resi ring to get all Ele + Chaos dmg resistant to 75%

Man, this is a great shield! How did you get it, did you craft it, buy it or was it a straight drop?

Cheers
Im early game, I'm really struggling with damage with this build. Are people just ignoring the shield aspect and spec throw/leap slamming 2handers till late game?

My defensive with crest of perandus at this point is just off the charts, but it takes me forever to kill stuff at 30. Maybe I'm just using the wrong skills (double strike/lightning strike with ungurs gauche).

Any advice? My ungurs is about 82dps, the best 1hand weapons I can find on search sites are about 110dps at level 30 - I can't see a weapon upgrade making that big a difference. I certainly could link more supports, but mana is a REALLY big issue at this point. It seems pretty much mandatory to go blood magic or mana leech.
"
"
Hilldeamon wrote:
Ohhhh!

Thanks a lot Sovyn

Man, this is a great shield! How did you get it, did you craft it, buy it or was it a straight drop?

Cheers

First I did it like in this guide (Tansmu -> Alt +Aug -> Regal) and then started to gamble with chaos orbs, since I got 3 different Vaal Bucklers I used the one with the highest iLv.
Last edited by Hilldeamon on Dec 6, 2013, 11:07:23 AM
"
thatdumbguy wrote:
Hi Sovyn, thanks for the guide!

I had a marauder sitting around that I was looking to do something with... some light play with the talent trees and I realised that this build would be very easy to adapt to a marauder... At level 66, he had almost identical stats for the points used. Have you thought about also posting this in the marauder forums? Many new players looking for a nice starting melee character go there I'm sure!

Hail. :)

I have considered and posted about the Mara possibility many times throughout the thread and the total stats have never been quite as good as the Templar build. You will do OK though, it's just not quite as good.
"
Runner84 wrote:
Hello,

First time writing on this guide. I leveled up using this guide as my "bible". This is my first character which finished Merciless, and it was extremly fun. I am curentley lvl 86 and going very well...I did all maps magic or rare until lvl 75. Only issues i had was to the lightning boss in Torture Chamber and DOminus in the 74 map i belive. Rest was pretty easy... will try this weekend end game maps to see how i resist.

I'd like to thank Sovyn for this wonderful guide. Was very helpful as i was starting new in this game.

Howdy, Runner84. :)

Glad the build has been successful for you!

Pretty solid gear. A few suggestions to follow.

I think a low level cast when damage taken and enduring cry would keep up your three endurance charges more reliably. We don't get hit that hard often enough. Of course, in the guide, I suggest an Immortal Call CwDT combo as well. You would have to give up LS to do that, but it would save you in a pinch and you could use your existing CwDT for it.

Quality on your enfeeble gem might be good too.

Lastly, you are getting close to the time where you will be able to convert your level 20 attack skill gem/supports into level 1 20% quality with the vendor recipie. So you will need to decide if you are willing to re-level them or not. I probably would, the difference is pretty nice.

The belt is nice actually, the armour is a little low, but other than that, great.

I'd suggest getting some movement speed boots with minor resists and then changing the rings out for damage/whatever needed resists. :) Life on these as well would be ideal.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 6, 2013, 4:16:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info